Paramount Plus issues?

RiotAct

Hi everyone,

For the past few weeks now on Paramount+ (Fire TV app version), when I go to “Sports” then select the “NFL on CBS” tile right at 1 PM, it instead takes me to frigging Meet the Press 😐.  Can’t actually get the local CBS game to come up.

Has. anyone else faced this issue?   I confirmed with their support that my ZIP code on my account is correct.  

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Hi everyone,

For the past few weeks now on Paramount+ (Fire TV app version), when I go to “Sports” then select the “NFL on CBS” tile right at 1 PM, it instead takes me to frigging Meet the Press 😐.  Can’t actually get the local CBS game to come up.

Has. anyone else faced this issue?   I confirmed with their support that my ZIP code on my account is correct.  

well Meet the Press is an NBC show so not sure why Paramount plus would forward you there

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Hi everyone,

Yes, I havent been able to get the Bills games on any of the CBS apps lately. They only show CBS News during the games.

I just chalked it up to them seeing my IP is Atlanta even though I'm signing in to a Buffalo-based Spectrum account, or a Paramount+ account.

The worst news is the pirate site that has worked really well the last few years has seems to "bite" the big one. I cant get any of the pirate streams working either anymore, and I'm pretty good at that stuff. Some other friends reported the same problem. Bummer.

the CBS app never showed live local as far as i know, you needed Paramount Plus.  when streaming on Paramount Plus it doesn't use your account zip code it uses your current location based on IP/geolocation.  this happened to me recently in NJ, but was able to get the Bills game on Paramount Plus after using a GPS spoofer on an android device.

42 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, I havent been able to get the Bills games on any of the CBS apps lately. They only show CBS News during the games.

I just chalked it up to them seeing my IP is Atlanta even though I'm signing in to a Buffalo-based Spectrum account, or a Paramount+ account.

The worst news is the pirate site that has worked really well the last few years has seems to "bite" the big one. I cant get any of the pirate streams working either anymore, and I'm pretty good at that stuff. Some other friends reported the same problem. Bummer.

I use a VPN and choose a Buffalo server.  I'm in FL.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you’re in Atlanta, about the only Bills game that wasn’t shown locally was the Steelers matchup. Don’t you have any other means to get local programming (over the air, basic cable)? 

57 minutes ago, essential said:

the CBS app never showed live local as far as i know, you needed Paramount Plus.  when streaming on Paramount Plus it doesn't use your account zip code it uses your current location based on IP/geolocation.  this happened to me recently in NJ, but was able to get the Bills game on Paramount Plus after using a GPS spoofer on an android device.

even on the iphone app, I had the same issue.  (No VPN on or anything, and I’m in 14221 ZIP code)

For one of the games, Paramount+ on a PC using Chrome thought I was in OK. I logged in on Edge and was good to go. A few people I know mentioned having a similar issue that week.

I have since stopped using Paramount+ for the CBS games as there is a significant delay between real time and the stream. I just use an antennae. Got tired of folks texting me about a play before it happened on the stream.

1 hour ago, Westside Madness said:

For one of the games, Paramount+ on a PC using Chrome thought I was in OK. I logged in on Edge and was good to go. A few people I know mentioned having a similar issue that week.

I have since stopped using Paramount+ for the CBS games as there is a significant delay between real time and the stream. I just use an antennae. Got tired of folks texting me about a play before it happened on the stream.

I don't use apps to watch but I noticed that (on a pc, web page) as well. I'm on the free trial but will cancel. really, antenna would seem to be the best option. streaming online will always have it's issues. back in the day, watch it on network tv, may have to adjust the antenna a few turns, but you got through a game.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I actually had this issue in Buffalo this week. I was trying to play the 1'Oclock game at my tailgate and brought my firestick. Super annoying. 

actually, that’s a good point.  I do have a Firestick as well (that I never really use anymore), maybe I’ll switch over to that and try it if the app on the smart TV itself isn’t working again on Sunday.  Worth a shot, at least

27 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

With paramount plus on 3 different Rokus when going to live tv the broadcast is severely delayed and keeps pausing etc. if anyone has dealt with this and knows why the hell it happens please let me know. 

pauses completely (meaning you can press Play and the stream resumes), or buffers (“loads”)?  The latter may be a WiFi or Internet speed issue.

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Hi everyone,

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

4 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I use a VPN and choose a Buffalo server.  I'm in FL.

I know there's two different versions of Paramount, one more costly.  To watch live TV i.e. Bills games, you need the more costly version.

Yeah the VPN deal then use you Tube TV to watch.  @Bills4ever Can you still get it to work with Paramount?  Seemed like late last season Id open up Paramount, it would list the local Buffalo CBS station in the guide, but as soon as I'd click on it would revert to my actual location.  You Tube seems to work fine

The "you have been re-directed too many times" thing? Best way is to bookmark each "good" site and go from there. 

4 hours ago, SoMAn said:

If you’re in Atlanta, about the only Bills game that wasn’t shown locally was the Steelers matchup. Don’t you have any other means to get local programming (over the air, basic cable)? 

Good question, my antenna has been down since a recent remodel. Last thing to go back up since we dont ever watch over the air tv, just mainly stream.

I've never had an issue staying digital because if the real apps dont work, the "other" site always did. Now neither are working. Guess I have to get on a ladder tomorrow. Or just head to Whitehall Sunday. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, T&C said:

The "you have been re-directed too many times" thing? Best way is to bookmark each "good" site and go from there. 

I dont see that error, the stream just never plays after I click through all the ads like the usual song and dance. Seems buffstreams is gone, and the rest arent as reliable.

I have a bunch of different sites saved for streaming games, just in case. Shoot me a PM if you want links to the different sites I have saved.

42 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I know there's two different versions of Paramount, one more costly.  To watch live TV i.e. Bills games, you need the more costly version.

Yeah the VPN deal then use you Tube TV to watch.  @Bills4ever Can you still get it to work with Paramount?  Seemed like late last season Id open up Paramount, it would list the local Buffalo CBS station in the guide, but as soon as I'd click on it would revert to my actual location.  You Tube seems to work fine

are you sure?  I’ve had Essential (the $4.99/month tier) since Summer 2021 and had no issue until a couple weeks ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.