Adversity always will hit at some point. The response to it is what is important.

Big Turk

Been watching this team for 30+ years.

The Buffalo Bills always find the most inexplicable ways to lose football games.

They have been dealing with normal football adversity since Week 3 and the injury bug started hitting.  This is not adversity.

Either this franchise is truly cursed... or we have a locker room full of players who have lost their mental confidence, and know they are going to choke the game away.

2 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Their wounds are self inflicted. That's what makes this so frustrating. It's not like guys are jumping balls, Allen is telegraphing throws directly to idle defenders. It's very very odd. I'm very confident he'll overcome it but why dig a hole? They all know the goal is the #1 seed, and we're already behind the 8 ball. 

It's almost like they don't play their best unless their backs are against the wall and they are underdogs, or nobody believes in them.

They don't seem comfortable in their own skin as the best team in the NFL.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

It's almost like they don't play their best unless their backs are against the wall and they are underdogs, or nobody believes in them.

They don't seem comfortable in their own skin as the best team in the NFL.

or maybe, just maybe, they never were the best team in the NFL.

I mean, you have to admit that's a possibility at this point.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And still only scored 20 points. Which was aided by an Allen INT that gave them the ball inside our 20. Highly unlikely the Browns hold us to less than that at home.

Yeah, it was highly unlikely for us to blow a 27-10 lead yesterday too, but we did and given that we haven't scored a second half TD in three games, it's not outside the realm of possibility 20 points is enough to beat us, especially if we keep turning the ball over.

9 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

or maybe, just maybe, they never were the best team in the NFL.

I mean, you have to admit that's a possibility at this point.

Actually I think the 3 losses may have cemented the fact they ARE the best team.  Look at what had to happen for those teams who are a combined 23-7 to actually beat us.  The entire secondary had to be out.  Other injured players out. We had to hand them the game multiple times via terrible decisions and plays, turn the ball over multiple times and they STILL barely won and all 3 times trailed late into the 2nd half.  And yet it STILL came down to the last possession of the game all 3 times.  

I am not sure there is another team that can have all of those things go against them at the same time in a game against a good team and not get blown out.

Edited by Big Turk

Current playoff seeding if the season ended today.  I remember people repeatedly telling me we had nothing to worry about in the AFCE.  

Tenn is the last team I want to face in the playoffs right now given our run D.  They aren't the same team we played in week 2 and we aren't the same either.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 11.36.59.png

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Actually I think the 3 losses may have cemented the fact they ARE the best team.  Look at what had to happen for those teams who are a combined 23-7 to actually beat us.  The entire secondary had to be out.  Other injured players out. We had to hand them the game multiple times via terrible decisions and plays, turn the ball over multiple times and they STILL barely won and all 3 times trailed late into the 2nd half.  And yet it STILL came down to the last possession of the game all 3 times.  

I am not sure there is another team that can have all of those things go against them at the same time in a game against a good team and not get blown out.

I mean I get what you're saying but I'm pretty tired of rationalizing and excuse making.

Right now, the Bills are the 6th best team in the conference. Injuries, coaching, execution, doesn't matter WHY. They are what the record says they are.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Current playoff seeding if the season ended today.  I remember people repeatedly telling me we had nothing to worry about in the AFCE.  

Tenn is the last team I want to face in the playoffs right now given our run D.  They aren't the same team we played in week 2 and we aren't the same either.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 11.36.59.png

Their a zone team - we'll be fine. We've struggled against gap scheme teams. Take away the big run and we held the Vikings to under well under 3 yards a carry yesterday.

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Neither could the Dolphins but they held Chubb in check yesterday minus a 33 yarder.

Based on exactly what?  

My expectation for this team was SB appearance and win.  So they have now made the road to the  playoffs a noncertainty given that other teams have ability to control their destiny.  I didn't even feel they needed home field advantage for getting to AFCCG, just it would have been a nice bonus for the local fans who attend games in cold weather.  I  am not one to be able to do so.  So if the game is at KC just means gotta beat them there. 

