Tough Decisions Ahead for Beane!!!

CEN-CAL17

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Like I said…. If he changes both OC and DC, he will promote Washington from DL coach cause he was Carolinas DC and Promote Mike Shula cause he was OC in Carolina.

You know you can see that.

We need to fire McDermott and fumigate our team of this entire staff imo....they won't though

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Like I said…. If he changes both OC and DC, he will promote Washington from DL coach cause he was Carolinas DC and Promote Mike Shula cause he was OC in Carolina.

McDermott should have no further say in who gets coordinator jobs...if he don't like it FINE BYE BYE..Time for bean to make some tough decisons....if I was pegula I would be on the phone with bean giving him an earful....bean has to separate his friendship with business decisions 

Edited by Billever76
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They have to focus their energies on finding a new LT which will solve two problems when you slide Dawkins to LG.  Add a bunch of speed to the offense and let ‘er rip.  Trade Oliver and maybe Davis in the service of getting a new LT. Let Poyer walk.  Edmunds is the hardest call.

So...we're not signing 4 new DL not named Von Miller in Week 1-2 of UFA?  

:lol:

10 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Just a disaster waiting in the wings. He needs to put his ego aside. I’m serious. If he doesn’t want to do that — ba-bye. Too bad so sad. Can’t win with em!

Edited by Thrivefourfive
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

Why not just fire Beane? We have our QB. He doesn’t have anything else to offer us. What would be the harm in firing all of them?

Sadly if bean doesn't have the balls to fire everyone then he himself should be fired with them all.....This team needs a new philosophy and it starts with the hc and if bean doesn't agree it starts at the very top all the way on down

• Agree 2

There needs to be some mix up. It’s become stale, and the team isn’t any better since 2020. I love and respect Frazier but I think we need some new juice there. The D-line got bullied today, we really missed Daquan Jones, and the lack of Von was evident. Phillips playing w/ one arm was completely ineffective, and the lack of girth up front today stood out. On the offensive side; LG, RG, and RT are replaceable. We need a true #2 receiver, who has quick twitch and get open quick ability for short to intermediate passes. Gabe Davis is a good player, but can be blanket covered without an underneath receiver. Shakir will be the starting slot next year, so McKenzie can either walk, or move into that pure gadget role. All my love to Poyer but he’s unattainable at this point I think. Love my team, but some changes are needed to breath some new life into this team.

4 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Sadly if bean doesn't have the balls to fire everyone then he himself should be fired with them all.....This team needs a new philosophy and it starts with the hc and if bean doesn't agree it starts at the very top all the way on down

You always hear our fans peddle these weird lies about Beane like he “runs a tight ship” or “drafts BPA, not need” and it’s all total nonsense.

Every year things leak out of that building.

Every year he drafts for immediate need.

I wish I had a group of people willing to lie for me like that.

• Agree 1

The two players on the line that the GM hit on were not able to play today, Jones and  Miller. The misses played today, Basham, Epenesa, Settle.  Rousseau and Oliver also were invisible. White should restructure to a lower contract or should be gone. McKenzie has been a liability all year. We kept 3 special teams only players on the roster?? Upgrade LG and RT needed. Diggs Allen relationship needs repair. Dorsey needs to go, we need a leader of men not just another one of the guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

McD is okay, but his coordinators stink. Frazier should be gone and Dorsey should be given some pointed criticism and some serious homework for this summer.

McDermott hand picked these coordinators!..They are a direct reflection of McDermott....McDermott has put his stamp on this team....ITS ABOUT TIME JOSH ALLEN speaks up....we shouldn't have a soft nickle identity.....we should have an aggressive defense that blitzes and forces pressure and attacks relentlessly coupled with an offense full of motions and misdirection focused on getting weapons at multiple depths all over the field....we need a new start on coaching from the top down or dare I say we waste a generational talent at the qb position 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’ll put it this way…. I bet Vegas has our over under 10.5 games. I’m taking under all day if the OC and DC stay the same. Add that in with some of these players gone. Yep. Nothing will change and for some reason they Will expect fans to believe they can compete for a Super Bowl…. Ok. Sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Neither Beane nor McDermott is leaving IMO.  Obviously, some soul searching needs to take place.  I think the Bills need to address the impotence of their offensive and defensive lines.  The defensive line seemed to be on the right track early in the season, but it has experienced a steady decline after Von Miller went down.   The offensive line is OK against some opponents, but I don't know that the current personnel will ever be able to handle better defensive lines.  We've all heard that Kromer is supposed to be such a great offensive line coach, but he hasn't materially improved this offensive line.  Also, I'm still not sold on Devin Singletary.  There are some running backs that seem able to make yards even with less effective offensive lines.

I do have some issues with play calling.  It seems to me as if Josh is attempting too many low percentage passes on third down.  If the play doesn't connect, it ends the drive.  That's been happening too often.  On defense, I was shocked at how soft Buffalo's corners played Cincinnati's WRs at the start of the game.   Cincinnati needed 5 yards for a first down, and Buffalo's CBs were playing 10 yards of the LOS.  Time after time soft coverage led to easy completions in comparison to Cincinnati'e CBs who played tight the whole game.  I don't know that Buffalo needs to scrap the whole scheme (which I can't see them doing with McDermott as HC) but they do need to change up some things-maybe mix in some more man and press coverage and some creative blitzing.  The big thing is getting some elite guys on the D-line.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.