One Last Chance

Milanos Milano

I’m willing to give this regime one last chance to prove themselves, on one condition. Beane has to go to McD and Frazier and tell them this offense will be 100% dedicated to this offseason. WRs and Olinemen. We need to see what we can do with a total protected Allen and more weapons to help Diggs from being doubled all the time. If that means we don’t re-sign Poyer/Edmunds than so be it. Use that money on a FA weapon for offense, Josh Jacobs, Barkley. If we have to trade up and grab the #1 WR in the draft, then do it. Come away from the offseason with another great WR, RB to pair with Cook, and a bunch of Olinemen. We then roll into the season with a healthy Miller, White, Hyde, Benford, Elam, Milano, Rousseau. I’m ok with that. That has to be the plan though. We have to give Allen more time in the pocket and we have to give him another great WR to lean on when Diggs isn’t open. We cannot waste Josh Allen, I will be so angry if we can’t figure it out with one of the best QBs to play the game. It’s BS watching Burrow have 3 legit WRs to throw to, why can’t Allen have that? It’s BS watching Mixon have a great game, why can’t we have a star RB? This is what it’s going to take to beat teams like Cinci and KC reliably in the playoffs. Either Beane tells McD it’s time the defense takes a backseat, or we need to move on from the current regime. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m willing to give this regime one last chance to prove themselves, on one condition. Beane has to go to McD and Frazier and tell them this offense will be 100% dedicated to this offseason. WRs and Olinemen. We need to see what we can do with a total protected Allen and more weapons to help Diggs from being doubled all the time. If that means we don’t re-sign Poyer/Edmunds than so be it. Use that money on a FA weapon for offense, Josh Jacobs, Barkley. If we have to trade up and grab the #1 WR in the draft, then do it. Come away from the offseason with another great WR, RB to pair with Cook, and a bunch of Olinemen. We then roll into the season with a healthy Miller, White, Hyde, Benford, Elam, Milano, Rousseau. I’m ok with that. That has to be the plan though. We have to give Allen more time in the pocket and we have to give him another great WR to lean on when Diggs isn’t open. We cannot waste Josh Allen, I will be so angry if we can’t figure it out with one of the best QBs to play the game. It’s BS watching Borrow have 3 legit WRs to throw to, why can’t Allen have that? It’s BS watching Mixon have a great game, why can’t we have a star RB? This is what it’s going to take to beat teams like Cinci and KC reliably in the playoffs. Either Beane tells McD it’s time the defense takes a backseat, or we need to move on from the current regime. 

I'm sure Brandon and Sean are happy to hear this from you...

• Haha (+1) 9

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m willing to give this regime one last chance to prove themselves, on one condition. Beane has to go to McD and Frazier and tell them this offense will be 100% dedicated to this offseason. WRs and Olinemen. We need to see what we can do with a total protected Allen and more weapons to help Diggs from being doubled all the time. If that means we don’t re-sign Poyer/Edmunds than so be it. Use that money on a FA weapon for offense, Josh Jacobs, Barkley. If we have to trade up and grab the #1 WR in the draft, then do it. Come away from the offseason with another great WR, RB to pair with Cook, and a bunch of Olinemen. We then roll into the season with a healthy Miller, White, Hyde, Benford, Elam, Milano, Rousseau. I’m ok with that. That has to be the plan though. We have to give Allen more time in the pocket and we have to give him another great WR to lean on when Diggs isn’t open. We cannot waste Josh Allen, I will be so angry if we can’t figure it out with one of the best QBs to play the game. It’s BS watching Borrow have 3 legit WRs to throw to, why can’t Allen have that? It’s BS watching Mixon have a great game, why can’t we have a star RB? This is what it’s going to take to beat teams like Cinci and KC reliably in the playoffs. Either Beane tells McD it’s time the defense takes a backseat, or we need to move on from the current regime. 

I totally agree with the mindset...For sure...But McD runs that Organization basically, and at best it's a 50/50 with Beane because both have different duties and jobs. Pegula is McD's boss...Not Beane IMHO...

Maybe McD and Beane are having a Hamilton-esque meeting today...

McD:  No, one last time...
The people will hear from me...
One last time...
And if we get this right...
We're gonna teach 'em how to say...
Goodbye...
You and I...

Beane: Sean...they will say your weak!

McD: No! They will see we're strong!

Beane: But your position is so unique...

McD: So I'll use it to move them along...

Beane: Why do you have to say goodbye?

McD: If I say goodbye, Bills fans learn how to move on...it outlives me when I'm gone...

