GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Even if you were correct, and you're not, the voter ID laws being crafted are not designed to close this loophole. They're designed to make it harder for certain people to vote. You have states that say a hunting license is good but a state-issued school ID is not. You have states that require an ID from the DMV and then close the DMVs in areas with large minority populations.

The fraud and voter ID narrative being pushed has nothing to do with actually combating widespread fraud (because it doesn't exist).

I was replying to someone saying there should be common sense voting laws at the federal level and it shouldn't be up to the states to do shady things like you are suggesting. So we would agree on that. 

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

How many times have you had to testify in court about your widespread exposure to voter fraud? 

None, nobody asked

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

And those bedridden?  😏

You are going for the 0.1% of the population that truly can't get out of bed with your argument. Surely there would need to be exceptions then but we are talking about such a small segment of the population. That's usually the case when you say things like you don't agree with abortions and then someone says "well what if the person was raped?" Ok that's an exception but such a small number that it shouldn't stop you from passing common sense laws

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You are going for the 0.1% of the population that truly can't get out of bed with your argument. Surely there would need to be exceptions then but we are talking about such a small segment of the population. That's usually the case when you say things like you don't agree with abortions and then someone says "well what if the person was raped?" Ok that's an exception but such a small number that it shouldn't stop you from passing common sense laws

So your argument is BS?   Just because someone is bedridden…..fug em?  

And your abortion analogy is dumb.  

Just let people vote by mail.  Hell why not online?  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

So your argument is BS?   Just because someone is bedridden…..fug em?  

And your abortion analogy is dumb.  

Just let people vote by mail.  Hell why not online?  

Because there's fraud?

I'm not saying fug em I'm saying there would be exceptions that would take a lot of hoops to jump through (doctors notice, supporting documents)but it would still be possible in that ultra rare 0.1% of the population case

29 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Where is the part that says you have to allow mail in voting?

This is a classic motte and bailey. You originally said "contributing members of society" should be allowed to vote. Now you're changing it to mail in voting. I don't think mail in voting is constitutionally protected, but I think making people jump through too many hoops is in fact unconstitutional.

More to the point there isn't any reason not to have mail in voting. There has never been evidence found of widespread fraud through the mail. Usually when it's found it's some dumb*** trying to prove a point about voter fraud which they end up specifically disproving.

Just now, HappyDays said:

This is a classic motte and bailey. You originally said "contributing members of society" should be allowed to vote. Now you're changing it to mail in voting. I don't think mail in voting is constitutionally protected, but I think making people jump through too many hoops is in fact unconstitutional.

More to the point there isn't any reason not to have mail in voting. There has never been evidence found of widespread fraud through the mail. Usually when it's found it's some dumb*** trying to prove a point about voter fraud which they end up specifically disproving.

You will have to go back and read but I've seen voter fraud, I know it exists. There needs to be common sense laws in place federally so that there is no fraud and also people have access to vote so no shady stuff on either side.

Just now, Tiberius said:

It’s evident … the powers that he have moved to DeSantis. 

Fox has been openly propping up a DeSantis run while suggesting Trump should step aside. 

Donors are lining up behind DeSantis.  

Major conservative influencers in social media doing the same. 

If Trump goes in .. it’s looking like he’s going in with the apparatus behind someone else.  

Apparently there was a pretty interesting meeting held the night Trump attacked DeSantis .. some notable kingmakers flew into Florida to sit down with DeSantis and his family to gauge if he’s ready for/wants the fight.  

Here is the thing about voter fraud.  The circumstances leading up to the 2020 election were ripe for committing fraud, and the statistical anomalies that followed reinforced it.  The Covid policies had plausible deniability built into it from the start.  If your guy won, you were fine with it.  If your guy lost, you see it as cheating.  If the results were different, you could just flip the script.  The problem either way is that it wasn't normal, and the optics cast doubt on the integrity of our elections.  

What is the single biggest thing that our government wants its citizens to think?  I would think it is that our elections are free and fair.

Well, the last election cast doubt upon that.  Agree, or disagree, million of Americans see it that way, and that is a problem.  The only way to fix that problem is transparency, and less game playing, but that's not going to happen.

Think of how damaging it would be to confirm that an election was rigged.  No one wants to go down that rabbit hole because it could never be undone.  Does anyone really believe that the powers that be would ever allow that to happen?  

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Because there's fraud?

I'm not saying fug em I'm saying there would be exceptions that would take a lot of hoops to jump through (doctors notice, supporting documents)but it would still be possible in that ultra rare 0.1% of the population case

There will always be fraud.  Make it easy for people to vote.  I think online voting would be fantastic.  It’s not the 19th century.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It’s evident … the powers that he have moved to DeSantis. 

Fox has been openly propping up a DeSantis run while suggesting Trump should step aside. 

Donors are lining up behind DeSantis.  

Major conservative influencers in social media doing the same. 

If Trump goes in .. it’s looking like he’s going in with the apparatus behind someone else.  

