I’m over this defensive scheme. Bring in a new DC.

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

TO suggest this game had a damned thing to do with Von's absence is absolutely ridiculous.

The guy doesn't play many snaps anyway, and when he does, he is almost always nicely neutralized by the opposing right tackle, in a one-on-one battle that doesn't open anything else up for other DLmen.

Sure, he'll do something great once in the game, and then everyone says "Oh, there's Miller; he's a great player!" 

He's way overrated at this stage in his career; all big named edge rushers are over-rated.  They don't consistently do enough that directly results in WINS.

Keep Von, I'll take a stud Diggs-type #2 WR this off-season, please.

We scored 10 points today!  Against a great QB and great offense with maybe the best WR corps in the league.

That ain't gonna get it done! 

You read that completely wrong. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

I doubt that will be one of the demand made of him. In fact I know it won't.

Whatever the truth may be, there is too much on Allen right now. If he doesn’t show up we literally get blown out. No other playmakers on O, can’t run the ball, defense sucks… We need other playmakers on this team not named Josh Allen.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's a scheme issue IMO. They give up way too much when they try and take something away.

It makes sense because year to year it is much easier to stay consistently good offensively than it is defensively. This has been studied. Much higher correlation year to year with good defenses versus good offenses.

So if they are going to not be good when they play good offensive teams then they need to outscore them.

If we aren’t going to make stops in the playoffs we are going to keep not making it to the Super Bowl. That’s the reality. Fix the ***** defense or we are never going to beat the best teams. I get in the fantasy football era people want to ignore that. You still need to be able to play defense 

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If we aren’t going to make stops in the playoffs we are going to keep not making it to the Super Bowl. That’s the reality. Fix the ***** defense or we are never going to beat the best teams. I get in the fantasy football era people want to ignore that. You still need to be able to play defense 

So KC has a great defense? Or one that just plays situationally well?

Just now, Big Turk said:

So KC has a great defense? Or one that just plays situationally well?

The year KC won the Super Bowl their defense started clicking at a very high level. Down the stretch they were excellent and they shut us down in that AFC championship game. Stuck our WRs like glue and made our offense very uncomfortable. 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The year KC won the Super Bowl their defense started clicking at a very high level. Down the stretch they were excellent and they shut us down in that AFC championship game. Stuck our WRs like glue and made our offense very uncomfortable. 

But they weren't a great defense...they just took advantage of officials not making calls against them. 

Kudos to them.

They didn't get away with it in the SB and got flagged often and blown out.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why does Frazier need to keep on keeping his job after the defense fails in the playoffs?  It’s been every single year.  How many times do we need to see his defense not work in playoff football before we try something new?

In his defense, our eliminations have come at the hands of Mahomes and Burrow. They are the two best Qbs in the league right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why does everyone have to get fired when you lose in the playoffs?

Frazier's defenses (and unfortunately, likely more accurately, McDermott's defenses) have a growing resume of getting torched in the playoffs by teams with a balanced offense. That's why.

In the playoffs the DEFENSE has 

1. Blown a 16 point lead.

2. Got picked apart by KC (Kelce & Hill)

3. 13 SECONDS 

4. Bengal drove up and down the field like Marshawn Lynch in the gulf cart.

I'm tired of lackluster pass rush & the corners playing 7 yards of WR on 3rd on 4.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If I was Beane I would sink the majority of resources into the offense.

We've seen the defense get smoked in the playoffs all 3 years in the losses with all the picks and All-Pro players.

If they can't stop anyone when it counts then they damn sure better make sure they can protect Allen, have WRs that get open other than Diggs and let the offense go toe to toe...

They’re in a really dilemma this offseason.   They need to put serious resources into the Offensive line and a WR.  But they also have several big FAs on defense... and really need a new DC.  Thats a tall order for one off season.  They’ve squandered this window, with these players.  So now the question is how quickly do they replace all the FA and retool the line and are they going to finally recognize this defensive scheme isn’t good enough when the playoffs roll around.  

• Like (+1) 1

I've said this many times over the past few years

The offense and defense is not aligned

The Team likes to or at least says they want to be aggressive on offense but then plays a passive defense. It doesn't match. The ideas/goals/thoughts should be aligned 

A guy that should get a call is vic Fangio, I know he plays a different defense than what McDermott has coached but that shouldn't matter 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

They’re in a really dilemma this offseason.   They need to put serious resources into the Offensive line and a WR.  But they also have several big FAs on defense... and really need a new DC.  Thats a tall order for one off season.  They’ve squandered this window, with these players.  So now the question is how quickly do they replace all the FA and retool the line and are they going to finally recognize this defensive scheme isn’t good enough when the playoffs roll around.  

I think they need a new DC but they won't.

Frazier's schemes even with high level talent are exposed by good offenses in playoff games. I'm wondering if we could get more out of what we have in those situations with a different scheme. It would be hard to get less. It's like he coaches scared and gives up free yardage to not get beat deep 

• Like (+1) 1

You’re absolutely right Alpha. But here’s the problem…

I think it’s more Mcd and not Frazier.

They can fire Frazier but then MCD will just want to hire a guy who runs his cover 2/cover 3 shell.

If the defence changes, I think it has to start with MCD looking at himself in the mirror

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think they need a new DC but they won't.

Frazier's schemes even with high level talent are exposed by good offenses in playoff games. I'm wondering if we could get more out of what we have in those situations with a different scheme. It would be hard to get less. It's like he coaches scared and gives up free yardage to not get beat deep 

They have to try something... then current D has been exposed in every playoff game, save the NE game.    we need a new defensive identity. Which means new DC.    And get a fickin offensive line for Allen

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.