Who is Skylar Thompson? A look at the Dolphins' starting quarterback for the playoff game vs. Bills

HOUSE

Here is a look at the 25-year-old who will be starting this weekend

image.png.25551adb646f16564f4af369e30b6875.png

There will be a two rookie quarterbacks starting on Super Wild Card Weekend and Miami Dolphins' Skylar Thompson is one of them. Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is out for the first-round playoff game against the Buffalo Bills (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET), meaning Thompson will get the start. Tagovailoa has been in the concussion protocol since Dec. 26, after he suffered his second concussion of the year. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/who-is-skylar-thompson-a-look-at-the-dolphins-starting-quarterback-for-the-playoff-game-vs-bills/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The unknown bothers me. Probably PTSD from the drought era Bills making backup QB’s look like all-stars.

He hasn’t looked awful from what I’ve seen of him but their offensive line is very banged up too so things haven’t been easy for him.  

they could be missing 2 starting olinemen and several depth guys.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The unknown bothers me. Probably PTSD from the drought era Bills making backup QB’s look like all-stars.

I totally understand this sentiment, but...

Personally, I don't think this is the week to be worried about an opposing QB looking like an All-Star.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And the Dolphins blew it again....😬

NFL Draft

Thompson was taken by the Dolphins in the seventh round with the No. 247th overall pick. There were only 262 players selected and he was the second to last quarterback taken in the draft. The San Francisco 49ers selected Brock Purdy with the last pick and he will also be a starter on Super Wild Card Weekend against the Seahawks. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I don't believe a 7th round QB has ever won a playoff game in the modern era. Possibly has not even started in one before. There's been a handful of 6 rounders of course.

So if the Bills somehow find a way to lose this game, go figure.

The other 7th round rookie starting this week is a 9.5 point favorite.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It says "there will be a two rookie quarterbacks starting this wild card weekend".  Ok.  First of all, do they know English/ have spell check, "a two rookie quarterbacks".  Secondly, who is the other rookie QB this weekend, never mentions who, Brock Purdy?.

Eye noticed that right away... what the a *****.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I’m going to extensively mock this man and the Miami dolphins, expecting to win by at least 4 tds.  Being a bills fan for almost 40 years I fully realize Thompson will probably be the next Tom Brady.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.