The biggest obstacle to even getting to  playoffs is the lack of control of own destiny.  Too many things have to line up and I don't expect them to.  That's my reasoning.  Not happy they needed this lesson, but it's how I perceive what has occurred.  Up to them how they respond.  

They need to have a player only meeting and let them air out any gripes amongst themselves and figure out what is most important to them as a team.  

So if they make and win the  SB my original expectation is met albeit in a very distressing fashion.  If they get to SB and lose it, they will have at least battled back to expectation based on talent so would have regained a measure of respect.

If they get to playoffs regardless of how far they get if it isn't getting to the SB then they DID FAIL my expectations and they FÀILED their own because they have never shied away from stating they expect nothing less.  

We have found three VERY creative ways to lose close games to good teams. We have beaten ourselves, basically. We can turn that around. It’s like the Hail Mary loss at Arizona….crazy happenings happen. I can live with that. We got some bad plays out of the way and I hope we can leave them in the past. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So being 3rd place and 0-2 in the division means we're the best team?  OK, we'll see how this plays out.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

What is this?  A high school football halftime pep talk?!

Save this stuff for the actual team or anyone who actually has an ability to do anything about this season.

No one here does.

do you have any family members that like you?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not on the "bad coaching" bandwagon, but how long do fans continue to use injuries, weather, bad luck, etc. on our losses? Frazier and McDermott refuse to deviate from their philosophies. They are poor in-game adjustment coaches. I hate the bend dont break mentality on D. Need to show some different schemes because other teams have figured us out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean I get what you're saying but I'm pretty tired of rationalizing and excuse making.

Right now, the Bills are the 6th best team in the conference. Injuries, coaching, execution, doesn't matter WHY. They are what the record says they are.

Who would you take to beat the Bills if both teams played their A Game? Even now, the answer for me is noone.

Edited by Big Turk

Agree with the general sentiment of the thread.  If we could somehow get somewhat healthy in the secondary and Josh stops playing hero ball, we can easily finish somewhere in the 12-5 to 14-3 range and host a home playoff game.  I'm more worried about the endless injuries to the defense, than I am about Josh.  Josh is frustrating as hell right now, but he's driven to win and will figure it out shortly.

34 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I'm not on the "bad coaching" bandwagon, but how long do fans continue to use injuries, weather, bad luck, etc. on our losses? Frazier and McDermott refuse to deviate from their philosophies. They are poor in-game adjustment coaches. I hate the bend dont break mentality on D. Need to show some different schemes because other teams have figured us out.

If they have figured us out on O, then we are in great shape. We are the #1 offense in the NFL at 424+ yards a game. 31 other teams wish they had been "figured out" like that.

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Philadelphia

KC

Miami (makes me ill to type that)

Cincinnati

Nah. It's noone.

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Figured out on "D". Leslie "not very creative" Frazier 

LMAO...yes, because other teams have all the answers when you have your entire starting secondary out, your MLB out and your starting DE out. With more than half the starters out on D, exactly what is he supposed to do? Basically the only thing he can do...protect them as best as he can from not giving up huge plays.

Comedy hour starting early today at TBD I see.

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

LMAO...yes, because other teams have all the answers when you have your entire starting secondary out, your MLB out and your starting DE out. With more than half the starters out on D, exactly what is he supposed to do? Basically the only thing he can do...protect them as best as he can from not giving up huge plays.

Comedy hour starting early today at TBD I see.

Always the injury excuse. I don't like Frazier's coaching philosophy even when we are fully healthy. We need to be more aggressive IMHO.

5 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

The few times Frazier does blitz, it's often off the corners where the blitz takes too long to actually do anything.

That is just poor scheming.

Even if you drive 99 yards, if you throw an INT in the endzone, what difference does it make?

These poor redzone decisions have become commonplace the last few games and will continue to plague this offense if Josh doesn't just take what the D is giving instead of trying to force bad balls.

I think he’s saying we have one of only a couple QBs who can put a team on his back and drive the length of the field… that ability is much more predictable than the turnovers the last few games.

The kid has been pressing late in these games free watching leads evaporate, he’ll bounce back in a big way, book it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.