GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

This is obviously not the plan. Absolutely nobody (other than you, I guess), will be surprised when this does not happen.

He's not going to hold up to the rigors of being a freshman senator in Washington. 

She's always been the brains behind the Fetterman operation.  

I give it 3-6 months, but she'll be in the seat by the end of 2023.  

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

He's not going to hold up to the rigors of being a freshman senator in Washington. 

She's always been the brains behind the Fetterman operation.  

I give it 3-6 months, but she'll be in the seat by the end of 2023.  

Absolutely zero percent chance of this happening. None. Less than zero, somehow. It's not going to happen.

Go ahead and bookmark this to throw in my face and then completely forget about it because this is not going to happen. It's just the fever dream of the terminally online.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Abigaile Spanberger. I'm glad she is ours 

image.png.cfbf46d36225329e986ef9392767ccdb.png 

Wise choice picking a blurry picture, on TV she looks like a dude. Thought she was a trans womyn , but everyone has their type I suppose. 

i like that she didn’t back pelosi as speaker, opposes Congressmen trading stocks. She even supported your boy trump on some trade deals. 

16 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Then don't get one....The simple fact is  - people like you - especially men -  Sit on their high horses....but you know what? When your 16 year old  daughter gets pregnant...well all of a sudden its ok to make an exception...You know people who have gotten abortions, people in your family have gotten abortions, people in your church have gotten abortions...you just don't know about it. 

Maybe if conservatives world work to eliminate the reasons for abortions - lack of birth control, lack of sex ed, lack of accessible day care...they would not seem so hollow....

Herschel still gotta chnace huh? 

Every time I see something like” don’t like abortion don’t get one” I think, don’t like slavery, don’t own slaves. 
Luckily there were decent human beings that advocated for rights of those who were seen as less than human. Same thing here.

What lack of birth control by the way?

Do they not teach Sex Ed?

Affordable Day care? They have that at local YMCAs. 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Is this a prison labor thing?

Essentially. It's prohibiting involuntary and/or unpaid prison labor.

The state constitution currently reads:

"Section 33. That slavery and involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, are forever prohibited in this state."

The amendment would change it to:

"Slavery and involuntary servitude are forever prohibited in this State.”

Ron Johnson defeats Mandela Barnes in WI

Barnes was a terrible choice for candidate. I was a monthly donor for Godlewski who probably would have ended up pulling it off.

Ron Johnson is the luckiest guy in the Senate. Rides the 2010 wave to an unexpected victory and is assumed to be a one-termer but then is up in 2016 for the Trump wave. Now, he gets a poor Dem candidate and somehow a guy who was never supposed to make it to the Senate has been elected to his third term.

Hats off to him, I suppose.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Precisely. But “prison labor” just doesn’t have the same sensationalized ring as “slavery”, so they certainly can’t call it that! 

It literally says slavery in the Constitution. That is the word that is used. So they are voting to change it from slavery is permitted in some circumstances to slavery is not permitted at all.

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Precisely. But “prison labor” just doesn’t have the same sensationalized ring as “slavery”, so they certainly can’t call it that! 

I mean it was in the language of the part of the state constitution they amended, kind of hard to get around that. 🤷‍♂️

The measure amended Article I, Section 33 of the Tennessee Constitution, which states that "slavery and involuntary servitude are forever prohibited in this state – except as punishment for a person who has been duly convicted of crime." The new amendment removes the language allowing for these punishments.

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

6838B5AD-78C2-4B8E-A2D9-4C4E3FF168FD-min.jpeg

This is called the Spoiler Effect and it's why nobody should vote third party until we get rid of First Past the Post elections.

Full disclosure, I have voted third party in the past. It was dumb. I won't do it again in a FPTP election.

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This is called the Spoiler Effect and it's why nobody should vote third party until we get rid of First Past the Post elections.

Full disclosure, I have voted third party in the past. It was dumb. I won't do it again in a FPTP election.

Well we will see what happens here without the spoiler I guess.

As expected.

• Shocked 1

Walker definitely brought most R’s home and has a good chance in the runoff. 

That being said, if this ends up being the deciding Senate Seat, Dems will flood the zone.  

Seems like Dems used up all their bullets to damage Herschel, so we’ll see where this goes without an idiotic third party candidate on the ballot.  

Trump announcement could factor by making this, yet another, referendum on DJT. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1