SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Every NFL player who leaves a game or sits out due to a "sore ankle" should look at Mahomes.  That dude is a competitor. That mindset, I'm not coming out under any circumstances.  That's a great quality.  

Mahomes faked it until proven otherwise. He desperately wants to look like a hero 

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are wrong. Mahomes will have 2 Super Bowl rings very shortly. Allen has zero. 

I'm pretty sure of you took a poll Mahomes clearly would be the number 1 QB. Personally, I don't think it would be even close.

Bills fans have to stop measuring Allen by his physical traits. I think he's the most physically gifted. However, that's not the only measuring stick for QBs. 

Mahomes arguable leads Allen in every intangible. 

Put Mahomes or Brady or any QB you idolize on a lousy team. Are they suddenly not a great player or not the best in the league? Conversely, is a journeyman QB on a great team who wins the Super Bowl a great team because he has a ring? Your reasoning is deeply flawed. Intangibles? Like what? Leadership? The team loving him? Work ethic? On what "intangible" is Mahomes ahead of Allen? Good looks? 

You're mindlessly repeating the media mantra. People like you would dominate in the "poll" you mention, yet another worthless metric. 

I'm not disparaging your character. But I do doubt about your ability to think critically. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think the Eagles defense played the Chiefs all wrong. They played them like the 2021 Chiefs where you had to drop everyone back into deep zones because of the threat of Tyreek Hill. This year they don't have a player like that so defenses have learned you can cheat more towards the short and intermediate areas without getting burned too often. The Eagles instead called an extremely vanilla and easy to dissect defense. Always rush 4 and drop everyone into their zone. Reminded me of our plan against the Bengals. That's way too easy for an elite QB and play caller, especially with an offensive line as good as the Chiefs. Because of this vanilla defense the Chiefs kept winning on 1st and 2nd down which made it difficult for the Eagles pass rush to ever find a rhythm. Andy Reid schooled his former team.

Except for when they didn't do this, and gave skyy Moore a wide open TD. 

Bills fans just latch onto language like this when it expands their limited understanding of defense Xs and Os and repeat it all summer long 

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was changed in 2005, I believe.  Why would they change the rule when they wrote it expressly to allow this type of play.  This is the intended outcome of the rule change.  Why would they change a rule that is working exactly as intended?  Every team should do it.

I guess maybe I’m just naively optimistic that they’re seeing how many former players, coaches, media people, etc. think it needs to be changed. 

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You want me to show you the stats from PFF on oline and receiver rankings? 

11 hours ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Or, go to Pro Football Focus, where they dissect every play of every game and see where Josh Allen ranks.  ( spoiler alert: he’s ranked higher than both QBs in the Super Bowl). 

I have a PFF membership as well. Do you or are you just regurgitating the tweet? I don't hate them as much as others, but they certainly aren't the bible either. I hope you two brought the same pro PFF energy when they said Allen sucked year after year. And stood so strong by them when they said he would not become the player he was today. 

There is room for a lot to be true. Allen holds the ball far too long, he is slow to read the field (especially against zone), and he regularly either looks past the guys underneath to throw the homerun ball. It doesn't do his OL any favors.  Allen is a good QB who needs to be more decisive ANNNNND the offensive line can still suck.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, finn said:

Put Mahomes or Brady or any QB you idolize on a lousy team. Are they suddenly not a great player or not the best in the league? Conversely, is a journeyman QB on a great team who wins the Super Bowl a great team because he has a ring? Your reasoning is deeply flawed. Intangibles? Like what? Leadership? The team loving him? Work ethic? On what "intangible" is Mahomes ahead of Allen? Good looks? 

You're mindlessly repeating the media mantra. People like you would dominate in the "poll" you mention, yet another worthless metric. 

I'm not disparaging your character. But I do doubt about your ability to think critically. 

Critical thinking isn't an issue here. It's called objectivity. 

So are you implying that Allen is on a lousy team? 

I mean basically the whole football world from fans to experts regard Mahomes as the best QB in the NFL. Burrow likely has surpassed Allen.

Yet, Bills fans consistently want to bang the table and say Allen is the number 1 QB. 

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have a PFF membership as well. Do you or are you just regurgitating the tweet? I don't hate them as much as others, but they certainly aren't the bible either. I hope you two brought the same pro PFF energy when they said Allen sucked year after year. And stood so strong by them when they said he would not become the player he was today. 

There is room for a lot to be true. Allen holds the ball far too long, he is slow to read the field (especially against zone), and he regularly either looks past the guys underneath to throw the homerun ball. It doesn't do his OL any favors.  Allen is a good QB who needs to be more decisive ANNNNND the offensive line can still suck.

This seems like more of a coaching deficiency to me.  Allen showed the capability of quickly going through reads and getting rid of the ball quickly late last season and early this season.  For some reason that has gotten away from him.   Maybe Dorsey is just better suited as a QB coach while Daball was clearly a more effective OC.  

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

Nice breakdown on Allen. 

Allen needs more help from the Oline, WRs, and coaching staff. These defiencies really hurt his ability to shine. 

I do think Allen is better than a good QB. He's not flawless but I definitely categorize him as elite.

