NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

That is so painful to see.  Singletary would have been gone.   Josh got tunnel vision there.  This team is like getting the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders to come back to your hotel room after a night of drinking, tie you down to your bed naked then shut out the lights, leave and lock you in the dark.  

More like have a Cowboy cheerleader come back to your room, ask if you have any condoms, you say you do and then find a way to not finish your business even tho it's there for the taking.

If Tre has been cleared, then he has to play next week. Not saying start, but play! Or I'm done with this staff. You cannot hide this secondary anymore. They were in shambles. As much as Josh has been responsible for the 3 losses, so has the secondary play. We simply do not lose 2 of the 3, possibly all of them with our starters in there. It's time to play as if each game is a playoff game now. 

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The problem is, Allen had everything worked out. The only thing he was lacking was patience. He figured it out. After the Tampa game last year, he showed that if you ran a deep shell on him, he'd take the dumpoffs for 6-8 yards. At that point the Bills O became an unstoppable juggernaut.

This year, early in the Rams and Titans games, Allen took the checkdowns and matriculated the ball. The Bills offense was an unstoppable juggernaut.

The Pittsburgh game, I think, was the brown acid at Woodstock. It was the highest of highs that left Allen craving that rush. They played that game without any respect for the opponent... but for every stupid pick to Levi Wallace there were two deep shots that connected. They blew the Steelers off the field. That seemed to snap Allen back to his "Mr Invincible, I'm the Lizard King, I can do anything" mode.

The problem is, not everyone is Pittsburgh, and premium players like Patrick Peterson and Gardner and Jaire Alexander will make you pay for your arm arrogance a lot more often.

Absolutely great synopsis. Agree with everything. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Roundybout said:

Why on earth would you put them down one and with the ball on the 40?

The ball wouldn't necessarily have ended up there, there's a kick 

I like the defensive chances better than our short yardage offense which is pathetic 

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The ball wouldn't necessarily have ended up there, there's a kick 

I like the defensive chances better than our short yardage offense which is pathetic 

I don't. Minnesota was moving the ball at will on us. 

We had 4 receivers running routes on the final play. When the ball left Josh's hand three of them were in the end zone . 

We were on the 20 yard line. 

It was second down. 

We needed 10 yards. 

Had plenty of time. And two timeouts. 

Wtf is Dorsey doing?

Of course you could also make the case it was genius because it left singletary wide open underneath on a check down for what would likely be a first down. And then we get back to Allen playing like absolute garbage the last 2.5 games. 

What a mess.

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

His only safety valve was Morris who didn't bother looking back for the ball.  Our receivers are just not getting open.

Uhhhh singletary was WIDE OPEN for likely a first down and Allen decided to throw it the end zone instead.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

This is the annoying thing - Josh seemed to have sorted this out. From the Patriots in the wildcard game through to the Chiefs in week five we looked smooth and settled. Then the second half against the Steelers, in hindsight, should have perhaps rung alarm bells and then the regression has set in. Why?

On the flip side... take a look at Mahomes' performances between week five and week thirteen last year. Outside of thrashing the Raiders his QBR didn't go above 57.4 (and only above 50.0 twice). He was sacked 16 times and threw eight interceptions. He recovered until the meltdown in the second half against the Bengals. So there's every reason showing Josh can recover.

As I said, the saddest thing is it looked like Josh had sorted this issue out.

My big frustration is sorting through “what is the blip”. Mahomes has all of these outstanding runs that you just think “what a weird/bad stretch”

Allen has a lot of film with showings like today.  But the stretch you listed him as “sorted out” is just 7 games.

Im certainly not all the way there. But it’s a creeping thought the more of these games start to reappear. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

I don't. Minnesota was moving the ball at will on us. 

taking a safety is absolutely 100% the wrong thing to do.  up by 6 it's a discussion. Those who think we should have taken a safety simply don't understand football. Don't fumble to ball, fall forward, game over.  Josh fumbled, Morse got blown up and Diggs pushed Josh forward away from the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Winning 3 in a row is easier than winning 4 in a row.  Winning 3 in a row when 2 are at home is easier than winning them on the road.  I don't expect the team to go 17-0 in the regular season, but every loss matters.  Every loss has playoff implications.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.