Super Bowl Victory - Thoughts

ngbills

Trying to get positive after a rough 24 hours. The Bills are still the super bowl favorite - so my question is:

Bills win the Super Bowl:

1) Struggle even getting into playoffs - going 12-5/11-6 

2) Complete domination going 15-2 and being the favorite all season.

The roller coaster would feel good but...there is something extra special about being considered being one of the great all time Super Bowl teams. Dont get me wrong, I take it either way obviously. Just thinking positively that we still win it all so that there can be that pissed off piece to be even better. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Trying to get positive after a rough 24 hours. The Bills are still the super bowl favorite - so my question is:

The roller coaster would feel good but...there is something extra special about being considered being one of the great all time Super Bowl teams. Dont get me wrong, I take it either way obviously. Just thinking positively that we still win it all so that there can be that pissed off piece to be even better. 

The narratives are all prepped and ready to go!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Might be tough to go 15-2 since we are currently at 6-3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

The harsh truth is that there is no way we should be Super Bowl favorites. This team has obvious deficiencies that are being exploited 3 weeks in a row. Luckily the schedule gets softer and perhaps we can get healthy, but the standing say we are the 6th seed and 3rd in the AFC East.  Time to wake this team up and make some adjustments. 

• Agree 1

I still see us as A favorite, if not THE favorite.

The teams that are now ahead of us officially do not scare me. Obviously, Philly, KC or whoever can beat the Bills - but I still would like our chances against all or any of them.  Talent-wise, I think we're the best of the lot.

Coaching-wise?  Maybe not so much, but good talent can overcome average coaching, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I still see us as A favorite, if not THE favorite.

The teams that are now ahead of us officially do not scare me. Obviously, Philly, KC or whoever can beat the Bills - but I still would like our chances against all or any of them.  Talent-wise, I think we're the best of the lot.

Coaching-wise?  Maybe not so much, but good talent can overcome average coaching, imo.

you're being generous calling this staff average.

they plateaued at mediocre.

evidence: Daboll in NY

Highly predictable over reaction Monday at TBD.

My thought s have not changed much.  I always thought a Super Bowl while yes possible was by no means a "slam dunk" as so many predicted..

Lets put things in perspective, latest power rankings I saw had the Bills at 5 which considering how they have played lately might be a tad generous.  They have Baltimore at 6 which we were lucky to beat sas I would rate them above us. 2 of the tope4 teams are two of our losses, Miami and Minnesota and Miami was a joke with the heat.  Our other loss were the Jets at #13 and we beat the #2 team in KC so all is not lost, not by a long shot.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Highly predictable over reaction Monday at TBD.

My thought s have not changed much.  I always thought a Super Bowl while yes possible was by no means a "slam dunk" as so many predicted..

Lets put things in perspective, latest power rankings I saw had the Bills at 5 which considering how they have played lately might be a tad generous.  They have Baltimore at 6 which we were lucky to beat sas I would rate them above us. 2 of the tope4 teams are two of our losses, Miami and Minnesota and Miami was a joke with the heat.  Our other loss were the Jets at #13 and we beat the #2 team in KC so all is not lost, not by a long shot.

Vegas agrees with you. 

Buffalo Bills
+380
Philadelphia Eagles
+500
Kansas City Chiefs
+500
San Francisco 49ers
+1000
Minnesota Vikings
+1300
Baltimore Ravens
+1300
Dallas Cowboys
+1500
Miami Dolphins
+1700
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
+1700

• Like (+1) 1

The worst thing people can do to jinx the Superbowl is to talk about it as if it's a foregone conclusion.  So many things can happen, so many factors can change, it's mindboggling.  It's not that I'm superstitious, unless my cat walks into the room during a game, but putting the cart before the horse always ends in tears.  Let's not call it to come to us but let's go towards it with all humility.  Superbowl talk should be for the Superbowl and for the two teams in it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

you're being generous calling this staff average.

they plateaued at mediocre.

evidence: Daboll in NY

Mediocre doesn't produce this type of a team.  Be disappointed all you like but that is a silly argument.  Feel free to dig up how happy people were that Daboll left.  So that doesn't bode well for this narrative either way.  Either fans didn't value the coaching then or they don't now, most likely both. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.