Sean McDermott should be Coach of the Year

Coach Tuesday

On 1/6/2023 at 8:21 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

I know reading comprehension isn’t isn’t your thing but this is a new low point for you.

Oh i read it & comprehended & it's a great thing that you have made such a promising determination that a coach that has won 3 AFC east championships since he's been here & put the Bills in the play offs 4 out of the 5 yrs he's coached the team .

But you were still one of the biggest to B**CH at every single bad move not taking into consideration that he had only been a HC for now 5 yrs & he has the second winning percentage in team history behind Marv which i bet you were complaining about him too .

So you had with your complaining about the Bills HC went into a higher realm as far as B**CHING goes which if this is a new low for me if you look up you will still see me above you . 

Because although McD has made some mistakes in his 5 yr tenure as the Bills HC and he as well as you & all of the others here that have called for him to be fired knew he made these mistakes (but he learned from them & looked forward) but the big difference is i was never as critical as you or those others because he's a winner bottom line yet you still complain . 

Your the typical glass half empty guy instead of looking for the half full scenario & actually see what good has come from him being here .

There are always at least half a dozen viable candidates for COY.  McDermott would have been a totally reasonable choice in 2017 or 2020.  He's a reasonable choice this year.  Are there other good candidates?  Sure.  If they sustain success, they can always be recognized some other year.  This is a great year to check this box for McDermott.  

1 hour ago, T master said:

Oh i read it & comprehended & it's a great thing that you have made such a promising determination that a coach that has won 3 AFC east championships since he's been here & put the Bills in the play offs 4 out of the 5 yrs he's coached the team .

But you were still one of the biggest to B**CH at every single bad move not taking into consideration that he had only been a HC for now 5 yrs & he has the second winning percentage in team history behind Marv which i bet you were complaining about him too .

So you had with your complaining about the Bills HC went into a higher realm as far as B**CHING goes which if this is a new low for me if you look up you will still see me above you . 

Because although McD has made some mistakes in his 5 yr tenure as the Bills HC and he as well as you & all of the others here that have called for him to be fired knew he made these mistakes (but he learned from them & looked forward) but the big difference is i was never as critical as you or those others because he's a winner bottom line yet you still complain . 

Your the typical glass half empty guy instead of looking for the half full scenario & actually see what good has come from him being here .

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cantankerous said:

He should be fired. He will never win a Super Bowl. 

Hard to argue with this right now -- it's not looking good. He is ruining Allen's prime with terrible coaching decisions. I am not just talking game time ones either. McD should have never let allen pick his own OC and they should have never trusted this team in the hands of a first year play caller. 

Statistically this team was on par with our team last season, but to the eye test, at the end of the season Daboll had the O playing at an Elite level and firing on all cylinders. Quite the opposite this season.

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Hard to argue with this right now -- it's not looking good. He is ruining Allen's prime with terrible coaching decisions. I am not just talking game time ones either. McD should have never let allen pick his own OC and they should have never trusted this team in the hands of a first year play caller. 

Statistically this team was on par with our team last season, but to the eye test, at the end of the season Daboll had the O playing at an Elite level and firing on all cylinders. Quite the opposite this season.

this times 100x

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Someday Sean will win the Marty Schottenheimer memorial award for having the highest winning percentage in the regular season. He'll just never sniff a SB. Let alone win one.

I'm never going to be a big fan of McD, but that is harsh and knowing unless there's some blow-up with Beane or the Pegula he's here for a while (and Josh's best years), so I sincerely hope you're wrong.  

He is not perfect and has been given way too much credit for the Bills success.  

Yesterday he was awful and the coaching and the preparedness was a joke. 

Last thing anyone who is a fan of the Bills wants to do is come here and say that, because it means the Bills lost a big one again. 

As I've said go to threads where people are praising McD and see the reactions to the thread and it is almost always 90% positive "thumbs up, lombardi trophy, agree & beer stein". 

Some posters I'm sure start those threads to see the reactions.

I think McD has improved as a coach, but yesterday was embarrassing.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.