Chris Simms says whoever Tre is covering will be open

Einstein

he hasn’t been the absolute shutdown corner that he was from 2019 - Thanksgiving of 2021.

The Bears’ one long completion on Saturday was at his expense.  He turned around and found the ball nicely while it was in the air, then for some reason turned his head back towards the WR and became a spectator.   Not good.

I think he’s still rounding into form, but it’s good to see hin back out there despite some struggles.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Yea I saw this last night , and simms rarely talks down about Buffalo. But it is different from what we’re used to hearing about white. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say go after 27. Maybe he isn’t 💯 yet, or he never will be. I don’t no !!! But I do no one thing every CB will be tested in this game. This is we’re we need von , if our young guys can’t get there it might be a long game. I would love to see Ed destroy the middle. GO Bills 

• Like (+1) 4

Tre's technique out there looks excellent. He's a half step slow right now but beyond that , no issues. Baldies breakdowns from 2 weeks ago confirms some of his very good play. Simms has gone full Burrow of late and everything that comes with that. (Maybe Josh broke up with him)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So give Tre a little help over the top, play a 4-2-5 alignment and force Burrow to take the short stuff, or more likely, let him go bombs away.  They'll get their passing yards but even a single turnover could well make the difference in this game

• Like (+1) 1

Not buying any of that Tre  Bull sh**

He also said there is no chance of running on the Bengals.....thats just plain stupid

The guy is a Cincinnati Bengals  freaking homer

Annoying Askhole 😬

Edited by HOUSE
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

So give Tre a little help over the top, play a 4-2-5 alignment and force Burrow to take the short stuff, or more likely, let him go bombs away.  They'll get their passing yards but even a single turnover could well make the difference in this game

We literally always play in a 4-2-5 alignment (well ok, 99% of the time) :)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Tre is s-l-o-w right now, and it’s visible. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s running a 4.7 40 at the moment. He definitely makes up for some of it with instinct and strong knowledge, but it’s a problem. 

Tre nearly intercepted 2 passes last week.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Not buying any of that Tre  Bull sh**

He also said there is no chance of running on the Bengals.....thats just plain stupid

The guy is a Cincinnati Bengals  freaking homer

Annoying Askhole 😬

He sure sounded like it although he has been pretty high on the bills this year to

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Tre isnt up to full form of his all pro self but he has still done a good job.  Yeah, he has allowed some plays but so has every corner in the league.

So far it has been a combination of giving up some players, and making plays what white has not done is give up touchdowns

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Tre nearly intercepted 2 passes last week.

In a windstorm game against a bad throwing qb with no receivers. Watch his actual play: he is a step slower and it is OBVIOUS. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He sure sounded like it although he has been pretty high on the bills this year to

So far it has been a combination of giving up some players, and making plays what white has not done is give up touchdowns

He gave up a TD to Tyreek Hill!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Tre isnt up to full form of his all pro self but he has still done a good job.  Yeah, he has allowed some plays but so has every corner in the league.

It’s less about him being a starting-caliber player than about him being currently too slow to play man against the Jamar Chases of the world. He is not 100 percent. He has said so himself. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

It’s less about him being a starting-caliber player than about him being currently too slow to play man against the Jamar Chases of the world. He is not 100 percent. He has said so himself. 

Why would we play man against chase any way whenever we are a zone team if we need somebody to play man coverage we have Elam

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why would we play man against chase any way whenever we are a zone team if we need somebody to play man coverage we have Elam

We are a matchup zone team (where zone morphs into man) that occasionally plays man. Elam showed vs George Pickens that he’s not ready to play man against top-end receivers (yet). The Bengals have very, very good receivers. The Bears currently have the worst receiving corps the league given the injuries.

Keep in mind that zone results in a lot of easy completions, especially for highly accurate qbs with multiple good options. That’s Burrow for you. Lael Collins going down is huge given that it gives Rousseau an advantage. 

Edited by dave mcbride

52 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I really respect Chris Simms as he is the anti-average-talking-head-that-vomits-words-out-of-his-mouth type of analyst, so i’m a little concerned. Has Tre been that bad!?

Tre is running below his usual speed. Hes not 100% yet. He still makes good decisions, but his feet arent moving like he wants them to.

Thats why I was glad he came back when he did, he needs to keep running on that knee to get back to 100% before the playoffs

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In a windstorm game against a bad throwing qb with no receivers. Watch his actual play: he is a step slower and it is OBVIOUS. 

He gave up a TD to Tyreek Hill!

LOL serious? If we are gauging CB talent off facing Cheetah then everybody in the fn league is bad and a step slow. Come on now!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.