Super Bowl - Are you likely to go?

Captain Caveman

Super Bowl - are you likely to go?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Are you likely to attend a Bills Super Bowl?

• Of Course
    • Nuh-uh
    • Not Sure

The SB gets so much hype because the league wants the non-football/sports fan to tune in. That is why they have these halftime shows which are mostly terrible. It's treated like the event of the year rather than just a football game. I get it the league wants everyone tuning in for ratings/$$$$$. I would rather watch at home or go to a Super Bowl party then the game. If the Bills win, then I will drive up from NJ to be at the parade. I wouldn't miss that for anything.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Have friends in Phoenix to stay with so would be tempted to go for the pre-game parties - can't afford tix. Waste Management Open is the same weekend.

No. Absolutely no unless I won some that I could not resell.

I have been to Phoenix stadium and there are some terrible seats there from which you can barely see a portion of field.  You cannot see much on monitors either.  Will NFL mandate those seats not be sold?  No.  Wish I had kept ticket from game and could look up what that seat is charging for Superbowl.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No. Absolutely no unless I won some that I could not resell.

I have been to Phoenix stadium and there are some terrible seats there from which you can barely see a portion of field.  You cannot see much on monitors either.  Will NFL mandate those seats not be sold?  No.  Wish I had kept ticket from game and could look up what that seat is charging for Superbowl.

My Pats fan buddy was there in 2008 for the Giants/Pats SB - IIRC, he paid $1500 apiece for 2 end zone seats in the top row. According to him, partially obstructed. 

Said he would have regretted it even if the Pats had won.

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

My Pats fan buddy was there in 2008 for the Giants/Pats SB - IIRC, he paid $1500 apiece for 2 end zone seats in the top row. According to him, partially obstructed. 

Said he would have regretted it even if the Pats had won.

My seat was behind a girder with overhang blocking most of view when I was trying to look on either side.

I would not wish that seat even on a P*ts fan.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I know Super Bowl ticket prices are absurd (like about 6000$ including fees, etc... for the absolute worst seats.)  Add in flights and hotel and you're probably looking at at least $20000 for 2 people to go together.  I'm looking at my finances, and although I could make it work, it just seems outrageous to spend that much money on a 2-3 day trip.  On the other hand, it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.  So - if the Bills are in the Super Bowl, are you likely to be there?

I went to our first one....super great experience UNTIL the end. I am much older now and will just enjoy it from home.

I don’t even go to Super Bowl parties.  Too many people not watching the game.  

This feels like that x 1000. 

You know where I would want to be when Buffalo wins the Super Bowl?  Right here in Western New York.  The celebration is going to be AMAZING. 

• Agree 1

Just now, BRH said:

I don’t even go to Super Bowl parties.  Too many people not watching the game.  

This feels like that x 1000. 

You know where I would want to be when Buffalo wins the Super Bowl?  Right here in Western New York.  The celebration is going to be AMAZING. 

I totally understand the sentiment but having been to two of the Bills Super Bowls I can tell you that the atmosphere surrounding the game is amazing. I still remember the in-stadium lead up in Pasadena and saying to the people around us “how do these guys play a football game in the midst of all this hype”? It honestly felt like you are sitting at the center of the universe. By the way, much better outdoors than indoors at Atlanta. Blimps and planes everywhere overhead until the skies all mysteriously cleared right before game time and you just knew something was coming….a B2 bomber fly over. Amazing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tickets for a working stiff like me aren't anywhere in my budget in season games are high enough but still palatable but Super Bowl I'll never see one unless someone buys me a ticket . My TV is paid for so ill be on my A** in front of it that day hopefully watching the Bills ...

