OL Pass blocking was terrible times vs. NE & Drops - But a comfortable win

Billsfan1972

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The LT was bad.  Our back up LT on one leg was a turnstile.  Outside of that, the OL was decent. 

The offense as a unit played very well.  
We can’t use redzone stats, rushing stats, time of possession or 3rd down conversions stats….only stat that matters to you in this case is total yards and sacks.  

“Intelligent people I respect as I do smart debate.”  That certainly sounds like an intelligent statement.

My bad.....  Missed the word enjoy....  You got me.  

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I never made any comment like that lol.

Actually you referenced the ColoradoBills comment....  I was pointing out two great JA plays that I say only he & Mahomes make that were the difference. 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

This team starts and ends with Josh Allen.  There isn't another player in the NFL who is asked to do as much as he is, and he keeps finding ways to do it.  It's exciting to watch but is definitely not a recipe for long term success.  

He is the true MVP of a NFL Football Team. Go Bills !

So looking at the reactions to the OP tells me exactly what I need to know about this site.  

4 Thumbs Down - Does that mean that the OL played well and that I was wrong about the drops?

2 Laughs - Huh?  What was so funny about the thread.....  I guess I'm not in on the joke

3 Eye Rolls - I get it, how dare I post anything that could be construed as negative.

1 Agree - Only one agreed that the OL was bad and there were too many drops

Always interesting to see these.

I juxtapose with last week pro Bills Thread praising the coaching and 88 people agreeing with it. 

Very obvious, Pro Bills Threads (especially praise of McD) will be applauded, anything the least bit negative (and remember I did not talk about the win, just two observations) are pilloried. 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Vomit 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:01 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The pass blocking wasn’t a surprise. That’s one of the best pressure defenses in the NFL. Quessenberry and Brown are terrible. Quessenberry was playing on a bad ankle that got worse.

Buffalo might have to start looking at the waiver wire. Bobby Hart is what we thought he was. They’re in trouble at that position. 

If I’m Beane I’m trying to get Eric Fisher in here.

Bobby Hart seems to be only good for one thing - extra blocker - which Bills need sometimes but I prefer Tommy Doyle and hope his recovery goes well.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

6 pages already. You all fell for it. @Billsfan1972 is a quality troll. He's not obnoxious, but calmly negative with a consistent approach. Good trolling is an art form.

I know I am old and I may not fully understand "trolling ", but I don't see the trolling in the OP?🤔. I don't see anything in the post that wasn't said in the GDT.

I must be still tired and worn out by staying up well past my bedtime Thursday,  but I actually agree with the OP. Maybe not Diggs specifically but overall.

Pass blocking was poor, too many drops and and can't do that as the playoffs approach or in the playoffs. I agree with all of this.

Am I misinterpreting the OP?🤔

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So looking at the reactions to the OP tells me exactly what I need to know about this site.  

4 Thumbs Down - Does that mean that the OL played well and that I was wrong about the drops?

2 Laughs - Huh?  What was so funny about the thread.....  I guess I'm not in on the joke

3 Eye Rolls - I get it, how dare I post anything that could be construed as negative.

1 Agree - Only one agreed that the OL was bad and there were too many drops

Always interesting to see these.

I juxtapose with last week pro Bills Thread praising the coaching and 88 people agreeing with it. 

Very obvious, Pro Bills Threads (especially praise of McD) will be applauded, anything the least bit negative (and remember I did not talk about the win, just two observations) are pilloried. 

Nope.  You skew and slant things and have terrible arguments.  You have been told this over and over for a very long time.  

Gunner has been negative on a few things about the Bills offense and he’s pretty much respected on here.  He can have an intelligent conversation and you can’t.  You stick your fingers in your ears and yell blah blah blah any time there is a differing opinion.  If the reply is something that puts a wrench in your argument, you change parameters.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Nope.  You skew and slant things and have terrible arguments.  You have been told this over and over for a very long time.  

Gunner has been negative on a few things about the Bills offense and he’s pretty much respected on here.  He can have an intelligent conversation and you can’t.  You stick your fingers in your ears and yell blah blah blah any time there is a differing opinion.  If the reply is something that puts a wrench in your argument, you change parameters.

He is an attention seeker.  Ignore him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I know I am old and I may not fully understand "trolling ", but I don't see the trolling in the OP?🤔. I don't see anything in the post that wasn't said in the GDT.

I must be still tired and worn out by staying up well past my bedtime Thursday,  but I actually agree with the OP. Maybe not Diggs specifically but overall.

Pass blocking was poor, too many drops and and can't do that as the playoffs approach or in the playoffs. I agree with all of this.