Where I take exception is people thinking he's better than Mahomes. Mahomes is a generational QB. I suspect he's not done collecting rings.  

10 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I liked the part where he threw to 2 wide open WRs at the goal line that were schemed open by Reid. He might be 800% better 🙄

I liked the part where he took the read instead of trying to squeeze it into the triple covered guy after extending the play 6 seconds. 

A washed up Juju smith Scheuster is their second most accomplished ball catcher player after TK - just embrace that for a second and ask if there is something to learn

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are wrong. Mahomes will have 2 Super Bowl rings very shortly. Allen has zero. 

I'm pretty sure of you took a poll Mahomes clearly would be the number 1 QB. Personally, I don't think it would be even close.

Bills fans have to stop measuring Allen by his physical traits. I think he's the most physically gifted. However, that's not the only measuring stick for QBs. 

Mahomes arguable leads Allen in every intangible. 

Mahomes is a winner. His comps are with other winners in canton. It’s a fact until it’s not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mango said:

Nah Allen is the best player this franchise  has had in 25 years ANNNNNNND  if the 2018 draft had gone differently and Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold was under center Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane wouldn’t be here you know it and I know it. 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Nah Allen is the best player this franchise  has had in 25 years ANNNNNNND  if the 2018 draft had gone differently and Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold was under center Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane wouldn’t be here you know it and I know it. 

None of that is relevant. Nobody is arguing that Allen isn't the best player the franchise has had. 

This all started because I said that Hurts helps his OL by getting the ball out much quicker than Allen does. And you wanted to show me PFF that says our OL sucks, and now we are talking about Allen being the best player. 

You are just yelling at clouds dude. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

None of that is relevant. Nobody is arguing that Allen isn't the best player the franchise has had. 

This all started because I said that Hurts helps his OL by getting the ball out much quicker than Allen does. And you wanted to show me PFF that says our OL sucks, and now we are talking about Allen being the best player. 

You are just yelling at clouds dude. 

Dude you lost this argument you quickly avoided the actual grades of the comparative olines and receiving talent unless you’re the only person on this planet who thinks that Gabe Davis is the equivalent of someone like Devonta Smith. Cause guess Greg Cosell and Chris Simms agree with me while no one agrees with you. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I think the league has realized it was a mistake to change it but we’ll see. There’s already so many people calling for it in the media and among former players. 

The push plays ruined what used to be a tense situation. 4th and 1 and even 2 are now just gimme plays because it’s physically impossible for 1 or 2 defensive linemen to stand up against 7+ players pushing directly on them. It’s just stupid. 

They aren't gimme plays though.  Unless you have the line with the better push, I've seen that get stuffed many times.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I guess maybe I’m just naively optimistic that they’re seeing how many former players, coaches, media people, etc. think it needs to be changed. 

I just don't see what problem it has created.  It's a legal play available to any team.  I would rather see the Bills go for it more on 4th and short and do this if it helps than a lower % play or a punt.

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

On the flip side, is your hate of the Chiefs blinding you to the fact that it was definitely a hold? The refs didn’t decide the outcome, the Eagles poor defense in the second half did

Nonsense.  You can't sit there and tell me that was a hold, when they never called that all night and you can certainly find multiple examples of it happening and much worse. Refs must be consistent.

You're obviously OK with referees determining the outcomes of games.  I'm not.

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

They aren't gimme plays though.  Unless you have the line with the better push, I've seen that get stuffed many times.

They were converted nearly 85% of the time this year and that’s including traditional QB sneaks like where the QB wasn’t being pushed from behind. I’d be shocked if it were less than 90% on the push plays.

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

The players did decide the game. The outscored the Eagles 28-11 in the second half. How about with a 10 point lead you don’t give up wide open plays on defense and on offense you move the football and keep the pedal to the metal? The Eagles looked like the 2022 Buffalo Bills……look like the best team in the NFL one half and look mind boggling inconsistent on both sides of the ball the next half. Eagles had so many opportunities to blow that game wide open and never took advantage of it…..didn’t come down to 1 penalty, it came down to 1 half.

Yes, the referees decided the game.  They hadn't called that all night long when there's plenty of examples of it happening.  They let them play.  If you don't call it all night, you definitely don't call it on 3 down with less than two minutes to go.  Referees must be consistent.

You're fine with refs deciding games.  I'm not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I just don't see what problem it has created.  It's a legal play available to any team.  I would rather see the Bills go for it more on 4th and short and do this if it helps than a lower % play or a punt.

The problem is that it’s almost literally impossible to stop unless the QB fumbles the snap or slips and falls. 4th and 1s or 3rd and shorts used to be stressful situations where either team could come out on top. Now success is essentially just determined by which coach is smart enough to run a QB sneak instead of trying to get cute. 

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Bills fans just latch onto language like this when it expands their limited understanding of defense Xs and Os and repeat it all summer long 

It isn't just me. Eagles fans on Twitter sound like Bills fans, angry at their team for never pressing KC's receivers and playing vanilla defense most of the game. They did go to man right at the end and whoever was supposed to cover Toney and Moore on those TDs got confused by the pre-snap motion. But when the Chiefs were moving the ball at will all 2nd half it's  because they were taking advantage of an easy to dissect defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.