GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, BLM and Antifa are the militant wing of the Democrat Party, and are self proclaimed Marxists…Perhaps the Latino community is just well informed😉

So yeah this is a great example of what she was talking about. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I'm sure your economics degree qualifies you to discuss that.

It's not that ***** complicated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s driven by the fundamentals. All things being equal, the out-party gains about 30 house seats and 4 senate seats in the midterms. Throw in Biden’s approval and inflation, and this should be a GOP bloodbath. 

I honestly don't know this, is that really the average?

I wonder if that's different from like 1980 compared to the last 15-20 years.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/analyses/the-2022-midterm-elections-what-the-historical-data-suggest

In the 22 midterm elections from 1934 -2018, the President's party has averaged a loss of 28 House seats and four Senate seats. The president’s party gained seats in the House only three times, but gained seats in the Senate on six occasions. The president’s party has gained seats in both houses only twice

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/analyses/the-2022-midterm-elections-what-the-historical-data-suggest

In the 22 midterm elections from 1934 -2018, the President's party has averaged a loss of 28 House seats and four Senate seats. The president’s party gained seats in the House only three times, but gained seats in the Senate on six occasions. The president’s party has gained seats in both houses only twice

Nice thanks.

I would be interested in seeing more recent trends, it feels like it has been more substantial differences as of late, but that could be from sensationalization.

Just now, Tiberius said:

❤️🇺🇸

Ok??

I find it very funny how many "reporters" and "analysts" clearly root for their teams on Twitter on election days and then try to act impartial the other 364 days of the year.

That's not unique to Democrats or Republicans either.

It's like watching John Wawrow cheer for the Bills lol

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Depends on the date range. 

https://www.cfr.org/blog/2022-midterm-congressional-elections-numbers?amp

“Going back to Harry Truman’s presidency, the president's party has lost, on average, twenty-nine House seats in each president’s first midterm election.”

I’m sure it varies if you change the ranges and Bush was the exception by gaining seats after 9/11, but the President’s party generally does very poorly in the midterms. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1