Only 4 active WR

balln

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No one player stops a running game, but I seriously think that you’re having some sort of amnesia about Klein and what he brings to the team

Hines is not going to be the bills slot receiver hopefully that will be shakur but he can play that role and he has played that role for the Colts

Let’s keep in mind here that we are talking about one player making all this problem McKenzie who frankly hasn’t been that good this year can totally be replaced

One of the problems that the bills have as they have several players that can play one spot McKenzie is actually holding them back

You know, you’re a village idiot when you start answering your own posts

Come on Join stop with the Klein BS. We fans are a little too smart for what you are selling. We remember him. He filled in when Milano was hurt. He did have a couple of very nice games as well as some not so good ones. He was and is a back up for a reason. He was released from the Bills for a reason. Bills even drafted a LB. He was waived by the lowly Bears. A little dose of reality might go a long way. Yet, there are "village idiots" here. Have you looked in the mirror lately? You like to sling  the name calling but when called out you go off on tangets via McKenzie, Shakir, and "one man doesn't stop a running game." Thanks for that clarification. So helpful. 

Maybe try to be a little less demeaning to others posts. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Have to disagree with you on the coaching comparassion. Reid is hands down a better coach than McD. Probably a hall of fame inductee. Very rarely will you see Reid get out coached. McD can be out coached on every given Sunday. Reid and Mahomes have the Super Bowl rings. McD and Allen can't even sniff an AFC Championship game.  Sorry to say that combo Reid and Mahomes are clearly ahead of McD and Allen. The Bills have lost 2 playoff games in Arrowhead. The Bills regular season wins don't come close to making the score even. 

Sorry but you are wrong here. Reid was widely known pre superbowl as a coach that was terrible at managing games.  He will be in the HoF most likely as he is a great coach but he went through all the crap said about him that McD is going through for like 2 decades before winning one.  Also you say that McD and Allen cant snif an AFC champ game... they were there 2 seasons ago and 13 seconds from being there again for the second season in a row.  Thats having panties in face sniffing bro lol. Losing in the past does not dictate the future.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on Join stop with the Klein BS. We fans are a little too smart for what you are selling. We remember him. He filled in when Milano was hurt. He did have a couple of very nice games as well as some not so good ones. He was and is a back up for a reason. He was released from the Bills for a reason. Bills even drafted a LB. He was waived by the lowly Bears. A little dose of reality might go a long way. Yet, there are "village idiots" here. Have you looked in the mirror lately? You like to sling  the name calling but when called out you go off on tangets via McKenzie, Shakir, and "one man doesn't stop a running game." Thanks for that clarification. So helpful. 

Maybe try to be a little less demeaning to others posts. 

Jesus, you are such a snowflake

if you can’t remember kliens good play after they got him situated last year, then I just feel sorry for you

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry but you are wrong here. Reid was widely known pre superbowl as a coach that was terrible at managing games.  He will be in the HoF most likely as he is a great coach but he went through all the crap said about him that McD is going through for like 2 decades before winning one.  Also you say that McD and Allen cant snif an AFC champ game... they were there 2 seasons ago and 13 seconds from being there again for the second season in a row.  Thats having panties in face sniffing bro lol. Losing in the past does not dictate the future.

Bottom line is Reid has gotten it done while coach McD can't close the door. Further success isn't predicated on past failures. Some people just can't get it done. Until you can you will always play second fiddle. The criticisms are absolutely warranted. 

Reid will be going to the hall of fame meanwhile McD is know as a very good coach who choked the game away in 13 seconds. I might add that Daboll was most likely the key to much of McD success. In a way, he was riding his coat tails. Look at the Giants success and look how Allen is struggling. 

Scott if you took an unbiased poll I'd be confident in say that 90% of NFL fans and experts would choose Reid/Mahomes over McD/ Allen. Frankly, it's a no brainer. 

There you go with the name calling again. I answered your question and I did acknowledge that he had some good games. 

Edited by newcam2012

Bottom line is Reid has gotten it done while coach McD can't close the door. Further success isn't predicated on past failures. Some people just can't get it done. Until you can you will always play second fiddle. The criticisms are absolutely warranted. 

Reid will be going to the hall of fame meanwhile McD is know as a very good coach who choked the game away in 13 seconds. I might add that Daboll was most likely the key to much of McD success. In a way, he was riding his coat tails. Look at the Giants success and look how Allen is struggling. 

