Only 4 active WR

balln

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But then can’t hold 2 and 3 score second half leads against the Jets or Vikings. 6 RBs active and the only guy with more then 5 touches is Singletary 

When assessing a defensive line its not the results on the field that matter.  Its all about cultivating mass.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

The part about being happy that we threw nearly every resource into the defense and you still want more. Meanwhile…the offense is patched together at best. 

Oh, you really don't understand sarcasm.

I really couldn't have laid it on more thickly had I tried.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

I remember Dawson catching a few last game. Didn't help much in the end. Allen was pressing and redzone playcalling was bad.

Allen presses because he lacks playmakers on his side of the ball. Diggs is elite but no one else is anywhere close. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I know it sounds crazy on the surface but I’m not completely joking. Personal BS aside, how improbable would it be for Beasley to give us 6-8 decent games here. I mean the guy played this season. It’s not as if he’s been on a couch for 2 years. I know it ended poorly and I know he lost a step. But the guys role is something that he can probably play in his sleep. Josh obviously trusted him a great deal. I’m my eyes it’s not inconceivable that he could give up 20/30 snaps a game. Just in this dire situation. We desperately need the underneath threat. OBJ isn’t coming…I’m sure the immediate response will be no shot but stranger things have happened. I’m not sure if Tampa still holds his rights 

• Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know it sounds crazy on the surface but I’m not completely joking. Personal BS aside, how improbable would it be for Beasley to give us 6-8 decent games here. I mean the guy played this season. It’s not as if he’s been on a couch for 2 years. I know it ended poorly and I know he lost a step. But the guys role is something that he can probably play in his sleep. Josh obviously trusted him a great deal. I’m my eyes it’s not inconceivable that he could give up 20/30 snaps a game. Just in this dire situation. We desperately need the underneath threat. OBJ isn’t coming…I’m sure the immediate response will be no shot but stranger things have happened. I’m not sure if Tampa still holds his rights 

Beasley isn't playing for anyone... what makes you think he would have made this team back when we had less injuries in TC?

You do know he retired back in OCT...

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Allen presses because he lacks playmakers on his side of the ball. Diggs is elite but no one else is anywhere close. 

Wast a problem last year as much. The routes in the red zone are not good. No one is getting open. Dorsey needs to study last year's tapes. We schemed guys to be wide open in the RZ last year. 

Just now, Airseven said:

He presses because his OL stinks.

That’s a good point too and I agree. The entire offense needs looked at this off-season. 

I can’t stand the “rankings” argument. We had the number one defense last year and all anyone said in the off-season is it was misleading. Well…the offensive ranking this season is very misleading as well. We need upgrades before we waste Allen and Diggs. 

1 minute ago, sunshynman said:

Wast a problem last year as much. The routes in the red zone are not good. No one is getting open. Dorsey needs to study last year's tapes. We schemed guys to be wide open in the RZ last year. 

Good points. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

That’s a good point too and I agree. The entire offense needs looked at this off-season. 

I can’t stand the “rankings” argument. We had the number one defense last year and all anyone said in the off-season is it was misleading. Well…the offensive ranking this season is very misleading as well. We need upgrades before we waste Allen and Diggs. 

Yes oline is another issue. And agreed more talented route runners would help. But playcalling is the core issue currently. That a Josh never taking the dump offs.

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Don’t you get it? We spent the second most money in the nfl on defensive personnel and the 18th most on offense. We only care about one side of the ball. We got a back at the trade deadline that doesn’t even see the field. This is the way this team rolls. 

Toney was there for the taking for basically nothing. KC scooped him up and he paid dividends immediately. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, balln said:

And w McKenzie sick. Only 3. 

Yet we pick up aj klein. 

come on beane ! 

Their top 2 are fine Diggs and Davis, plus Shakir.  McKenzie is sick, not hurt or not dead, highly likely he'll be fine by Sunday.  So realistically you're talking about not having a #5 WR for practice.  The players on the PS do practice so they have enough players for practice so not an issue there it's just for Sunday is the issue.  As many have said many times, the main reason Kumerow is on the team is for ST not WR play.  They can easily bring someone up from the PS on Saturday if needed.

On the other hand the starting LB Edmunds is out so yes signing a replacement for him is a much higher importance particularly after the showing the past two weeks of the backup LB's. 

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Their top 2 are fine Diggs and Davis, plus Shakir.  McKenzie is sick, not hurt or not dead, highly likely he'll be fine by Sunday.  So realistically you're talking about not having a #5 WR for practice.  The players on the PS do practice so they have enough players for practice so not an issue there it's just for Sunday is the issue.  As many have said many times, the main reason Kumerow is on the team is for ST not WR play.  They can easily bring someone up from the PS on Saturday if needed.

On the other hand the starting LB Edmunds is out so yes signing a replacement for him is a much higher importance particularly after the showing the past two weeks of the backup LB's. 

Since you think you're so smart what would you have done, signed a WR today which means cutting or IR'ing some one else only to then cut the guy signed on Saturday once McKewnie is back.  Hope you're enjoying getting laughed at by pretty much everyone here, if not maybe you should either think a little more or stop posting.

What did this guy do to you?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Beasley isn't playing for anyone... what makes you think he would have made this team back when we had less injuries in TC?

You do know he retired back in OCT...

Yes that’s why I said TB might still technically have his rights. I don’t think he would have made it in TC. We have 4 healthy WRs right now. Obviously I’m speaking of now as things have clearly changed. I don’t see where TV has anything to do with it

31 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What did this guy do to you?

Yea. Yeesh. This came from Wgr am show thought it was a good

topic. I’m not going to spend 3 hours thinking out in detail before posting on a silly Internet forum on bills topics 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.