Don't look now, but Bills rounding into playoff shape.

ChicagoRic

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

As said above I would dispute your description.  Look, we all love Josh, and he played great in the second half.  But is anyone seriously going to deny he’s had some bad parts of games the second half of the season?  All I am saying is we need the good Josh; one poor half loses playoff games.

I watched the same game and didn’t see his arm get hit.

The point still stands that he got hit at the knees while trying to step into the throw

I love the optimism, though I don't share it. WR depth is not there. The secondary is like a sieve. Don't even get me started on the tackling.

The Bills aren't playing Superbowl football. Their 5 minutes versus Cincinnati was lackluster--probably would have lost that game. Getting the gift wrapped #2 seed was a fluke.

I just hope they elevate to playing AFCCG football.

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The point still stands that he got hit at the knees while trying to step into the throw

How many great throws has Josh made flat footed?

just be honest:  do you think Josh has struggled some over the last half of the year or not?  He’s still great, but he’s had some weak moments.  Whether it’s his elbow or what who knows, but it’s reality.

• Dislike 1

This year ALLEN is not being patient  and taking what the defense is giving him, Ken Dorsey wants to be aggressive too much. Dabol wasn't perfect but he made sure Allen would take the easy stuff. 

I hope Josh start taking those small profits, especially with Cook and Dawson sitting out in the flat. 

That will open things overtop for Brown, Diggs and Davis.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Hard to interpret today given what’s happened this week.  But Josh has not been as consistent as one would like for weeks now.  We need the good Josh in the playoff games.

I was listening to the WGR pregame yesterday and they listed a ton of Allen stats in zone vs man. JA17 was between 22-30 in every zone metric and 8-12 in every man coverage metric. 

They were talking about in the context of "will BB get out of his man coverage, and he probably won't because BB has not answer for Josh. They simply wrote off the zone stuff because of his elbow."

I almost called in, because I felt like they had glossed over what the story was. Josh being bottom of the league this year against zone coverage is a massive talking point.

• Vomit 1

16 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I’d love to believe that but I don’t think so. Last year the bills crushed the pats in The final game. 
the bills this year are an enigma to me. They struggle on D with every team. The O looks pedestrian at times and then explodes. The games seem so close and yet the final score is 2 score wins. Hard to put my finger on it. The Bills last season had an overrated D but a super explosive O

I agree; the OP is looking at anecdotal incidents and drawing broad conclusions from them.

It doesn't work that way.

We are starting at ZERO right now.  We have to see what we do in each game ahead.

Last year Josh was beyond phenomenal in the playoff games.

Will he return to that?  Be horrible?  We don't know yet.

2022 Bills

13-3

28.44 pts per game on O

17.9 pts per game given up on D

2021 Bills

11-6

28.41 pts per game on O

17 pts per game given up on D

These teams basically mirror one another but suck to many on this site?

I have seen this year Buffalo Bills closing out close games due to better coaching and player decision making, arguably with a much harder schedule in 2022 vs 2021.  Losing only 3 games by a total 8pts is unreal. Never being blown out to date unlike Indy last year.  Do people realize how friggin close this team was 16-0? 

Call me optimistic? Just need 2022 playoff Josh to return starting next Sunday at 1pm which I have confidence in. 

Sky is the Limit!

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

No offense we were on our way to losing to Cincinnati on Monday night.  There is no way we would have pulled that game out.   They were gutting our secondary until the #3 event happened.

I guess the Bears beat us pretty soundly since they marched down the field on their first drive as well? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

And it should be longer than that if it wasn't for them blowing the Vikings game 5 different times .if they knocked down the 4th and 18 to Jefferson instead of Lewis trying to int it and the just fumble in the end zone we would be 14-2 with a bye and playing ether the Chargers or Jags

Now is not the time to be looking back and romanticizing about our pretty win streak.

We are at ZERO right now and have to start from NOTHING.

It's all right there in our hands, and in front of us.

13 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

our running game looked good when we decided to run it, despite this being the first game all season we didn’t eclipse 100 yards on the ground. 

I think that's part of the problem right there.  We aren't even trying to run the ball when we should be.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

We were less than 10 minutes into the game and Cincy offense is known for their fast starts and then bogging down as the game goes along (check out their past few games) and our defense tends to be the exact opposite.  I absolutely do not buy the argument that there is no way we would have beaten the Bengals, especially when you consider that we were in our 3 losses until the very end and really should have pulled those games out.

We will see because we are on a collision course with them after the second round of wildcard games.  KC is going to get the winner of the Jags Chargers game.  We are going to get Cincinnati.  But if you take those two TD's away from the return game yesterday, NE wins that game.  Buffalo is not the same team it was last year and unfortunately not for the better either.

2 hours ago, alton said:

I guess the Bears beat us pretty soundly since they marched down the field on their first drive as well? 

There is a difference the BEARS ARE NOT CINCINNATI !!   We will see in the 2nd round of playoffs.  It's almost certain we get to play Cinci in round 2.

I hope Frazier pulls off some Vudu magic because we are going to need it. 

9 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

We will see because we are on a collision course with them after the second round of wildcard games.  KC is going to get the winner of the Jags Chargers game.  We are going to get Cincinnati.  But if you take those two TD's away from the return game yesterday, NE wins that game.  Buffalo is not the same team it was last year and unfortunately not for the better either.

Buffalo is 2.5 games better this year per wins and losses.  You can't just "take away" the two returns.  Even if he gets tackled at the 25 yard line both times, the Bills still have those two possessions to play out and score points.  Special Teams essentially cannibalized three of the offense's possessions (Hines TDs and Taiwan's fumble), which is why they only had 320ish yards and scored 21 points.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

How many great throws has Josh made flat footed?

just be honest:  do you think Josh has struggled some over the last half of the year or not?  He’s still great, but he’s had some weak moments.  Whether it’s his elbow or what who knows, but it’s reality.

Get a load of this guy.... what do you want, perfection 24/7??? Josh Allen is HIM. He is a MONSTER.

Lets be honest if there is one thing on this team I am absolutely NOT worried about -- its josh allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

Get a load of this guy.... what do you want, perfection 24/7??? Josh Allen is HIM. He is a MONSTER.

Lets be honest if there is one thing on this team I am absolutely NOT worried about -- its josh allen.

I want Josh to be the good Josh, like in the second half.

15 hours ago, boater said:

I love the optimism, though I don't share it. WR depth is not there. The secondary is like a sieve. Don't even get me started on the tackling.

The Bills aren't playing Superbowl football. Their 5 minutes versus Cincinnati was lackluster--probably would have lost that game. Getting the gift wrapped #2 seed was a fluke.

I just hope they elevate to playing AFCCG football.

I don’t even know what to say to this post trying to predict what is 7 to 3 game was going to come out like it’s just stupid. The bills have literally won six games in a row were in first place, for the AFC have already beaten Kansas City this year, along with a multitude of other good teams

This is just I need to get a dog thinking

12 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

There is a difference the BEARS ARE NOT CINCINNATI !!   We will see in the 2nd round of playoffs.  It's almost certain we get to play Cinci in round 2.

I hope Frazier pulls off some Vudu magic because we are going to need it. 

You would think that the Bengals are just blowing away teams with the love that they are getting here from our own fans they’re not

On 1/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, Kaenon said:

We are on a 7-game win streak.

Impressive in today's NFL.

Let’s make it an 11 game win streak!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.