Am I misinterpreting the OP?🤔

I love Diggs, but doesn't mean I can't be upset when he drops a pass (especially at a crucial time).  Vs. Minny, the ultimate blame goes to Allen for the OT pick.  No idea what he was thinking.  However the drop late in the game was crucial (and uncharacteristic).

Thanks for the support.  Trust me, when I started the thread I thought it was pretty mundane.

As you can see some people turned it into a number of other things, that yes I've bitten on and then debated, but the thread was about the OL and Drops.  

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He is an attention seeker.  Ignore him.

Yes I was looking for attention saying the OL was bad and too many drops on a fan site discussing the Bills and the game.  Talk about thin skinned.😡

Edited by Billsfan1972

On 12/2/2022 at 4:43 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Way too many threads so two quick observations.

I seldom pay close attention, but yesterday the pass blocking seemed terrible at times with the strip fumble being one of many whiffs yesterday (and a holding penalty that cost the Bills 7).  Got to clean that up.

And the Bills must have dropped 5 passes minimum last night (Knox, Singletary, Gabe & even Diggs).

See both Davis & Diggs @ 6 drops (though Davis has a 10% drop rate).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/receiving_advanced.htm

Love Diggs, but there have been times I've seen him mistime some leaps and drop catchable balls.  Yesterday a 20 yarder on 3rd down and one that was not talked about enough with 4 minutes to go vs. Minnesota on 3rd down the exact same type of pass that forced a punt and all contributed to the end of that game.

Can't do that when games are on the line and as the playoffs approach.  

Your definitely a glass half empty kind of guy . Seeing as their #1 O linemen was out & the guy that took his place was running on 1 flat tire i'd say they did pretty good .

Oh then when you add to it that they stuffed the NFL's sack leader to 0 sacks i'd say that's also a plus for the night .

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I love Diggs, but doesn't mean I can't be upset when he drops a pass (especially at a crucial time).  Vs. Minny, the ultimate blame goes to Allen for the OT pick.  No idea what he was thinking.  However the drop late in the game was crucial (and uncharacteristic).

Thanks for the support.  Trust me, when I started the thread I thought it was pretty mundane.

As you can see some people turned it into a number of other things, that yes I've bitten on and then debated, but the thread was about the OL and Drops.  

Yes I was looking for attention saying the OL was bad and too many drops on a fan site discussing the Bills and the game.  Talk about thin skinned.😡

You are on record saying you’d rather see the Bills pass for 300 yards and lose vs. pass for less than 300 and win.  Rather than contribute to existing threads you insist every week on posting your own.  You are the definition of a troll.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, T master said:

Your definitely a glass half empty kind of guy . Seeing as their #1 O linemen was out & the guy that took his place was running on 1 flat tire i'd say they did pretty good .

Oh then when you add to it that they stuffed the NFL's sack leader to 0 sacks i'd say that's also a plus for the night .

We only had 355 yards on offense so that’s his evidence we didn’t play well.

13 minutes ago, T master said:

He is a dribble glass half empty kind of guy.  And the p1ss in it will stain when it drips out.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We only had 355 yards on offense so that’s his evidence we didn’t play well.

ONLY ?? 355 yds & 24 points plus a decent ground game & a D that held them to 10 points any way you look at it that's a win & given what they had against them i'll take it all day long but you can call it what you will .

Yes there needs to be improvement on the entire team .

27 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You are on record saying you’d rather see the Bills pass for 300 yards and lose vs. pass for less than 300 and win.  Rather than contribute to existing threads you insist every week on posting your own.  You are the definition of a troll.

I like how he starts with “way too many threads so…..” I’ll start another. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Long time ago and when the Bills were a real tough watch.  No team in the modern NFL (last 20 years) accomplished that feat of 50 odd games.  McD had no interest in offence those first three years.  As said he's grown on me however that ineptitude with regards to throwing the football has not been matched by anyone.

Let's not forget he put his faith in Nathan Peterman. And then double down as the starter the following year.😜

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I like how he starts with “way too many threads so…..” I’ll start another. 

I was looking for a thread that addressed my observations, there were none, or comments embedded in other threads.

Sorry you have an issue.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

He is a dribble glass half empty kind of guy.  And the p1ss in it will stain when it drips out.

Yes I am a glass-half-empty person especially when it comes to the Superbowl this year. Minimum the Bills have to be in it.  

If they aren't I can only imagine the glass-half-full contingent thanking McD for overcoming such obstacles this year and all the other praise that we will see.

How about reading the Title of the thread.

OL Pass blocking was terrible times vs. NE & Drops - But a comfortable win

I called it a Comfortable Win.  

I guess that's not enough.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Vomit 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, Dopey said:

Did he notice NE had a pick six, but dropped it? Or that the team rallied around a struggling Josh the past few weeks?