Scott if you took an unbiased poll I'd be confident in say that 90% of NFL fans and experts would choose Reid/Mahomes over McD/ Allen. Frankly, it's a no brainer. 

There you go with the name calling again. I answered your question and I did acknowledge that he had some good games. 

Reid also has had about 15+ more years of McDermott like coaching than McDermott has before he got to that point.  

• Agree 1

On 11/18/2022 at 8:29 AM, gtw3 said:

Crowder was lauded at the time as a faster and more talented slot receiver than Beasley and was viewed mostly as an upgrade at the time.  They also drafted Shakir last year in the draft.  To say that they didn't do anything to attempt to upgrade at WR is false and there is some serious revisionist history going on with Crowder.

Crowder was more of the same though.

Beasley was older when we got him, Emmanuel Sanders was on his last legs, and Crowder was trending down.

I said it when they signed him, he’s old, and you don’t want him playing over younger players. 

This team has signed skill guys like this - Tolbert, Ivory, Gore, Andre Holmes, and they just don’t last.

This is why most fans have been pointing out the lack of playing time for Shakir and the desire to sign Beckham.

We need some capable players.

It shouldn’t be a shock to anyone that Crowder didn’t last. 

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Seeing a lot of village idiots liking your posts you shouldn’t be proud of that

perhaps the game plan is to use our tight ends more in this next game, which would be a good idea not to mention the fact that Hines goes as a slot receiver, and we haven’t been using him enough

picking up, klein was extremely smart, because Edmonds out and klien is a run stopper linebacker that is played well for us in the past and we are about to face chubb

I’m not here for likes. Perhaps ? They use TEs and rb in the slot

more ? They’ve never done it? Seems like wishful thinking 

which is the point. I’m good w picking up Klein. It’s needed. They needed to have more at WR pre / and during season 

Reid went to 4 straight NFC Championship games and came away with one super bowl loss.  He was fired in Philadelphia because he was seen as a guy who couldn't get his team over the hump.  Philly fans called him the worst game day coach in the league.  His clock management was some of the worst you've ever seen and his3rd/4th and short play calling drove everyone insane.  That was the story on Andy Reid until Patrick Mahomes happened upon him.

21 minutes ago, balln said:

I’m not here for likes. Perhaps ? They use TEs and rb in the slot

more ? They’ve never done it? Seems like wishful thinking 

which is the point. I’m good w picking up Klein. It’s needed. They needed to have more at WR pre / and during season 

They have wide receivers they’re not even using now. Why would we had more wide receivers?

shakur should be used a whole lot more than he is and we’re gonna add wide receivers?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

They have wide receivers they’re not even using now. Why would we had more wide receivers?

shakur should be used a whole lot more than he is and we’re gonna add wide receivers?

I think you should go back and re read 

you’ll find your answers. But maybe you won’t 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Reid went to 4 straight NFC Championship games and came away with one super bowl loss.  He was fired in Philadelphia because he was seen as a guy who couldn't get his team over the hump.  Philly fans called him the worst game day coach in the league.  His clock management was some of the worst you've ever seen and his3rd/4th and short play calling drove everyone insane.  That was the story on Andy Reid until Patrick Mahomes happened upon him.

I think coach McD is a great defensive coordinator who gets the best out of secondary players. He's very good at building a culture, character, and team unity. No doubt he is an above average coach. Bills shouldn't be hasty to replace him. If replaced it has to be an elite coach and a winner. Who knows if that even exist. To this point, McD hasn't gotten it done. He failed horribly in KC. That 13 second disaster is hard to excuse. Might be the best chance the Bills had to win a Super Bowl. Time will tell. Until then, coach McD has a lot to prove come playoff time. For now, he is the coach holding Andy Reid's jock strap...Pretty clear the AFC goes through KC. PTSD is a real thing even in football. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Tupac “Shakur”?  Or Khalil “Shakir”. Please clear the air…

• Eyeroll 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:18 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Precisely why more should have been invested in WR in the offseason.

Duh.

