Antonio Brown - (Former) Arena Football League Owner

Gugny

On 5/18/2023 at 7:10 PM, Not at the table Karlos said:

Same. I'm donating my brain to Chris Nowinski's Concussion Legacy Foundation I think it's called. I did the paperwork like 10 years ago. 

Agree with you on AB as well. Hes definitely different now. I hope he doesn't make himself worse by continuing to collect hits to his head by playing football. 

Same. Thanks for reminder. Signed up like 2 years ago, they were supposed to send me something to stick in my wallet and I haven't seen it.

If only my brain worked well enough to remember to reach out to them 😆😆😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Antonio Brown said he was suiting up/playing in tonight’s game. 

Attendance is expected to be double the normal attendance. 

Shockingly (said no one), now he’s not playing. 

https://wnyt.com/big-board-sports/antonio-brown-not-expected-to-play-in-tonights-albany-empire-game/?fbclid=IwAR2R-fpSY4b1GKDKGL90npV9VkzdXQzaW7ymFGNiGb5v6SoAlJh8DAaxJzU_aem_th_AQs6Hu2LkfjCla5Gq6ESRusiAD_R4VRhSUDGll8seG65K_VnZdUsb2VgUidNawCayn8

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Antonio Brown said he was suiting up/playing in tonight’s game. 

Attendance is expected to be double the normal attendance. 

Shockingly (said no one), now he’s not playing. 

https://wnyt.com/big-board-sports/antonio-brown-not-expected-to-play-in-tonights-albany-empire-game/?fbclid=IwAR2R-fpSY4b1GKDKGL90npV9VkzdXQzaW7ymFGNiGb5v6SoAlJh8DAaxJzU_aem_th_AQs6Hu2LkfjCla5Gq6ESRusiAD_R4VRhSUDGll8seG65K_VnZdUsb2VgUidNawCayn8

He was only going to play if DeAndre Hopkins joined the team.  

• Haha (+1) 2

I just heard on the local news that the Empire fired their coach of 1 week.  He was the 3rd coach this season.   

Edit: On the 11PM news last night they said the fired coach is staying with the team as a "consultant".  Edit again: Now he's not staying on as a consultant.  Totally gone from the Empire.

Note: Every time I turn on Ch 13 News & they do a report on the Empire, the story changes.  That's life in Antonio Brown's world where every day something crazy happens.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Latest update.  A new coach was supposed to come in, but he changed his mind, so they had a player retire & he becomes the new coach.  The just fired coach is returning as an assistant coach to help the new coach who until today was a player, but coaches can't play in the league the Empire is in.  https://www.outkick.com/antonio-brown-albany-empire-head-coach-change-12-arena-football-maurice-leggett/

With Porcelli out, Brown announced that Iowa Barnstormers defensive coordinator Terrence Foster was to be his replacement. That was on June 1.

It was announced on Sunday, three days later, that Foster declined the job. Maurice Leggett was named as the interim head coach.

Who is Maurice Leggett?

Leggett was on the Empire’s roster as a defensive back until last week. His retirement was made official on June 2, along with multiple other roster moves.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/21/2023 at 9:43 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

Same. Thanks for reminder. Signed up like 2 years ago, they were supposed to send me something to stick in my wallet and I haven't seen it.

If only my brain worked well enough to remember to reach out to them 😆😆😆

I think the first sign of CTE…

Is if you forget to reach out to the brain people … but you really did … you just forgot

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:29 AM, Gugny said:

Albany Empire has always put out a competitive and successful team, but no one goes to the games. @LeviF could likely provide more color, as he is mor of a local than I am. 

Few go because Albany is a terrible sports market folding more than 20 teams in the last 30 years but very foolish business owners read the business formula from a straight business analysis basis I can be the one to make money in Albany instead of really deep diving researching the market they are going too. If Albany, New York even cares about sports of there own city Albany which they don’t. Albany is culturally New York City sports and that is who they root for big time big league sports 2 hours drive away in New York City plus all that stuff is on television for a cable bill. Albany is a terrible sports city with the exception the Saratoga Race Track horse racing other than that exception. Everything else is failing in Albany the NLL indoor lacrosse also is failing but the PLL outdoor lacrosse is expanding to Albany next season but by passing Buffalo who is a great NLL indoor lacrosse market. Same deal with Arena/Indoor football is by passing Buffalo it’s bizarre like Antonio Brown and the Albany Empire arena football situation in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

5 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Few go because Albany is a terrible sports market folding more than 20 teams in the last 30 years but very foolish business owners read the business formula from a straight business analysis basis I can be the one to make money in Albany instead of really deep diving researching the market they are going too. If Albany, New York even cares about sports of there own city Albany which they don’t. Albany is culturally New York City sports and that is who they root for big time big league sports 2 hours drive away in New York City plus all that stuff is on television for a cable bill. Albany is a terrible sports city with the exception the Saratoga Race Track horse racing other than that exception. Everything else is failing in Albany the NLL indoor lacrosse also is failing but the PLL outdoor lacrosse is expanding to Albany next season but by passing Buffalo who is a great NLL indoor lacrosse market. Same deal with Arena/Indoor football is by passing Buffalo it’s bizarre like Antonio Brown and the Albany Empire arena football situation in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

What are these 20 teams of which you speak?

And Saratoga is not Albany. 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What are these 20 teams of which you speak?

And Saratoga is not Albany. 

Well, there's the Capital Region Pontiacs!  Who could forget them?

Or the Albany Conquest?   Probably the most famous ex-team is the Albany River Rats.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Well, there's the Capital Region Pontiacs!  Who could forget them?

Or the Albany Conquest?   Probably the most famous ex-team is the Albany River Rats.

You said over 20. I’m all for a little embellishment, but you’re not even close. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

You said over 20. I’m all for a little embellishment, but you’re not even close. 

I looked it up.  It says:

Alleycats

Attack

Capitals

Choppers

Diamon Dogs

Yankees

A’s

Devils

River Rats

Eagles

Firebirds

Conquest

Patroons

Islanders

Buzz

Kick

That’s 16

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/capital-region/news/2023/06/15/albany-empire-kicked-out-of-national-arena-league

The National Arena League announced Thursday afternoon that it had booted the Albany Empire out of participating in league competition for the season due to its failure to meet financial obligations under its owner, former NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown.

"The decision was reached after an emergency conference call of the members in good standing to discuss the Empire’s failure to pay their league mandated and overdue assessments," the NAL statement says. "Each team is responsible to pay for 1/7 of the league’s operating budget via monthly assessments starting in April. The Empire’s owner, Antonio Brown, was also fined $1,000 for Conduct Detrimental to the League for his recent public comments. Mr. Brown refused to pay that fine."

The league said its board of owners made what was a unanimous decision after exhausting attempts to resolve the issue. The decision highlights what's been a tumultuous two-month ownership period for Brown, who as recently as Wednesday pledged to suit up for the Empire

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/9/2023 at 9:33 PM, Gugny said:

I didn't say over 20.  The other guy did.  And there's a TON more....have a look at wikipedia.

16 minutes ago, LeviF said:

just read that

check this out

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/15/antonio-browns-arena-team-in-albany-gets-kicked-out-of-its-league/

Last night, Brown gave a rambling, shirtless press conference during which he wondered whether A.B. would play A.B. $1 million to play. How have the negotiations been going?

“I’ve been trying to talk to him, and the guy’s got like three different personalities,” Brown said, regarding A.B.

That pretty much says it all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.