Josh didn’t win this game. This was a TOTAL team win. 

It’s probably somewhere in between those two takes imo…that game would’ve been uncomfortably close without the 10 points resulting directly from josh Allen magic.  But on the flip side, the defense played well and the running game was solid.

it’s kind of funny seeing us criticize Allen for targeting diggs a majority of the time and not taking underneath throws etc when singletary and others are dropping passes constantly.  There’s been a few games where the team has let josh down and there were a few others where if josh made less self inflicted errors we would’ve won 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Agree on Diggs. I even said WTF Diggs in both cases. But then I laughed and said Diggs, you dumb *****, you're better than that (as friends would jokingly say to eachother).

I think if some actually focused on the thread title and reflected on the game play itself, you'd probably have more support and better dialog. Unfortunately, many have a hard time staying on topic and look for controversy (clicks😉) than discussion.

As I said in my post, I don't see anything in your OP that MANY didn't say in the GDT. Guess it's just a matter of where something is said I guess. Now, go slap yourself and say 10 Hail Marys for starting a thread. 🙏 🤣.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Do I dive a damn who likes me on some anonymous Bills fan board?  Intelligent people I respect as I do smart debate.  These are neither.  The thread was about the OL play and that I saw a # of drops.  You and others brought up yards and the offense and yes I bit and responded.

My expectations for the Bills are much higher then some.

I hope that statement doesn't mean you think you're a better fan than me.

I would imagine the hope of all Bills fans (including my own) is that the Bills win the Superbowl this year.

Ultimately for some of us, being a fan brings enjoyment of the game and an appreciation for the men who represent our team.

You have the right to be any type of fan you want to be, and the right to constantly start threads expressing your disappointment.

I regret my comment attempting to show that the measuring stick you use can be applied to both the Bills AND their opponents.

In the future I won't attempt that again.

I'll leave you to return to your intelligent debate while I enjoy the next 8 days after this past win, and then hope for another!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

He's an idiot. Plain and simple. The best part is since we have had group meetups at the games recently, we have very good insight into who "it" really is. So, now that we know who "it" is... we can meet face to face. We worked closely with Arista networks to gain intel etc. and someone on this board claims to know "it". Turns out they were correct. Gonna be funny to "debate" in person!

GO BILLS BABY!!! Kill the Jets!

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:08 AM, PatsFanNH said:

The play got me was the opening drive 3rd down and he is scrambling and he shovel passes it to Singletary? For the first down just before going over the line of scrimmage and he got plastered as he passed it..  I was like Damn the D can’t buy a break! Allen did amazing last night.. (still can’t believe the jump and throw for a TD..)

That was Nyheim Hines.  21 yd play.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2022 at 3:43 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Way too many threads so two quick observations.

I seldom pay close attention, but yesterday the pass blocking seemed terrible at times with the strip fumble being one of many whiffs yesterday (and a holding penalty that cost the Bills 7).  Got to clean that up.

And the Bills must have dropped 5 passes minimum last night (Knox, Singletary, Gabe & even Diggs).

See both Davis & Diggs @ 6 drops (though Davis has a 10% drop rate).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/receiving_advanced.htm

Love Diggs, but there have been times I've seen him mistime some leaps and drop catchable balls.  Yesterday a 20 yarder on 3rd down and one that was not talked about enough with 4 minutes to go vs. Minnesota on 3rd down the exact same type of pass that forced a punt and all contributed to the end of that game.

Can't do that when games are on the line and as the playoffs approach.  

Notice you haven't been on this site for a good number of hours.  Were you not happy with today's results?

Was wondering what your insightful opinion was of the Chiefs and Dolphins OL and their respective dropped passes?

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Notice you haven't been on this site for a good number of hours.  Were you not happy with today's results?

Was wondering what your insightful opinion was of the Chiefs and Dolphins OL and their respective dropped passes?

Wonder what their fans are saying?  Sure they're concerned.

Yes some bad drops.

The OL what I saw Thursday was outright miffs and people falling down as opposed to great defensive plays.

So official (or at least according to this site) 5 drops week 13.....

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php?team=BUF&range=week&week=13

So Allen has 27 drops (or 2/wk) & as a comp.

Burrow 21

Manhomes 25

Jackson 26

Hurts 19

Brady 24

Rodgers 28

Carr 18

Herbert 27

Dallas 15

Tua 20

As said I just pointed out that Week 13 was a bad week for drops.

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Rather I start a new thread????😉😝

Just confirming the 5 drops (vs. your 4) and thought the QB comps were interesting.  

Got you to look however😝

i mentioned 4 drops to show how pointless this thread is.  4, 5, 3 drops.  no one cares anymore.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.