Justin Fields makes me nervous.

ChicagoRic

I think Fields is going to be a keeper. He's got a long way to go, much the same as Josh did, but he seems like he has good tools to work with. I think his ceiling is lower than Josh's, but with some real weapons around him I think he'll be fine.

• Agree 1

On 12/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, Nelius said:

Not to be discounted, this is once again a pretty solid example of Frazier taking away their clearly best offensive force. Fields has 1k rushing yards on the season -  he had 11 today.

Frazier similarly took away Chubb and Tyreek Hill recently. Clear offensive top talent nullified. I raised this after the Miami game and the contrarians shouted about earlier season miscues which they were correct about, but this is emerging as a late season trend - Buffalo is succeeding at completely removing the opponent's primary offensive force from the equation, forcing them to rely on secondary options. I like it.

Even earlier in the season they held Henry to 13 carries 25 yards 1 td. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rubes said:

I think Fields is going to be a keeper. He's got a long way to go, much the same as Josh did, but he seems like he has good tools to work with. I think his ceiling is lower than Josh's, but with some real weapons around him I think he'll be fine.

He rarely throws.  Runs around a lot.  He's too easy to scheme against.  He doesn't resemble Josh at year 2. 

If he becomes a better passer, his ceiling is Lamar Jackson. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He rarely throws.  Runs around a lot.  He's too easy to scheme against.  He doesn't resemble Josh at year 2. 

If he becomes a better passer, his ceiling is Lamar Jackson. 

He doesn't have that gunslinger mentality, at least not now. But I do think he's shown some (brief) flashes as a passer. I think he can be similar to Lamar, if the team surrounds him with players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

He doesn't have that gunslinger mentality, at least not now. But I do think he's shown some (brief) flashes as a passer. I think he can be similar to Lamar, if the team surrounds him with players.

hes gonna need a lot of players…

his coaching staff prefers he throw as little as possible.  That was never true with Allen—even when the options were Beasley and John Brown

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

hes gonna need a lot of players…

his coaching staff prefers he throw as little as possible.  That was never true with Allen—even when the options were Beasley and John Brown

True, but Beasley and Brown are still a lot better than what he has this year.

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

True, but Beasley and Brown are still a lot better than what he has this year.

better than what Fields has?

Darnell Mooney had over 1000 yards last season (in 3 games with Dalton, he had 121, 123, 126 yards).  this year: 493 in 11 games.

Cole Cmet is having as good a year as Knox.

Claypool got almost 900 yards last year with the corpse of Big Ben.  Even with the woeful combo of Trubisky and Pickett, he wasn't too bad....then he came to Chicago and Fields can't find him.

The problem is Fields.  He can't read progressions--that was his predraft scouting.  So ,he just takes off.  That's not hard to defend if you have a decent Defense. 

Fields has worse field vision than Tyrod Taylor and I didn’t even think that was even possible. He is Lamar Jackson athletically but a worse passer and I didn’t think that was also possible. The Bears will get stuck into 3 years of hell because they cannot evaluate QB just like we were with Taylor. I said I would eat my shoe if we made it to a Super Bowl or if Taylor took another team to a SB. I feel save that I’m not eating a shoe.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

better than what Fields has?

Darnell Mooney had over 1000 yards last season (in 3 games with Dalton, he had 121, 123, 126 yards).  this year: 493 in 11 games.

Cole Cmet is having as good a year as Knox.

Claypool got almost 900 yards last year with the corpse of Big Ben.  Even with the woeful combo of Trubisky and Pickett, he wasn't too bad....then he came to Chicago and Fields can't find him.

The problem is Fields.  He can't read progressions--that was his predraft scouting.  So ,he just takes off.  That's not hard to defend if you have a decent Defense. 

He has shown some progress, but if I’m Chicago I’m seriously considering taking a QB at 2

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.