Apparently there was a pretty interesting meeting held the night Trump attacked DeSantis .. some notable kingmakers flew into Florida to sit down with DeSantis and his family to gauge if he’s ready for/wants the fight.  

I'll bet another GOP candidate emerges in the primary, someone we are not familure with nationally. 

Just my hunch 

1 minute ago, Brueggs said:

Here is the thing about voter fraud.  The circumstances leading up to the 2020 election were ripe for committing fraud, and the statistical anomalies that followed reinforced it.  The Covid policies had plausible deniability built into it from the start.  If your guy won, you were fine with it.  If your guy lost, you see it as cheating.  If the results were different, you could just flip the script.  The problem either way is that it wasn't normal, and the optics cast doubt on the integrity of our elections.  

What is the single biggest thing that our government wants its citizens to think?  I would think it is that our elections are free and fair.

Well, the last election cast doubt upon that.  Agree, or disagree, million of Americans see it that way, and that is a problem.  The only way to fix that problem is transparency, and less game playing, but that's not going to happen.

Think of how damaging it would be to confirm that an election was rigged.  No one wants to go down that rabbit hole because it could never be undone.  Does anyone really believe that the powers that be would ever allow that to happen?  

The real problem was that it was different than normal so bad actors started spewing false stories of fraud and the gullible ate it up because they couldn't accept that their candidate lost.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

There will always be fraud.  Make it easy for people to vote.  I think online voting would be fantastic.  It’s not the 19th century.  

There will always be fraud. The goal should be to minimize it as much as possible. 

Voting season, mass mail in voting and  god forbid online voting all increase the likelihood of fraud.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'll bet another GOP candidate emerges in the primary, someone we are not familure with nationally. 

Just my hunch 

R's, if serious about dethroning DJT, have to limit the primary to a few people.   If it's another Royal Rumble, that's how he gets through. 

People like Larry Hogan, who think the midterm results were a calling for him to run, need not apply.  Same for Pence, Pompeo etc.

Trump, DeSantis and Youngkin have earned the right to compete for it.  There could certainly be others. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

The real problem was that it was different than normal so bad actors started spewing false stories of fraud and the gullible ate it up because they couldn't accept that their candidate lost.

And, if the results were the opposite, the same thing would have happened.  

Hypothetically, if the government did have evidence of widespread fraud that swayed an election, do you think they would let the public know?  Or do you think that it would be far less damaging to cover it up?

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Online voting is a terrible idea. There should always be a paper ballot for auditing.

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

And, if the results were the opposite, the same thing would have happened.  

Hypothetically, if the government did have evidence of widespread fraud that swayed an election, do you think they would let the public know?  Or do you think that it would be far less damaging to cover it up?

No.

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

There will always be fraud. The goal should be to minimize it as much as possible. 

Voting season, mass mail in voting and  god forbid online voting all increase the likelihood of fraud.

Don’t fear the future. 😁

Every election has “some” fraud.  It’s baked in.  The pandemic gaslighting of it being the safest, most secure election ever is a joke.. It was not.  There was a baseline of fraud, like there always is, but that baseline affected more votes due to the covid procedures.  

Does that mean Trump lost due to voter fraud and/or Dominion computers?  No, it doesn’t.  

That being said, if the following election, our gov’t wanted to continue the deterioration of voter confidence, they would do what Nevada and Arizona are doing right now.   

It’s completely unacceptable to have the equipment breakdowns Arizona had, and then have two mid-sized states struggle this badly with counting ballots.  

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Politicians from both sides of the aisle told us for decades that we needed less mail in voting, not more.

They told us this because mail in voting invites fraud more than anything else. 

Then we had more mail in voting in 2020 than ever before.

Then  one half of them and the media abandoned what they had said for decades and instead demanded that we believe it was the most secure election in US history. 

Who are the bad actors, again?

Just now, Brueggs said:

Well, there were two questions.   Answering "no" to both is conflicting...

You're dealing with chigoose.

Perceived malfeasance from his side are just mistakes.

Perceived malfeasance from the other side, which he laughably asks people to believe is his former team...then hang 'em high!

1 minute ago, Brueggs said:

Well, there were two questions.   Answering "no" to both is conflicting...

The very idea that "the government" which is comprised of thousands and thousands of people operating at a variety of levels of government in a myriad of roles with a diversity of incentives, beliefs and opinions, is a singular entity that would decide whether or not to cover up voter fraud.

13 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It is inherently minimized because of the risk/reward to the individual that does it. The reward is you cast a single extra vote that will make zero difference to the outcome of the election. The risk is you go to prison, pay a hefty fine, and have your name smeared for life.

Still waiting on a single point of real evidence in favor of this supposed widespread fraud. Luckily the GOP on the whole has moved away from this ridiculous talking point. Many of the 2020 election skeptics/deniers who lost their election this week have already conceded the race. This is a good sign that they recognize it is a pointless battle and it was just a circus the whole time.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It is inherently minimized because of the risk/reward to the individual that does it. The reward is you cast a single extra vote that will make zero difference to the outcome of the election. The risk is you go to prison, pay a hefty fine, and have your name smeared for life.

