NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

20 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Few things/thoughts:

1. Refs - absolutely terrible. They missed PI multiple times in the first half (should have gone against the Bills) and missed obvious clipping against the Dolphins. Both teams got away with holds (whatever let them play). They missed a fairly obvious Off PI on the Dolphins WR on Tre White. Also Josh Allen should have had Intentional Grounding called. That said: the PI on MacKenzie was the correct call

I kind of wondered if the Josh Allen no intentional grounding were a bit of a "make up call" for the missed push off on Tre White.

Ref kibbutzing with McDaniel on the sideline for a long time coming back from halftime and when asked what the convo was about, saying smugly to the reporter "just maintaining a cordial professiona relationship" yeah, Right.

Edited by Beck Water

My after game thoughts: Tua is total class. I hope he has a long career but no success against the Bills. The Bills Miami rivalry is full on as hot as it has ever been. They are a real good team. We will be lucky to split wins with them in the coming years. 

• Like (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Agree with most honestly -regardi g the intentional grounding - I feel like I heard the announcer say the ball was tipped although I didn't see it get yipped and thought they moved on too quickly 

The ref thought the ball hit Chubb's helmet, but it missed by like a millimeter. Definitely should have been intentional grounding, but I understand why they missed the call in realtime.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think that's correct, because it was challenged by McDermott and the refs spent a LOOOOONG time reviewing it.  Why would that happen if it was gonna come back due to a penalty on the offense?

I think he's talking about the ball that Josh threw a little too high and it bounced off McKenzie's hands.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

It's not, really. It's just that the Bills won't do what is required to defend. They roll out their same defense that they do for anyone else and expect it to be enough.

True.

We were getting gashed by runs all game long and Hamlin was just brutal out there at S.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Few things/thoughts:

1. Refs - absolutely terrible. They missed PI multiple times in the first half (should have gone against the Bills) and missed obvious clipping against the Dolphins. Both teams got away with holds (whatever let them play). They missed a fairly obvious Off PI on the Dolphins WR on Tre White. Also Josh Allen should have had Intentional Grounding called. That said: the PI on MacKenzie was the correct call

2. Bills need OLine help ASAP. It may be the single most important postional need. 1st half: Allen looks unstoppable and has all day to throw; 2nd half: Morse goes out and the Dolphins are in the backfield immediately

3.The NFL has to love the Bills and Vikings. Their games are highly entertaining. 

4. The bye week for the 1 seed is going to be extremely important. Will the Bills be able to stop the Bengals in a few weeks?

5. Once the snow hit the Dolphins looked lost. Allen (Bills) look impressive in cold weather games.

6. I hope the Chiefs and Bengals finish 2 and 3

If bates was ready to go it would not have been nearly as bad when morse went down. Boettger will be coming back too so we hopefully won’t get stuck in a van roten/Bobby hart clusterf**** again lol 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Can’t wait for the Bills to go into the playoffs with this struggle bus defense they are running.  

Should be a total disaster.

Can't wait? lol dude. did you let the Pats troll veil down? C'mon, you can't wait for them to have a total disaster in the playoffs? Can we get a little more context on what exactly you think this team should do and why you think this season is a lost cause?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Those fancy gloves aren’t helping any of our receivers. It’s not just McKenzie. Can we bring stickum back?

Yep Knox dropped 2 that would have combined for 35 yards. McKenzie got ripped off on that 30 yarder that was truly a Catch and Beasley, oh that’s right Beasley barely played because he was tired from his 7 snaps.

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

The ref thought the ball hit Chubb's helmet, but it missed by like a millimeter. Definitely should have been intentional grounding, but I understand why they missed the call in realtime.

Gotcha - thank you - I mean it worked out for us and I'll take it - I think the bad calls kinda evened out- but I'm sure Dolphins and apparently Chief fans wouldn't agree

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Because the defender is playing the ball. DPI as clear as day and right in front of a ref.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.9180ac9eedad1bc75402724e84ad7be1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I always thought that was a penalty due to face guarding text book defensive PI never looked back and significant contact.  total sour grapes on That specific call

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If bates was ready to go it would not have been nearly as bad when morse went down. Boettger will be coming back too so we hopefully won’t get stuck in a van roten/Bobby hart clusterf**** again lol 

We've been banging the drum for Beane to address that C/G role in the draft.

We have passed on some good ones... hoping Mitch is OK, but losing count of his concussions.

Some strong candidates in this years draft too... we will probably draft a smallish 3 tech DT or DE.... time to invest in that OL. Hoping we get Boettger and Bates back soon they are pretty solid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

As a nearly 20 year out of region online listener - WGR sounds like its in quite a sad place right now. I remember hearing far more excitement and better content years ago during the drought. These dudes are just slogging through things and trying to get off air ASAP it seems. And that's after the 1 hour CBS block most weekends.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.