Only 4 active WR

balln

1 hour ago, Tanoros said:

Of course it doesn’t mean McDermott will succeed. My point, I’ve said in a few other posts is that examples such as Reid are evidence that it CAN happen. That’s it’s not out of the realm of possibilities. But when looking at McDermott personally and trying to guess whether he will grow or not, I look at things such as him greatly valuing the growth mindset. Then other things such as the strong family type of culture, leading to amazing camaraderie on the field. Besides all of that, McDermott has gotten better at clock management, challenging, and as Allen grew, he too opened up his offensive approach and his aggressiveness (4th downs, even 4th downs near the goal line). Not to mention everything on the defensive side of the ball. I mean, it would be very hard to get a coach who would be better than him, chances are great our coaching would be worse. 

Obviously he isn’t perfect, and he does have things to improve. Like the mid season slumps, and 13 seconds of course. Like how you mention Bills fans hearts being ripped out (and it’s true), it feels like alot of people are speaking from a emotional perspective, rather than a logical one. 

To replace him though, it couldn’t be just anyone. Because the chances aren’t great to have anything better, and McDermott/Beane are the kind of combo who give your team a fighting chance every season. There is always going to be injuries and weird stuff each season, so having a team that can play with anyone is what is needed. You want perfection, and that’s fine. What your saying, you’d have to have a person and mind and even then, it’s not guaranteed. 

Nice posts!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah Reid got it done 20 years later.  7th season into his KC tenure. You dont know if McD can get it done or not. 

McDermott has plenty of time to change that narrative.  Daboll went through the same offensive struggles last year as Dorsey is going through now.  I would add that Daboll also had better offensive talent last season.  While the Giants success is great so far and I am happy for him, Allen had these struggles last season too.

Thats pretty obvious that people would pick that thus far.  Reid and Mahomes have already done it. What would that poll be during Reids 13 seasons in Philly when he got the same criticism McD is getting now and fans wanting to run him out of town? McD/Allens story is still being written.

Im sorry but where in any of what I said did I call you any names?  I thought I answered pretty respectfully.  Are you seriously offended by me calling you bro?   

Scott, that post was meant for another person. (John from Riverside to be exact). I apologize for that error. You have been nothing but respectful and thoughtful with your replies. In fact, I greatly enjoy your viewpoints even when we disagree. 

With that said, your post is spot on. Only time will tell how good McD will be. Hopefully, he surpasses Reid. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

That's fair. I see a coach who is being out coached on many levels. Previous years his halftime adjustments were outstanding. Now, it's quite the opposite. I see a coach who regularly loses close games. I see a coach who lost playoff games in Houston, KC, and KC. I saw QB Allen lead the Bills to victory from defeat only to have McD give it back to the opposition in a matter of seconds. I see a coach who has a lot to prove. One who says the right things, stays the course, sells the process, and has yet to deliver. Time will tell if he is able to lead this team to the Super Bowl. I have my doubts based on his history. 

How do you credit JA by leading to victory to have McD give it back? You give credit to the players and when it goes bad blame the coach? So stupid, JA takes the lead and I would say Edmunds misses the tackle and is out of position and gives it back. If we use your analogy the 3 losses this year are all on JA then, not the coaches since JA threw the INT's to lose each one.

Edited by Flucod

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Scott, that post was meant for another person. (John from Riverside to be exact). I apologize for that error. You have been nothing but respectful and thoughtful with your replies. In fact, I greatly enjoy your viewpoints even when we disagree. 

With that said, your post is spot on. Only time will tell how good McD will be. Hopefully, he surpassed Reid. 

All good.  Not sure if this is our year or not but it could be.  They can certainly get back on track.  Allen and Dorsey need to fix their mistakes, especially in the redzone. Most of their investment is on the defensive side of the ball and unfortunately that has been decimated with injuries this season.  Hopefully those guys get healthy soon.  I just wish this team had one more playmaker on O like Diggs.

While 13 seconds I blame on coaching all the way, I still feel McD is a great coach and can get these guys a trophy.  It takes more than just coaching.  It takes the right team build and it takes the ball bouncing the right way for us when it matters most.  Thats why it took Reid so long.  Its not because he wasnt good enough.  Its because all the other things just didnt fall into place for him yet.

