Shakir Training with Moulds

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Interestingly, someone pointed out that Shakir had a higher drop rate than Gabe Davis last season.  Now, I don't dislike Shakir and I don't recommend that Buffalo dump him, but both Shakir and Gabe Davis have a lot of growing to do.  I hope working out with Moulds is helpful and that Gabe finds some way to improve his hands.

Moulds could drop passes with the best of them in his day.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Lee Evans with Josh Allen would've definitely been a top tier WR. I mean he made a name for himself with an inaccurate JP Losman. Picture him and Diggs. Would've been a more potent dual than Moulds and Peerless. 

You don’t hear much about Lee Evans nowadays, but he was extremely underrated

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Lee Evans with Josh Allen would've definitely been a top tier WR. I mean he made a name for himself with an inaccurate JP Losman. Picture him and Diggs. Would've been a more potent dual than Moulds and Peerless. 

Evans most famous play may have been the dropped TD against Brady in the playoffs

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Disagree 1

21 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Is anybody saying they don’t like Shakir?

At worst, it seems like he just wasn’t ready yet last season. I haven’t seen anyone openly bash him.

This is a great thread and great story, let’s not ruin it with “told you so” bs.

Hardly my intent
My comment was how can you Not love this kid ?
Not that anyone doesnt .
 Reading comprehension matters, So perhaps I phrased it incorrectly.

I am "all on Board " with Shakir training with Eric 💪

On 2/23/2023 at 3:27 PM, BigAl2526 said:

Interestingly, someone pointed out that Shakir had a higher drop rate than Gabe Davis last season.  Now, I don't dislike Shakir and I don't recommend that Buffalo dump him, but both Shakir and Gabe Davis have a lot of growing to do.  I hope working out with Moulds is helpful and that Gabe finds some way to improve his hands.

Two guys both dropping balls. and routes seemed sketchy at times. Then when plays broke down? Lack of situational awareness to come back to the ball and QB
Maybe the WR Coaching group needs some adjusting ??

On 2/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, Maine-iac said:

Travis Henry was plan b.

That is high end irony.

5 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Two guys both dropping balls. and routes seemed sketchy at times. Then when plays broke down? Lack of situational awareness to come back to the ball and QB
Maybe the WR Coaching group needs some adjusting ??

It's unclear here if you're remembering the recent "adjusting" with "the WR Coaching group." It didn't generate as much discussion as I'd have anticipated.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Hopefully Gabe can have the Moulds year three jump this year. Many people don't remember that he was not good his first two years, but year three he exploded and became the Moulds we love.

Unfortunately, we just witnessed Gabe’s year three. However, he could explode in 2023 since it is his free agent year. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

That is high end irony.

It's unclear here if you're remembering the recent "adjusting" with "the WR Coaching group." It didn't generate as much discussion as I'd have anticipated.

Chad Hall yes. But he left on his own accord was my understanding. Echoing that it may have been the WRs did not live up to their sincere potential Because of Coaching

and agreed about high end irony :)

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Unfortunately, we just witnessed Gabe’s year three. However, he could explode in 2023 since it is his free agent year. 

Hopeful the whole WR room improves actually.

Diggs makes his own plays and really doesn't need much Coaching up at this point though.
Shakir McK and Davis do

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Let’s not act like Gabe Davis has been a loss. He actually was a great pick up for where he was selected. The problem is his improvement has not been linear. He was playing so well that we expected him to go into that number two position and fill it and not look back. He could take a jump this next year. I just don’t want to bank it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/22/2023 at 8:39 PM, 3rdand12 said:

and we dont love this Kid Why ?
 Remind me again.
oh yes we are still grumpy about the season 

Shakir will grow as the Offense opens its playbook awareness

Love this news BTW 29. Very very cool 😉

McDermott has to actually put him in the game for that to happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

McDorsey , but yes that might help  lol

People say that they brought Beasley back because McKenzie wasn't able to fill the void. Maybe they brought him back because Shakir wasn't up to par and wasn't any better than Lil Dirty in the slot.🤔. Maybe he didn't earn more playing time.🤷

23 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

People say that they brought Beasley back because McKenzie wasn't able to fill the void. Maybe they brought him back because Shakir wasn't up to par and wasn't any better than Lil Dirty in the slot.🤔. Maybe he didn't earn more playing time.🤷

All possible !

My take is

Josh had such a great comfort/communication level with Cole , Bills felt bringing him and Brown back might help.
Something to consider about what was going on with the thinking in correcting the ships direction mid season.
Also keep in mind these guys were getting open and Josh either did not see them, or did not trust them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.