Frazier: The hard FACTS on why many of us want a change.

Alphadawg7

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

McDermott is ultimately responsible for the defense, as well as the composition of the team itself. 

I am no fan of Frazier but if he is fired he will basically serve as a scapegoat for McDermott's failures.

I totally get McD has his influence on the defense, but the reality is Frazier is calling the defense in game.  Tim Graham even reported that McD was screaming before the snap when he saw our DB's playing 10 yards off the LOS on a critical 3rd and 4 against the elite Bengals WR's.  Frazier made that call.  And this was an issue, this play was even mentioned by Beane in his end of the year presser.  

And we know McD isn't going anywhere this next season, so make the change where you can make the change.  You don't even have to fire Frazier, his contract is up, just hire someone new.  While McD will still have his influence on the D, maybe a new DC won't make stupid calls like that against potent offenses.

Take the 13 seconds debacle for example...Kelce humiliated Frazier on National TV being mic'd up.  He literally told Pat if they are gonna play it like that again (which we did even though it didn't work at all on the first pass that Hill got a bunch of yards on) just to hit him in the seem for an easy catch.  Ball is snapped, Kelce screams at Pat and they make an easy throw to set up the FG attempt.  

These are calls being made in game by Frazier.  The Bengals and Chiefs DC didn't make those same blunders when they faced our opponent the very next week and slowed those offenses down and won the games.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I could care less what our defensive ranking or DVOA is in the regular season. Josh playing Superman gets us in the playoffs.  Frazier and his weak predictable zone with zero pass rush gets us booted. Sure we can barely squeak by a weak 1st round opponent with a garbage qb ( Colts, NE, Mia.) because again Josh plays Superman with little offensive support.  But when divisionals roll around its soft zone, no pass rush and adios.  You'd think the McF apologists would've seen this movie before. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Frazier doesnt call anything different than his base scheme. He's admitted multiple times his defense will not do anything differently to combat matchup issues. The reason KC handled Cinci is KC adjusted and called a game that would interfere with what Cinci wanted to do. Look at Tomlin against the Ravens late this season - Tomlin stacked the line with 5 linemen/3 LBs and dared Balt/Huntly to throw it. You dont need to be this drastic but have some situational awareness at a minimum and call a game that's not so damn predictable/conservative. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

Frazier doesnt call anything different than his base scheme. He's admitted multiple times his defense will not do anything differently to combat matchup issues. The reason KC handled Cinci is KC adjusted and called a game that would interfere with what Cinci wanted to do. Look at Tomlin against the Ravens late this season - Tomlin stacked the line with 5 linemen/3 LBs and dared Balt/Huntly to throw it. You dont need to be this drastic but have some situational awareness at a minimum and call a game that's not so damn predictable/conservative. 

Exactly....you should have a different situational defensive gameplan for every opponent.  Every single team is different and has different areas to attack.  Leslie just writes up the same lineup card and strategy every single week.  No wonder come playoff time It's incredibly easy for an offense to gameplan against us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I guess we know this must be true since "FACTS" is in all capital letters?

Or you can read the post and see the information being presented are the facts of the results of these games.  Theres that too...or just keep adding little to the thread with silly unnecessary comments is another approach too, to each their own.

37 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

McDermott is ultimately responsible for the defense, as well as the composition of the team itself. 

I am no fan of Frazier but if he is fired he will basically serve as a scapegoat for McDermott's failures.

Hence why McDermott should be on the hot seat next season which won't happen. He needs to take ownership of his defense which has underperformed come playoff time and call the plays on gameday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Can't compete in the post-season without getting there first. 

So if we lose Loseley Frazier we won’t get into the post season anymore? Uh oh! Better keep him then. Stupid me, this whole time I thought it was Josh Allen and Stef Diggs. Now I find out it’s Loseley, Boogie, AJ and Ed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Can't compete in the post-season without getting there first. 

Wait..so are you saying another DC couldn't do a good enough job on a defense the past 2 years that ranked first and second in the league for the Bills to make the playoffs?  As if Frazier was the only one capable of helping us make the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Or you can read the post and see the information being presented are the facts of the results of these games.  Theres that too...or just keep adding little to the thread with silly unnecessary comments is another approach too, to each their own.

There are definitely FACTS presented.

But I'm not sure it's a valid logical conclusion to say "The teams the Bills lose to have poor Offensive performances the next week, so therefore <conclusion>"

Seems a bit correlation = causation at face value, but I'm still digesting that big first post.

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I totally get McD has his influence on the defense, but the reality is Frazier is calling the defense in game.  Tim Graham even reported that McD was screaming before the snap when he saw our DB's playing 10 yards off the LOS on a critical 3rd and 4 against the elite Bengals WR's.  Frazier made that call.  And this was an issue, this play was even mentioned by Beane in his end of the year presser.  

And we know McD isn't going anywhere this next season, so make the change where you can make the change.  You don't even have to fire Frazier, his contract is up, just hire someone new.  While McD will still have his influence on the D, maybe a new DC won't make stupid calls like that against potent offenses.

Take the 13 seconds debacle for example...Kelce humiliated Frazier on National TV being mic'd up.  He literally told Pat if they are gonna play it like that again (which we did even though it didn't work at all on the first pass that Hill got a bunch of yards on) just to hit him in the seem for an easy catch.  Ball is snapped, Kelce screams at Pat and they make an easy throw to set up the FG attempt.  

These are calls being made in game by Frazier.  The Bengals and Chiefs DC didn't make those same blunders when they faced our opponent the very next week and slowed those offenses down and won the games.   

McDermott is the head coach. He also has more power than Beane due to the fact that he pretty much hired him. Fans can gather around him as they choose, and many do so because they are enthralled by the term "process" which he plagiarized. He has been here long enough to correct deficiencies on defense, as well as the lack of protection and weapons for a great quarterback. I dont understand your ferverent support for McDermott but I respect your opinion and obviously I'm entitled to mine.

As always, thanks for the dialogue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

McDermott is the head coach. He also has more power than Beane due to the fact that he pretty much hired him. Fans can gather around him as they choose, and many do so because they are enthralled by the term "process" which he plagiarized. He has been here long enough to correct deficiencies on defense, as well as the lack of protection and weapons for a great quarterback. I dont understand your ferverent support for McDermott but I respect your opinion and obviously I'm entitled to mine.

As always, thanks for the dialogue.

I am not so sure about the bolded. McDermott recommended to the Pegula's they hire Beane. The Pegula's listened. Terry said in an interview back when they were hired that both men will report to him. He said Sean has the final say when it comes to coaching the team, running practices, team meetings etc etc etc. But Brandon has the final say with the draft, FA, and putting the roster together. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.