If you are current Directv subscriber is todays announcement gonna move you away from the provider?

Xwnyer

I have DTV and it's too expensive. I'm not tech savvy and wondering which streaming device is best for my needs. Looking for some advice. Basically I watch sports. Love the NBA and NFL network channels, along with watching basketball on TNT and Football anywhere. Like the golf network and NHL network too. I'm not in Buffalo so I do like my local network channels for news and Laker games. If I ditch DTV will I lose my ability to watch these channels? 

Edited by newcam2012

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I have DTV and it's too expensive. I'm not tech savvy and wondering which streaming device is best for my needs. Looming for some advice. Basically I watch sports. Love the NBA and NFL network channels, along with watching basketball on TNT and Football anywhere. Like the golf network and NHL network too. I'm not in Buffalo so I do like my local network channels for news and Laker games. If I ditch DTV will I lose my ability to watch these channels? 

You need to compare youtube tv, hulu live, Fubo and Sling. Good thing is you can can cancel either at any time. I'm leaning towards youtube tv right now

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

You need to compare youtube tv, hulu live, Fubo and Sling. Good thing is you can can cancel either at any time. I'm leaning towards youtube tv right now

I am hoping YTTV provides an option for ST a without requiring YTTV service.  I have spectrum, yes it’s as sucky as some of the streams, but it’s free.  I think this year I have only had to use NFLST to watch the bills game 4 times since most games were on TNF,MNF,SNF or the game broadcast here. 

I switched to youtube tv just before the announcement.  Had to keep direct stream for a while because they won't refund money paid ahead.  So I got to compare.  Youtube tv is superior...by a lot.  And cheaper.  Plus, it seems my regular youtube service is much improved.  The algorithm for music seems to have been put on hyperdrive and they're offering great video options.  DTV has been bleeding customers for a while now.  This could sink them and it's their own fault.  Shorting DTV/ATT seems a good bet right about now.  One cool feature of Youtube tv is that they encourage you to share your subscription with up to 5 family members.  They have a page to make it happen.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I find this site fair, informative and unbiased:  https://www.tomsguide.com/us/cord-cutting-guide,news-17928.html.  btw, I use an 4kAmazon fire stick despite having a smart tv.  It's nice to tell Alexa to "put on the Bills game" and it be done.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

I am hoping YTTV provides an option for ST a without requiring YTTV service.  I have spectrum, yes it’s as sucky as some of the streams, but it’s free.  I think this year I have only had to use NFLST to watch the bills game 4 times since most games were on TNF,MNF,SNF or the game broadcast here. 

I think they said you can go to youtube account and order it separately. Youtube prime channels

Probably not. It's already on the house. Xfinity won't be much better for me $ wise (even though I already have it for internet). This object at rest will likely stay at rest.

My reception is 100% and the techs who get sent to me are actually very good (no idea who the "locals" are that they use). If I had flaky service, I'd ditch it. But I haven't lost signal for more than 2 seconds in 11 years.

2 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Probably not. It's already on the house. Xfinity won't be much better for me $ wise (even though I already have it for internet). This object at rest will likely stay at rest.

My reception is 100% and the techs who get sent to me are actually very good (no idea who the "locals" are that they use). If I had flaky service, I'd ditch it. But I haven't lost signal for more than 2 seconds in 11 years.

Agree during weather worse case scenario was switching to low res channel for a few minutes.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.