We would of won if we had a dome

Chicagobills

I didn’t read through all of the comments but here’s what I noticed as it relates to the weather yesterday: for some reason, either coaching or player on-field experience, the Bills seemed utterly unsure of their footing. Nobody was making cuts. On offense, our ball carriers, including Josh refused to stick their foot in the ground and go north south and our linemen were getting pushed straight back like tackling sleds. On defense our linemen were simply Bull rushing, seemingly afraid to attempt to bend around their offensive tackles. Again…I’m not sure why.

• Agree 1

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

How about instead of paying hundreds of millions more for a function of vanity, we train our players to play big boy football like our dear friends from Cincy do.

And I like to be comfortable watching a game.  Driving 4-5 hours, tailgating in may be less then ideal weather and then trudging too and from the stadium, I'm a wimp and would love to not then be shivering (or wearing multiple layers).

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Blaming the weather is hilarious coming from Buffalo people...thought this was Bills weather, the way football is supposed to be played.....

I think you’re misreading the point of this thread. Read my post above. There was something clearly odd about how the Bills played on that turf yesterday. 

12 hours ago, Chicagobills said:

I believe the weather was a big factor today. We couldn’t get the offense going with the snow. If we had a dome we would have won 

There's not surface or weather factor that would make our sorry DLine and OLine any better. Both teams had the same footing. We just got demolished by a better team with better coaches. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn’t read through all of the comments but here’s what I noticed as it relates to the weather yesterday: for some reason, either coaching or player on-field experience, the Bills seemed utterly unsure of their footing. Nobody was making cuts. On offense, our ball carriers, including Josh refused to stick their foot in the ground and go north south and our linemen were getting pushed straight back like tackling sleds. On defense our linemen were simply Bull rushing, seemingly afraid to attempt to bend around their offensive tackles. Again…I’m not sure why.

I agree with your observation.  It seemed to really affect only one team.  Bengals looked like they were cutting fine. Bills seemed to be on skates. I feel the bills really never played well all season of the elements were bad. 

I am not in the camp that we would have won in a dome. Cincy clearly dominated us on both sides of the ball. However, I will say that the weather doesn't provide any advantage to this team. Bills are a finesse team that are just not physical enough. They play like a track team that would be better off playing in ideal conditions. 

53 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Damar Hamlin in the locker room before the game?? 🤔 "Let's win this one for Damar!" So, nothing from that?

It appears not. If this was Hollywood it would have been enough to win us the SB. I think that they were likely to lose this game no matter how pumped they were as they were so poorly prepared with schemes and strategy by coaches on both sides of the ball. The snow made it worse but I think that the Bills in their current physical and mental state probably lose this game 9/10 times. The only way they might have been able to get a victory is if Burrow had been injured early on or if their coaches had actually cooked up something special in strategy, which sadly they appear to be completely incapable of doing!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.