Still waiting on a single point of real evidence in favor of this supposed widespread fraud. Luckily the GOP on the whole has moved away from this ridiculous talking point. Many of the 2020 election skeptics/deniers who lost their election this week have already conceded the race. This is a good sign that they recognize it is a pointless battle and it was just a circus the whole time.

So you agree that voting fraud does exist ✔️

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The very idea that "the government" which is comprised of thousands and thousands of people operating at a variety of levels of government in a myriad of roles with a diversity of incentives, beliefs and opinions, is a singular entity that would decide whether or not to cover up voter fraud.

People have a tendency to follow marching orders, especially when there livelihood depends upon it.  That being said, why not just answer the questions?

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You're dealing with chigoose.

Perceived malfeasance from his side are just mistakes.

Perceived malfeasance from the other side, which he laughably asks people to believe is his former team...then hang 'em high!

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt ...

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

When you puke out ballots or ballot applications to everyone on the voter rolls....unsolicited....

It just might create a fertile playground for widespread fraud. 

It's virtually impossible to prove the fraud. So take away the opportunity and make it easy to vote and hard to cheat.

These post covid efforts are making it easy to vote and easy to cheat.

There is zero good reason to have mass mail in voting. None. Unless you want to invite more fraud of course.

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Every election has “some” fraud.  It’s baked in.  The pandemic gaslighting of it being the safest, most secure election ever is a joke.. It was not.  There was a baseline of fraud, like there always is, but that baseline affected more votes due to the covid procedures.  

No evidence of this. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Does that mean Trump lost due to voter fraud and/or Dominion computers?  No, it doesn’t.  

That being said, if the following election, our gov’t wanted to continue the deterioration of voter confidence, they would do what Nevada and Arizona are doing right now.   

It’s completely unacceptable to have the equipment breakdowns Arizona had, and then have two mid-sized states struggle this badly with counting ballots.  

Dude, with almost no preparation and training, every year, we set up a pop up election sites mostly run by volunteers as the backbone of our democracy. It's a testament to the honesty and capability of Americans that we pull it off each year. 

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

When you puke out ballots or ballot applications to everyone on the voter rolls....unsolicited....

It just might create a fertile playground for widespread fraud. 

It's virtually impossible to prove the fraud. So take away the opportunity and make it easy to vote and hard to cheat.

These post covid efforts are making it easy to vote and easy to cheat.

There is zero good reason to have mass mail in voting. None. Unless you want to invite more fraud of course.

Only evidence of widespread fraud is in your head. 

Just now, Sundancer said:

Hahahahahahahaha...you fraud. 

I don't get it. Are you saying I didn't watch someone fill out 4 ballots by themselves because I assure you that I did. I'm guessing I'm at least 1 of thousands if not millions to witness that. You want me to go testify to that and put a friend in jail over 4 votes? I'm just saying it happens. If you want to argue it's not widespread or doesn't make a difference then ok but I've seen numerous people post that it doesn't exist at all and I assure you it does and by good law abiding citizens who don't think it's a big deal. So just imagine what the bad guys are up to if that's the case

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

People have a tendency to follow marching orders, especially when there livelihood depends upon it.  That being said, why not just answer the questions?

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt ...

The government wouldn't cover up voting mistakes. It's why states don't often certify the official election results for weeks (even after the media has called races) . Many states also conduct audits to verify the results before certification.

And it's highly unlikely that an attempted coverup would be possible or successful given the strict controls around how elections are conducted.

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

I don't get it. Are you saying I didn't watch someone fill out 4 ballots by themselves because I assure you that I did. I'm guessing I'm at least 1 of thousands if not millions to witness that. You want me to go testify to that and put a friend in jail over 4 votes? I'm just saying it happens. If you want to argue it's not widespread or doesn't make a difference then ok but I've seen numerous people post that it doesn't exist at all and I assure you it does and by good law abiding citizens who don't think it's a big deal. So just imagine what the bad guys are up to if that's the case

Your anecdotal criminal venture witnessing and not reporting notwithstanding, there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud. None. Zero. Nada. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So you agree that voting fraud does exist ✔️

I agree that occasionally a small piece of a meteor falls out of the sky and kills a person. I do not agree that we should waste a lot of time and resources on a meteor defense system, or change the way that we walk outside.

• Agree 1

Just now, Sundancer said:

Your anecdotal criminal venture witnessing and not reporting notwithstanding, there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud. None. Zero. Nada. 

I guess I'm the only person to witness it then. Lucky me. I should have played the Powerball

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

No evidence of this. 

Dude, with almost no preparation and training, every year, we set up a pop up election sites mostly run by volunteers as the backbone of our democracy. It's a testament to the honesty and capability of Americans that we pull it off each year. 

Only evidence of widespread fraud is in your head. 

I guess you missed the part where I clearly said it's almost impossible to prove. Which of course is the very point and why it's done. Not much chance you'll be caught.

The point is to take away the opportunity. 

Other than legitimate absentee ballots why should mass mail in voting be normalized?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1