19 hours ago, muppy said:

a top 3 list  is so limiting. If  allowable I would add 

Scrooged

The Grinch who stole Christmas original version 1966

The Nightmare before Christmas.

A Christmas Carol Patrick Stewart version was brilliant too

Rule breaker!

• Agree 1

There are three Christmas movies that I watch every year, without fail. Others rotate in and out (Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2, Die Hard, Gremlins, etc). 

But the every year must-watches?

The first is Christmas Vacation. Just about every scene and every beat of it crack me up. Endlessly quotable.

Christmas Vacation GIF by filmeditor

The second is the Rankin-Bass special Santa Claus is Comin To Town. I saw it for the first time as a stoned teenager, and Burgermeister Meisterburger cracked me up. What a character.

no-more-toys-burgermeister-meisterburger

The third is the original Grinch cartoon. I mean..."Your soul is an appalling dump heap" ?! Gold, Jerry. Gold!!

The Grinch Film GIF by The Good Films

Movies:

Christmas Vacation

Home Alone (Original)

A Christmas Story

Wifey and I watched the Holiday last night - she has mild fixation on Jude Law and claims it is OK because I get to watch Cameron Diaz while she gets all smitten. :lol:  It is a good Holiday movie.

Shows:

A year without a Santa Clause

Scrooge (prefer the original)

I was never familiar with it before but after so many mentions here I gave the movie Love Actually a shot...and it was a struggle for me!  I had to watch it in installments over the last 3 days because I had so much trouble getting into it!  Kept waiting for it to get better but man that one did nothing for me.  What am I missing!?

7 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was never familiar with it before but after so many mentions here I gave the movie Love Actually a shot...and it was a struggle for me!  I had to watch it in installments over the last 3 days because I had so much trouble getting into it!  Kept waiting for it to get better but man that one did nothing for me.  What am I missing!?

Nothing, it sucks. Props to you for sticking with it. Taking movie recommendations from TBD is an adventure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.