Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Lmao it's never Edmunds' fault. He didn't have a DT because Star was out. He didn't have an All-Pro S behind him to clean up. Milano was out.

Our scarecrow emerges into scarecrow form year after year after year.  There's a reason he's not under contract at 25 lol

So, you have no answer? You blamed Edmunds and I asked you what specifically he did wrong. You apparently don't know. Should I assume you have no concerns about the backup safety play?

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

come now, it’s not Edmunds fault you don’t know how this defense works.

yes lmao Luke Kuechly was NEVER responsible for the run defense in Carolina.  He was the scarecrow just like Tremaine. Of course.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

So, you have no answer? You blamed Edmunds and I asked you what specifically he did wrong. You apparently don't know. Should I assume you have no concerns about the backup safety play?

Backups are backups for a reason. I don't expect JJ to play like an All-Pro. Edmunds is our highly touted first round pick. An athletic freak.

And he was an invisible scarecrow in the 2nd half. Biggest play was a tipped INT back into the hands of the Jets TE.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Late to his run fits. 
Got lost in the wash

second guessing reads. 
Once blocked cannot shed it 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

I’m wondering why a team plays 4 DL and 2 LBs against run heavy fronts. Seems we were missing 1 LB over smaller nickel corners.

Because McD & Frazier are too f-ing stubborn to pull out of their incessant nickel/dime. The Jets ran it right down our throat like GB did. By the time we pulled out of the Nickel it was too late.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

yes lmao Luke Kuechly was NEVER responsible for the run defense in Carolina.  He was the scarecrow just like Tremaine. Of course.

exactly- he was NOT. He was responsible for his gap and his gap only. 😂 

Thanks for reinforcing my point. Now do Ray Lewis and Singletary. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Because McD & Frazier are too f-ing stubborn to pull out of their incessant nickel/dime. The Jets ran it right down our throat like GB did. By the time we pulled out of the Nickel it was too late.

If only they can make that final adjustment. I’m even cool with 3 DTs 2 DEs and 2 LBs, it doesn’t even have to be a 4-3 front, go big. Frazier played in the Bears 1980s 46 defense. It’s not like he doesn’t understand size advantages. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Backups are backups for a reason. I don't expect JJ to play like an All-Pro. Edmunds is our highly touted first round pick. An athletic freak.

And he was an invisible scarecrow in the 2nd half. Biggest play was a tipped INT back into the hands of the Jets TE.

You blamed all the Jets run stats on Edmunds and still haven't explained what he did wrong. Is Edmunds the one who took bad angles and missed those tackles?

Please say yes.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

You blamed all the Jets run stats on Edmunds and still haven't explained what he did wrong. Is Edmunds the one who took bad angles and missed those tackles?

Please say yes.

Edmunds took his share of bad angles, yes.

He also got swallowed up in several plays and taken completely out.

Only in Bills land does the defense get gashed and the star of the LB group get a pass lmao.

Extend Edmunds today! $20M deal! He didn't play worse than Jaquan Johnson!

Edited by FireChans

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

convinced it’s because they think Taron is too good to take off the field or they lack the talent at the third lb. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lmao it's never Edmunds' fault. He didn't have a DT because Star was out. He didn't have an All-Pro S behind him to clean up. Milano was out.

Our scarecrow emerges into scarecrow form year after year after year.  There's a reason he's not under contract at 25 lol

Ya it’s kind of funny- when he plays well early in the year cause the D line is amazing, then Edmunds is an absolute “stud”.

Then when the circumstances aren’t great around him, then it’s not his fault.

It can’t go both ways lol

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Late to his run fits. 
Got lost in the wash

second guessing reads. 
Once blocked cannot shed it 

So, you missed the play in the 2nd quarter where he tackled Robinson for a two yard loss after shedding his block. And that was just one of a number of good tackles.

He did it just fine in reality, but apparently to you in this post-game alternate world he cannot do it.

All those yards are Edmunds fault, not you know...the backups taking bad angles and missing tackles.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

So, you missed the play in the 2nd quarter where he tackled Robinson for a two yard loss after shedding his block. And that was just one of a number of good tackles.

He did it just fine in reality, but apparently to you in this post-game alternate world he cannot do it.

All those yards are Edmunds fault, not you know...the backups taking bad angles and missing tackles.

Does One play make a game in your world?  

reminder you are talking to a guy that has Defended Edmunds for YEARS. 

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Edmunds took his share of bad angles, yes.

He also got swallowed up in several plays and taken completely out.

Only in Bills land does the defense get gashed and the star of the LB group get a pass lmao.

Extend Edmunds today! $20M deal! He didn't play worse than Jaquan Johnson!

You actually said yes. Awesome.

12 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’m wondering why a team plays 4 DL and 2 LBs against run heavy fronts. Seems we were missing 1 LB over smaller nickel corners.

Tauron Johnson plays the run very well. McD has discussed how his ability in this regard enables him to run Nickel even when most teams would chose to put a 3rd LB on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Does One play make a game in your world?  

reminder you are talking to a guy that has Defended Edmunds for YEARS. 

I pointed to a specific play amidst multiple. Apparently you misunderstood that? Feel free to point to a specific play. I welcome that, as opposed to these blanket statements.

I'm replying to your posts now. I don't care about your history. That doesn't mean anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.