• Like (+1) 1

I've been to 6 Super Bowls, here are the costs updated for inflation to the present. Total then & adjusted for inflation in bold.  I don't know how easily the spreadsheet will copy over to here so alignment may get messed up  We won the Bills lottery in 1992 & 1993.  I drove in 2014 & stayed with relatives in 2016

Year    Transportation    Car Rental    Ticket    Lodging    Misc    Parking    Total    Inflation     ADJ to 2022    Notes
1991    $158.00    $83.73    $1,165.00    $60.00    $50.00    $0.00    $1,516.73    2.116975    $3,210.88    Lodging is for 2 motel nights in Orlando, ticket is Disney Package
1992    $919.00    $0.00    $150.00    $0.00    $50.00    $0.00    $1,119.00    2.05649    $2,301.21    Transportation and lodging grouped, includes $779 for flight/motel
1993    $344.50    $52.08    $175.00    $64.42    $100.00    $10.00    $736.00    1.996005    $1,469.06    Lodging & Car Rental represents half total cost.  
1994    $60.00    $0.00    $1,248.00    $0.00    $150.00    $0.00    $1,458.00    1.947617    $2,839.63    Ticket includes lodging & flight, transportation includes est. railroad cost to Buffalo
2014    $60.00    $0.00    $1,857.50    $114.99    $125.00    $105.00    $2,157.49    1.233894    $2,662.11    Transportation is for gas & tolls to drive to game
2016    $395.00    $0.00    $4,726.20    $0.00    $125.00    $20.00    $5,246.20    1.2097    $6,346.33    Parking is shuttle to & from Fremont

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I totally understand the sentiment but having been to two of the Bills Super Bowls I can tell you that the atmosphere surrounding the game is amazing. I still remember the in-stadium lead up in Pasadena and saying to the people around us “how do these guys play a football game in the midst of all this hype”? It honestly felt like you are sitting at the center of the universe. By the way, much better outdoors than indoors at Atlanta. Blimps and planes everywhere overhead until the skies all mysteriously cleared right before game time and you just knew something was coming….a B2 bomber fly over. Amazing. 

All that is actually cool. Would be even better without all the people. :)

Just now, BRH said:

All that is actually cool. Would be even better without all the people. :)

I hear ya….but the people is what made it really fun. The Cowboys fans were very good natured. The Super Bowl prices tend to eliminate the typical drunken riff raff. And contrary to what many might say, we weren’t surrounded by disinterested corporate types. Everyone around us was just glad to be there. It was fantastic! 

• Like (+1) 1

I am a long-time season ticket holder with 4 seats (2 lower bowl & 2 clubs) and hoping to hit the lottery if the Bills make it. As @SoCal Deekand others have related, the SB experience is phenomenal. TV is fine but, IMO, nothing beats being at a game. 
Just found out that Breeze airways flies direct from Richmond to Phoenix starting Feb 10…what a coincidence! Will book that on Tue if the Bills win Monday. Can always go somewhere else if the Bills get upset.

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I hear ya….but the people is what made it really fun. The Cowboys fans were very good natured. The Super Bowl prices tend to eliminate the typical drunken riff raff. And contrary to what many might say, we weren’t surrounded by disinterested corporate types. Everyone around us was just glad to be there. It was fantastic! 

The 2 years we had tickets from the Bills we had Bills fans around us.  When I went to SBXXV I used the Disney package & was the last Bills fan before the Giants package, so I had Bills fans to the left & Giants fans to the right, it was fun talking with both.  For the Atlanta game we were among corporate types & they didn't understand cheering & me yelling "They're playing the wrong Shout Song" after the Bills 1st score. In NJ, I joined in with the scattered Seahawks fans (I had Denver fans on my left & Seahawks fans on my right) because if the Seahawks won I'd win a pool that I put $10 in & got back $300.  In Santa Clara I was neutral but our StubHub tickets were from Carolina, so we were surrounded by disappointed Panthers fans. 

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

No the Super Bowl isn't for football fans, it's for people that want to go to an expensive party and say they were at the Super Bowl.  

Best way to watch the Super Bowl will always be from home.

With the exception of Atlanta, every Super Bowl I've been to I was surrounded by real football fans, mostly for one or the other team.  Don't knock something until you've tried it.  Obviously from a financial standpoint it's better to be home, but for enjoyment of the game nothing beats being there.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.