Jordan Phillips injury

Simon

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

He can't catch a break this year. He was off to a good start but injury riddled season 

That’s kind of been his story since he left Buffalo.  The business of trying to chase people down and pulling a hammy or hurting his shoulder was silliness.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Wasn't this his issue with the cards? He was always hurt? 

Yeah.  And when he was healthy for them he was a force.  Dude is the Sammy Watkins of DT's, if he was durable he'd be a legend.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Wasn't this his issue with the cards? He was always hurt? 

Yeah.  And when he was healthy for them he was a force.  Dude is the Sammy Watkins of DT's, if he was durable he'd be a legend.

Just now, Da webster guy said:

Imagine if we had Von and Jordan Phillips 100% healthy right now we would be a different team.  Now we have to rely on guys like Epenesa to contribute and he just cant make an impactful play to save his life these days.  I feel like we should move Rousseau around more vs Miami.

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

IR Phillips and bring in Brandon Bryant from the practice squad.

You can’t place all that additional load on Settle, Jones and Oliver. 

You need a DT that can at least be healthy. 

Phillips is a big upgrade to Bryant when healthy

I’m not sure how IR rules work for the playoffs, but PS elevations re-set and become unlimited for each player

However, the teams still only get 2 elevations

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

IR Phillips and bring in Brandon Bryant from the practice squad.

You can’t place all that additional load on Settle, Jones and Oliver. 

You need a DT that can at least be healthy. 

Agreed I would rather have a 100% healthy Brandon Bryant, then having to take Phillips out of the game after a play Phillips has done his job. We are in the playoffs with second place seeding

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Agreed I would rather have a 100% healthy Brandon Bryant, then having to take Phillips out of the game after a play Phillips has done his job. We are in the playoffs with second place seeding

Yeah, like I said, Banged up Bills (although wrong a lot) did bring up that there are three stages.

AC sprain was best case scenario. We know it’s worse than that.

Dislocation was next, but he can’t raise his arm. 

So I think we’re going to find out it’s his labrum after the season.

I hope Sean and Frazier just do the smart thing and get Bryant in there. They can’t keep putting Phillips on the field with one arm, it’s obviously hurting the team.

Teams are going to identify that quickly. 

22 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Imagine if we had Von and Jordan Phillips 100% healthy right now we would be a different team.  Now we have to rely on guys like Epenesa to contribute and he just cant make an impactful play to save his life these days.  I feel like we should move Rousseau around more vs Miami.

We're not getting squat from Epenesa or Basham.  We're down to one decent pass rusher in Groot and one DT in Oliver. Every time we blitz Tremaine it's a wasted play.  Thank God Shaq has played well, but we're going to have to activate arena football mode and outscore teams..

Edited by LABILLBACKER

15 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Ya he didn’t do much today that stuck out. Why is he in there if he can’t go? I suppose no one else is capable? Odd considering how much capital is on that DL 

It's alarming to me that the Bills are putting him out there in this condition. 

That video is jarring. 

New England is <5 yards in and he might as well be out there in a sling. 

The Coaching staff needs to do the right thing for the team and get another Defensive Lineman that is fully capable on the field. 

Jordan played 19 snaps yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's clearly slinged up which means the staff know that he is hurt therefore we sling him and limit his capability in a game where we know we are the better team and will win, which we did.

Jordan had 19 snaps, get's him some game "practice" and get's him ready for the playoff push. He was most likely told "don't raise your arm"!

He's fine and he's a stud for us! He will be fine for the Miami game.

GO BILLS!!!!

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It's alarming to me that the Bills are putting him out there in this condition. 

That video is jarring. 

New England is <5 yards in and he might as well be out there in a sling. 

The Coaching staff needs to do the right thing for the team and get another Defensive Lineman that is fully capable on the field. 

Jordan played 19 snaps yesterday. 

It sucks that he is pretty useless now because of an injury that occurred with him making the senseless decision to lunge at a QB at the end of a game that wasn't a contest anymore when he had no chance of tackling him.............but poor decision making and being injured are the two primary reasons he's never played up to his potential.    You get what you get with Jordan Phillips.    Maybe he takes the shots in the playoffs and can play better thru the pain.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Basham is useless as a DE. He should only get some reps as the fourth or fifth DT. Epenesa and Basham picks looking as bad or worse than Ford. 

Epenesa and Boogie are just nameless gray faces out there.  But hey on the bright side I hear the staff has some plans for AJ to cut weight next offseason to help with his explosiveness.  

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Phillips is a big upgrade to Bryant when healthy

I’m not sure how IR rules work for the playoffs, but PS elevations re-set and become unlimited for each player

However, the teams still only get 2 elevations

Yes and I assume the Bills are elevating Brown and Beasley for the Playoffs. 

We've had no word about Kumerow or Crowder, so they're not coming back. 

Nothing on Hyde since December. He's not coming back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.