Vikings gone

1stgm1993

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Seems to me that dedicating a man to spy on Josh should either (1) reduce the pass rush pressure on him, or (2) leave someone open downfield. Feels like we should be able to take greater advantage of it than we are.

And neither has happened the last two weeks (NE & Miami).  

How did he get sacked 7X's?

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Our offensive line is a huge liability, much greater than it seems because of Josh's ability to escape from trouble. But obviously (as yesterday) he's not always able to do so.

Right now, we could use upgrades at three positions—both G and RT. Either that, or get them to figure things out. Right now, they are just killing us.

That Vikes defense is bad. But ... did Daniel Jones just go out and actually affirmatively WIN a game rather than just game-managing a way for the Giants to avoid losing it?

He's always been a interesting case to me. He has shown real big-playmaking skills from time-to-time, usually buried by a bad offense and bad offensive scheme around him. Daboll may be allowing an actual winner to emerge? Still too soon to tell, but I'm guessing they commit to him for better or for worse.

38 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Are you predicting a Giants upset over the Eagles?

I dunno.  Were people predicting them to win over the Vikings?

I will say that I think the Giants are more likely to be competitive and pull off a win over the Eagles than the Vikes.  I'm not a betting person so I don't tend to predict outcomes.

I see the Vikes as a team  that was squeaking out wins all year on improbable catches by Jefferson and a lucky horseshoe shoved up their butts.  I thought the Giants dominated them yesterday on both sides of the LOS. 

The Giants played the Vikes tough 2 weeks ago while sitting their 1st string QB and RB and several other players. 

I think Daboll will have the Giants BELIEVING they can beat the Eagles.  Like OK they drubbed us by 26 points mid-season, we held them to 22 points and they only beat us by 6, 2 weeks ago, we can do this, LETS ***** GO!

Edited by Beck Water

Vikings had a pretty good offense and Cousins had a good year. You have Cook and Jefferson you're going to win some games. But their defense wasn't really any better than Detroit or even Chicago's defense.  They had the benefit of being a good team in a weak division, although GB and Detroit got better in 2nd half of season. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Dolphins were sending a lot of Cover0 blitzes. 

There are two ways to beat a Cover0 blitz:

1) a quick pass, like a screen

2) deep passes - but that requires keeping extra men in to block and protecting well enough to let them develop

The Bills were choosing Option 2 a lot.  Josh was also sometimes choosing to extend plays rather than to take his checkdown option.

I'm also wondering just how hindered Josh is from having that dirty ankle shot vs. the Bengals.  He doesn't seem to have the escapability he usually does.

3 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Vikings had a pretty good offense and Cousins had a good year. You have Cook and Jefferson you're going to win some games. But their defense wasn't really any better than Detroit or even Chicago's defense.  They had the benefit of being a good team in a weak division, although GB and Detroit got better in 2nd half of season. 

Am I the only one who didn't know that Wade Phillip's son Wes is the Vikes DC?

I think Eberflus (who I'm pretty sure is the real DC for the Bears) is a true defensive coaching talent.

Edited by Beck Water

16 hours ago, RiotAct said:

don’t worry, that play where Jefferson had the ball pinned to his arm by Cam Lewis will be on every NFL commercial for the next three years.

Because Lewis didn’t knock the ball down and out of bounds on 4th & 18? That one. The one that contributed to cost the Bills the 1 seed? The poorly played, and most likely poorly coached jump ball. But hey, if he intercepted it, the Bills would have lost field position. Wait, that’s bad too. 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

A few were, although they may have all been Giants or New York City homers.

I played the Giants and was happy to take the points too. I expected them to win. Actually except for the SEA-SF game I took the points in all games this weekend including tonight's game. So far, so good.

12 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Because Lewis didn’t knock the ball down and out of bounds on 4th & 18? That one. The one that contributed to cost the Bills the 1 seed? The poorly played, and most likely poorly coached jump ball. But hey, if he intercepted it, the Bills would have lost field position. Wait, that’s bad too. 

That was particularly unforgivable considering the Hail Murray happened to the same Buffalo Bills team only 24 months previous. Man was I pissed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I played the Giants and was happy to take the points too. I expected them to win. Actually except for the SEA-SF game I took the points in all games this weekend including tonight's game. So far, so good.

That was particularly unforgivable considering the Hail Murray happened to the same Buffalo Bills team only 24 months previous. Man was I pissed.

Lewis should have been swinging an invisible axe from his right to left as the ball was getting to Jefferson’s finger tips. It’s completely unforgettable. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Lewis should have been swinging an invisible axe from his right to left as the ball was getting to Jefferson’s finger tips. It’s completely unforgettable. 

And that is situational football which applies to any receiver but the fact that it happened against DeAndre Hopkins and Justin Jefferson makes it even more unforgivable. This is at least partly a coaching issue.

When the game is on the line there is zero harm in mentioning the obvious but important points.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

And that is situational football which applies to any receiver but the fact that it happened against DeAndre Hopkins and Justin Jefferson makes it even more unforgivable. This is at least partly a coaching issue.

When the game is on the line there is zero harm in mentioning the obvious but important points.

You know all it takes is one sideline guy to scream it, and then every DB screams to each other. Wonder what happened?? Crickets, like the non-squib kick last January at Arrowhead..?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That Vikes defense is bad. But ... did Daniel Jones just go out and actually affirmatively WIN a game rather than just game-managing a way for the Giants to avoid losing it?

He's always been a interesting case to me. He has shown real big-playmaking skills from time-to-time, usually buried by a bad offense and bad offensive scheme around him. Daboll may be allowing an actual winner to emerge? Still too soon to tell, but I'm guessing they commit to him for better or for worse.

Daboll is the difference.  He went from being poor to a very good QB in one year.  

Now Danny will get 40M+.  Luckily for the Gmen, Daboll won’t be leaving.

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Huh????  He ran for 708 yards this season.  He is a rushing QB.  If there is a spy on Allen, then more chance a receiver is open and room to run.

Please explain.

Because Jones doesn't have the rep yet. Despite the stats no one talks about his running ability.

16 hours ago, McBean said:

Giants are dangerous.

We are on a collision course with them for the Super Bowl.

They’ll give Philly and San Fran all they want (assuming they beat Philly.)

While I'm not going to say the Giants have no chance against Philly or San Fran, I think that's a tall order.  What Daboll has done with the talent he has to work with is pretty amazing, but I think it's pretty clear that both of those teams are much more talented than the Giants.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.