Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

I'm of the opinion that if the NFL requires the Bills to resume this game in Cincy, the Bills will forfeit.  I won't even hazard a guess as to Cincy's reaction as they still do have traumatized players as well.

We are the best and hottest team in the nfl. We beat KC head to head. Why roll over and let the league take advantage of us? we won’t, we deserve 1 seed. The game will be finished. 

Edited by Kiva
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Why roll over and let the league take advantage of us?

I’m not sure you’re allowed to use this type of phrasing these days. People that roll over and get taken advantage of might get offended. 

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The poster I responded to said it would "piss a lot of people off" that a team forfeited while Damar Hamlin was in the hospital and rested their starters in the final week. That is completely false.

I don’t know - judging by many of the posts in these threads, there will be more than “a lot of” pissed off people. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The 4th seeded Bengals rested their starters in week 18 last year despite having a shot at the 3 seed.

Maybe they’ll prefer the 4th seed again, beat Baltimore then concede the bills game . That would be crazy. 

43 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Would you rather rest your starters against the Pats and likely play Baltimore as the #3 seed.......or win and likely play Miami?

Play the starters and get the 2. It gives another team a shot to knock off the Chiefs in the divisional round and the best shot at possibly still being able to host the Championship game if someone takes the Chiefs out

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Play the starters and get the 2. It gives another team a shot to knock off the Chiefs in the divisional round and the best shot at possibly still being able to host the Championship game if someone takes the Chiefs out

We're not playing the Chiefs in the divisional round if we get the 2 or 3 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's not crazy to think that the Raiders could beat KC.

They put up a lot of points against a great 49ers defense with Stidham at QB.

I wouldn't say it's likely but maybe 40% chance.

That means beat NE and Bills are #1 seed.

I’d go with 25% or so but still, point taken. That was a different looking Raiders team than we’ve seen in some time. 

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Would you rather rest your starters against the Pats and likely play Baltimore as the #3 seed.......or win and likely play Miami?

There was some speculation here that AFC win % could be used. In that case, the one seed is on the table with a win. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

There was some speculation here that AFC win % could be used. In that case, the one seed is on the table with a win. 

Doubt it.  The NFL's official website already has the scenario laid out as if they'd go by traditional win % meaning we have no shot at the one seed if KC wins on Saturday.  They basically ripped the Bills controlling their own destiny for the one seed from their hands if they go by winning %.  Unless they resume the Bills/Bengals game the following week there will definitely be a giant asterisk next to the AFC Champion this year.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Doubt it.  The NFL's official website already has the scenario laid out as if they'd go by traditional win % meaning we have no shot at the one seed if KC wins on Saturday.  They basically ripped the Bills controlling their own destiny for the one seed from their hands if they go by winning %.  Unless they resume the Bills/Bengals game the following week there will definitely be a giant asterisk next to the AFC Champion this year.

Bills can still be AFC Champion regardless of Bills/ Bengals being resumed or not 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.