Maybe McD wants to go sit underneath his own vine and fig tree, have a moment alone in the shade and take a moment to reflect on what he built here?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

I totally agree with the mindset...For sure...But McD runs that Organization basically, and at best it's a 50/50 with Beane because both have different duties and jobs. Pegula is McD's boss...Not Beane IMHO...

Whoever is the boss, this is what needs to be done. The thought of taking a CB, DL, S, or LB within the first 4 rounds is vomit worthy. It’s over, the defense is taking a backseat because they failed with the resources they were given. If McD/Frazier can’t accept that, then it’s time to move on. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

One Last Time....

I think they deserve one last chance. I want to see what this team can do with a restocked oline, another star WR and RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m willing to give this regime one last chance to prove themselves, on one condition. Beane has to go to McD and Frazier and tell them this offense will be 100% dedicated to this offseason. WRs and Olinemen. We need to see what we can do with a total protected Allen and more weapons to help Diggs from being doubled all the time. If that means we don’t re-sign Poyer/Edmunds than so be it. Use that money on a FA weapon for offense, Josh Jacobs, Barkley. If we have to trade up and grab the #1 WR in the draft, then do it. Come away from the offseason with another great WR, RB to pair with Cook, and a bunch of Olinemen. We then roll into the season with a healthy Miller, White, Hyde, Benford, Elam, Milano, Rousseau. I’m ok with that. That has to be the plan though. We have to give Allen more time in the pocket and we have to give him another great WR to lean on when Diggs isn’t open. We cannot waste Josh Allen, I will be so angry if we can’t figure it out with one of the best QBs to play the game. It’s BS watching Burrow have 3 legit WRs to throw to, why can’t Allen have that? It’s BS watching Mixon have a great game, why can’t we have a star RB? This is what it’s going to take to beat teams like Cinci and KC reliably in the playoffs. Either Beane tells McD it’s time the defense takes a backseat, or we need to move on from the current regime. 

Mostly agree but am not using any extra money on a RB.

Any extra money should be spent on the oline, WR, and TE.

• Agree 1

Just now, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Mostly agree but am not using any extra money on a RB.

Any extra money should be spent on the oline, WR, and TE.

There are no good FA WRs this year, we would have to trade for a star WR. There is really only one great WR worth trading up for in the draft this year. Barkley and Jacobs are FAs this year. We saw what Mixon can do for a team. He keeps teams honest, you can’t easily stop 3 great WRs and a great RB. We have to match that, because we proved we can’t stop it on defense. So it’s either we go into shooting matches or we move on from the regime. 

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

We're getting a piss poor ROI on all the investment on D.  We'll be digging out from that hole for years, so I agree, i'd rather see us become an offensive juggernaut with a crummy D than a hobbled offense with a crummy D

Yep, which is why I’m willing to give this regime one last chance to prove themselves. If we go into the offseason and anything is dedicated to defense, I will have my answer as to who’s on the cutting block. This is Beane’s chance to prove to me he can fix this, if not, well I’m done with this regime. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There are no good FA WRs this year, we would have to trade for a star WR. There is really only one great WR worth trading up for in the draft this year. Barkley and Jacobs are FAs this year. We saw what Mixon can do for a team. He keeps teams honest, you can’t easily stop 3 great WRs and a great RB. We have to match that, because we proved we can’t stop it on defense. So it’s either we go into shooting matches or we move on from the regime. 

Yep, which is why I’m willing to give this regime one last chance to prove themselves. If we go into the offseason and anything is dedicated to defense, I will have my answer as to who’s on the cutting block. This is Beane’s chance to prove to me he can fix this, if not, well I’m done with this regime. 

Oh, so this isn't about the team, this is about you.  Why don't you save time and just get divorced from the team now?

• Disagree 1

It’s not just the offense vs. defense. It’s the misfires by the FO over and over again.

We’ve devoted a million resources to the defense and it sucks. So now the solution is to have that same person devote a million resources on the other side of the ball.

The last 3 drafts suck and our cap situation sucks. 

Just now, Beck Water said:

Oh, so this isn't about the team, this is about you.  Why don't you save time and just get divorced from the team now?

I’m never done with the team, I said done with the regime (Beane, McD, Frazier). If they take any D player this offseason, I will have my answer. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

It’s not just the offense vs. defense. It’s the misfires by the FO over and over again.

We’ve devoted a million resources to the defense and it sucks. So now the solution is to have that same person devote a million resources on the other side of the ball.

The last 3 drafts suck and our cap situation sucks. 

At this point its the last thing we can do without a total regime change. It’s why I said it’s one last chance. I’m willing to give them a shot to see if they can get the offense so juiced, that they can overcome the mistakes they made on defense. If they can’t do it, then next year we go with a new regime. 