Im going to enjoy the season regardless. Our team is good.  Last week, even though we lost and was a heartbreaker... was a great game to watch.

Edited by Scott7975

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I just wish this team had one more playmaker on O like Diggs.

That man could be OBJ!  The race to get him is not over, but for a while now I have been thinking it will not happen.

Earlier I was more positive about it.

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That man could be OBJ!  The race to get him is not over, but for a while now I have been thinking it will not happen.

Earlier I was more positive about it.

Yeah I hope so too but Im not confident even if we can get him.  He might barely be ready at the playoffs with out "offense is so complicated cant get Hines on the field after two weeks and Cook has 2 plays a game after all of the camps and 9 weeks of season."

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

All good.  Not sure if this is our year or not but it could be.  They can certainly get back on track.  Allen and Dorsey need to fix their mistakes, especially in the redzone. Most of their investment is on the defensive side of the ball and unfortunately that has been decimated with injuries this season.  Hopefully those guys get healthy soon.  I just wish this team had one more playmaker on O like Diggs.

While 13 seconds I blame on coaching all the way, I still feel McD is a great coach and can get these guys a trophy.  It takes more than just coaching.  It takes the right team build and it takes the ball bouncing the right way for us when it matters most.  Thats why it took Reid so long.  Its not because he wasnt good enough.  Its because all the other things just didnt fall into place for him yet.

Im going to enjoy the season regardless. Our team is good.  Last week, even though we lost and was a heartbreaker... was a great game to watch.

Well said Scott. I agree with you. I know I overreact and see things more negative then I should. Many on here have appropriately steered my mindset to a more positive thought process. More often than not I fall back into my old ways. Perhaps it's a mindset built on many years of Bills torment.

Firstly, I still am not over the KC playoff loss. It is the basis for a lot of my McD criticisms. I guess that's immaturity on my part. Hopefully, I can move past that like so many here have.

Secondly, I really really thought this year was "THE YEAR!" I totally bought into the media hype. The Bills start out hotter than a pistol and everything looks so good. Yep, it's the Bills year and destiny. I proudly wear my hat. I'm not living in Buffalo. People everywhere are telling me how good the Bills are. Feels so great to hear! I envision that Lombardi Trophy being hoisted by Allen and Diggs and tears of joy roll down my face. Been waiting decades for this moment. Fast forward to now and it seems like everything is slowly drifting away. Lots of reasons why such as injuries, coaching, poor play/execution by players, and players under performing. The excitement and optimism has greatly dismissed to hope and uncertainty. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Well said Scott. I agree with you. I know I overreact and see things more negative then I should. Many on here have appropriately steered my mindset to a more positive thought process. More often than not I fall back into my old ways. Perhaps it's a mindset built on many years of Bills torment.

Firstly, I still am not over the KC playoff loss. It is the basis for a lot of my McD criticisms. I guess that's immaturity on my part. Hopefully, I can move past that like so many here have.

Secondly, I really really thought this year was "THE YEAR!" I totally bought into the media hype. The Bills start out hotter than a pistol and everything looks so good. Yep, it's the Bills year and destiny. I proudly wear my hat. I'm not living in Buffalo. People everywhere are telling me how good the Bills are. Feels so great to hear! I envision that Lombardi Trophy being hoisted by Allen and Diggs and tears of joy roll down my face. Been waiting decades for this moment. Fast forward to now and it seems like everything is slowly drifting away. Lots of reasons why such as injuries, coaching, poor play/execution by players, and players under performing. The excitement and optimism has greatly dismissed to hope and uncertainty. 

I get it.  You are disappointed.  Me too.  This could still be the year.  Its not looking as hype as before the season but its still not over yet.  What I do know is that this team is good enough that any year can be the year.  This team will compete for that every season so long as Josh Allen is here and is healthy enough to play.  He is that dawg despite his mistakes.  I believe he will get them cleaned up.  Its from pressing to make plays when no one else is having the dawg besides Diggs.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Wonder if the Wyoming connection will show on the field. Props to Gentry who has stayed in the league since 2017 as a UDFA. 

If ever there is a time for this kid to stick, it’s now. He probably has good chemistry with Josh. Step up and be that safety net like Beasley was. Assuming he sees the field 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.