Who needs depth at skill positions when you can have a billion DT

The overall amount of wr depth hasn’t changed too much the last few seasons, we’ve just not been this banged up at wr in many seasons. If you didn’t complain about the amount depth in last seasons, or earlier this season, it seems strange to complain after we’ve taken hits to our wr depth. If this was such an issue, it would have been brought up long ago. 

When a position group is banged up anyone can look back and say shoulda woulda type comments. Are you one of the posters who has pushed for 7 active wrs? If not, you really don’t have a lot of contribute, your just using hindsight, and anyone can do that. I’m sure Beane wishes he did more using hindsight as well. But we don’t know, it’s all guessing. 

What we do know, is anyone complaining about the wr depth who didn’t campaign for 7 wr on the active roster, doesn’t really have a leg to stand on now, at this point in time. 

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think coach McD is a great defensive coordinator who gets the best out of secondary players. He's very good at building a culture, character, and team unity. No doubt he is an above average coach. Bills shouldn't be hasty to replace him. If replaced it has to be an elite coach and a winner. Who knows if that even exist. To this point, McD hasn't gotten it done. He failed horribly in KC. That 13 second disaster is hard to excuse. Might be the best chance the Bills had to win a Super Bowl. Time will tell. Until then, coach McD has a lot to prove come playoff time. For now, he is the coach holding Andy Reid's jock strap...Pretty clear the AFC goes through KC. PTSD is a real thing even in football. 

Ok.  So are we ignoring history and inventing a new narrative for Reid?

Reid has been a head coach for 23 years has a 3-6 record in Conference Championship games, a 1-2 super bowl record, and was commonly regarded as a guy who just couldn't get it done until Patrick Mahomes happened to him.  Now Reid is the class of the NFL and a guy who has been at the helm for 1/3 the time is the new Andy Reid?

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Think of all the years of fans saying the same type of sht about Andy Reid before he won his Super Bowl. Remember, he was let go from the Eagles. Coaches grow and develop too, and the Coach (like a player) can’t do it all themselves. It took the right combination of players for Andy to get a Super Bowl (no one thought KC was a Juggernaut when Alex Smith was their QB). Additionally, how many seasons has Andy Reid been a head coach? How many seasons before he won his first Super Bowl? McDermott has best Reid and the Chiefs twice, and we are 13 seconds away from beating them the last 3 times we played. That’s not even close to holding Andy Reid’s jock. 

3 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

The overall amount of wr depth hasn’t changed too much the last few seasons, we’ve just not been this banged up at wr in many seasons. If you didn’t complain about the amount depth in last seasons, or earlier this season, it seems strange to complain after we’ve taken hits to our wr depth. If this was such an issue, it would have been brought up long ago. 

When a position group is banged up anyone can look back and say shoulda woulda type comments. Are you one of the posters who has pushed for 7 active wrs? If not, you really don’t have a lot of contribute, your just using hindsight, and anyone can do that. I’m sure Beane wishes he did more using hindsight as well. But we don’t know, it’s all guessing. 

What we do know, is anyone complaining about the wr depth who didn’t campaign for 7 wr on the active roster, doesn’t really have a leg to stand on now, at this point in time. 

I am not complaining about the that. What's discouraging is the play of the Wrs. I honestly thought the group would be much better and more consistent. Diggs is a stud and has done everything. A true number 1 receiver. After that is goes downhill pretty fast. Gabe has been wildly inconsistent. Not what you want in a number 2 receiver. It's almost like it's bust or boom. McKenzie seems to be a quality back up WR. He doesn't appears to be reliable or starter material. Shakir shows flashes but his opportunity has been limited. That indicates the Bills staff feels like he's not ready to be a starter. Kumerrow is a very good special teamed. Crowder was a dart throw and has hurt again. History showed a long injury history. The Bills took a risk that didn't pay off. In hindsight, the WR core isn't nearly as strong as I thought. 

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Reid has been a head coach for 23 years has a 3-6 record in Conference Championship games, a 1-2 super bowl record, and was commonly regarded as a guy who just couldn't get it done until Patrick Mahomes happened to him.  Now Reid is the class of the NFL and a guy who has been at the helm for 1/3 the time is the new Andy Reid?

What's the history of Coach McD? Isn't that what really counts? 

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Most people these days want instant gratification, and if they don’t have it, they look to those that do currently and draw conclusions. Essentially, there is lack of critical thinking, replaced by knee jerk reactions/comments. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.