They are soooo behind K.C. and Cincinnati I don’t think they can catch up by the time Allen’s prime years are wasted.  The hits will take their toll yesterday for the first time yesterday I saw Josh run out of bounds leaving about 5 more that he could have had on the table.  I don’t blame him at this rate he could go the Cam Newton route if he doesn’t protect his body more.  

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m never done with the team, I said done with the regime (Beane, McD, Frazier). If they take any D player this offseason, I will have my answer. 

At this point its the last thing we can do without a total regime change. It’s why I said it’s one last chance. I’m willing to give them a shot to see if they can get the offense so juiced, that they can overcome the mistakes they made on defense. If they can’t do it, then next year we go with a new regime. 

I think you can replace Beane without tearing the whole thing down. 

5 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

They are soooo behind K.C. and Cincinnati I don’t think they can catch up by the time Allen’s prime years are wasted.  The hits will take their toll yesterday for the first time yesterday I saw Josh run out of bounds leaving about 5 more that he could have had on the table.  I don’t blame him at this rate he could go the Cam Newton route if he doesn’t protect his body more.  

Which is exactly why this offseason has to be totally dedicated to the offense. Josh Allen needs all the resources, he deserves it. It’s time, and if Beane isn’t willing to do it, then it’s time to move on. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think you can replace Beane without tearing the whole thing down. 

I don’t think it’s that easy. How do we know if McD isn’t telling Beane he wants defensive resources? Beane really hasn’t dedicated all that much towards offense. Shakir, Allen, Davis, Cook, Ford, Knox., Singletary. In general, those aren’t bad picks other than Ford. Beane needs to go all out on offense, that’s the only thing left to do to see if that gets us over the hump. If that means trading up to get the best WR and letting Edmunds/Poyer go so we can get a stud RB to pair with Cook, then so be it. Get 2-3 great OL players in the draft and lets roll. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Amazing how things change quickly from "can we just make the playoffs once" in 17 years to this

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Amazing how things change quickly from "can we just make the playoffs once" in 17 years to this

That’s just what happens when you know nothing other than pain and mediocrity. The whole goal is to win Super Bowls. They either get us over the hump, or we look for those that can. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Why shouldn't they change? We've been to SuperBowls before. That's not good enough. We want a championship.  

Companies change leaders all the time. Some are good at turning things around, some are good at making them great, and some are needed to tear it down. Beane and McD were good at tearing everything down and starting over. They built something decent. But these are not the guys to win us a championship.  They lucked into an elite talent and the protect him with a terrible oline.  I beleive we are stuck with both McD and Beane for 2023. No SuperBowl next year and they should both be gone.

• Agree 1

I think this team needs another Stefon Diggs attitude.  He’s the only one that’s willing to get in peoples faces and plays with emotion.

Miller is a good positive leader and you need that too.  But I think what we saw yesterday, we need another one to get light fire under our asses.  I respected Brady for blistering his line but Aikman, Elway, Manning did it too….we got punched in the face and covered up.  Didn’t throw punches back.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think this team needs another Stefon Diggs attitude.  He’s the only one that’s willing to get in peoples faces and plays with emotion.

Miller is a good positive leader and you need that too.  But I think what we saw yesterday, we need another one to get light fire under our asses.  I respected Brady for blistering his line but Aikman, Elway, Manning did it too….we got punched in the face and covered up.  Didn’t throw punches back.

Sadly the FA and this draft class is lacking on WR talent. 

43 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

With all due respect iron maiden, you don’t make the decisions

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sadly the FA and this draft class is lacking on WR talent. 

Yup.  WR is going to be hard to get much out of without finding some trades like teams did last year.  

Brandin Cooks wouldn't cost much in trade compensation - but he does have an 18M salary for this year, and an additional year at 13M.  Gone over 1000 6 times, and is fast and a good route runner who can move around the formation.  He'll still be 29 going into next year

Beckham has no trade compensation.  But he doesn't want a short prove it deal, he wants to be paid so I'm not sure how wed make it work since other teams can and probably will overpay him. 

Hollywood Brown - Probably a bit rich trade wise- 5th year option, and would cost probably a 2nd round pick.  Probably wants an extension and Buffalo probably can't afford him with Diggs deal on the books.  

DJ Moore - In Prime, will cost a fair amount trade wise.  Annual cost is more than cooks, but younger.  

Basically it has to be someone who wants out, or someone who wants a payday. 

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So, in conclusion, you are saying:

🎵(I want you back) 
Yes I do now 🎶
🎵(I want you back) 
Ooh ooh baby🎶
🎵(I want you back) 
Yeah yeah yeah yeah 🎶
🎵(I want you back) 
Na na na na🎶

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.