Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

Just now, Trock said:

Guy is just too average to pay. He’ll be another like Knox, overly paid for not enough production. 

Absolutely!  He will demand a huge pay day--and get it--from someone.

I just hope not us.  He is replaceable for much cheaper than what his next K will command.

1 minute ago, Trock said:

Looked terrible in coverage today against hill 

He was actually right there with Hill a couple times, which is pretty impressive for a dude his size.  Problem is he can’t make a play on the ball.  Tua threw a pass behind Hill that Edmunds had good coverage on but he’s so unaware and unable to play the ball that he couldn’t get a hand in there to knock it out.  

5 minutes ago, Trock said:

Looked terrible in coverage today against hill 

Every LB in the league would look terrible against Hill. I won’t fault him for not making a play in those situations, even if he didn’t recognize Hill sprinting into his zone, but as I said, overall Edmunds just doesn’t impact the game in a way that suggests paying him $14M+/yr. He does his 1/11th and that’s fine, but it’s not worthy of a hefty contract. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He was actually right there with Hill a couple times, which is pretty impressive for a dude his size.  Problem is he can’t make a play on the ball.  Tua threw a pass behind Hill that Edmunds had good coverage on but he’s so unaware and unable to play the ball that he couldn’t get a hand in there to knock it out.  

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Every LB in the league would look terrible against Hill. I won’t fault him for not making a play in those situations, even if he didn’t recognize Hill sprinting into his zone, but as I said, overall Edmunds just doesn’t impact the game in a way that suggests paying him $14M+/yr. He does his 1/11th and that’s fine, but it’s not worthy of a hefty contract. 

But isn’t his strength coverage? If it is, not good enough. 

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I have no freaking clue what the game plan on D was tonight 

Let Mostart look like Barry Sanders?

Let Waddle and Hill go off?

Classic McDermott/Frazier defense against a good offense. 

You can forget about taking the best weapon away from the other team. You can even forget about picking our poison. We let every weapon go off

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He was terrible tonight. He should and will get paid though. They need to use the draft picks on the OL and WR.

I'm really not sure how he played. I really didn't hear his name called much. That tells me he didn't make any glaring mistakes and very good plays. 

48 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Absolutely!  He will demand a huge pay day--and get it--from someone.

I just hope not us.  He is replaceable for much cheaper than what his next K will command.

He's not replaceable with anyone of the Bills current roster. Certainly not Bernard. That draft pick isn't looking so great. 

When Edmunds was out earlier this season we saw how many issues the D had.  Tonight was bad run D in the first half, good run D in the second half.   Dolphins have weapons, it’s a division game.  Not surprised it was a dogfight.   Folks can run Edmunds off if they want to.  He wouldn’t be easily replaced.  

59 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I have no freaking clue what the game plan on D was tonight 

Let Mostart look like Barry Sanders?

Let Waddle and Hill go off?

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to seeing schemes and coverages. I'm really not sure what the Bills tried to do on defense. It's like they were caught off guard or unprepared that the Dolphins were going to run the ball. 

They failed to jam the Dolphins Wrs. Not sure how much zone coverage we were in vs man. 

The defense was frustrating to watch but they did come up with some really key stops that allowed Allen the chance to win. 

Imho, the Bills got beat on both sides of the line. I was really surprised that Maimi was able to run the ball so well. 

The Bills offense looked to be more explosive in the pass game. Injuries to the oline especially Morse hurt. I thought the Bills run game wasn't good until it really counted. Seems like the Bills only ran between the tackles with the exception of Allen. 

41 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Amazing, we win a crazy game, but we are upset 

I'm not upset. Just giving constructive criticism. Always room for improvement. Says a lot about your team when they win and don't even come close to playing their best. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He was terrible tonight. He should and will get paid though. They need to use the draft picks on the OL and WR.

They're not extending Edmunds so can we just end this incessant narrative.  Unless Tremaine can play RT, LG or WR2?  Let him walk for 15-20 and spend that on those above positions. 

13 hours ago, Dopey said:

We’ve been through this bs already. GB game and Dillon drags Edmunds for 4 yds on a tackle. He’s made fun of during the game day thread. Not too long later Dillon does the exact same to Milano. Not a peep. Some of you make sure to catch an Edmunds mistake but never see one by Milano. Ok, got it. If Milano doesn’t drop a sure  pick 6 vs Miami earlier, we win that game. He’s dropped a few of those this year, but it’s fine. Don’t forget Milano gave up the game winning td to KC last year. It’s fine, cuz he’s not this year’s whipping boy. 

Because Milano makes infinitely more plays than Edmunds does. He plays every snap like he's shot out of a cannon, so his misses are easier to overlook. We know that over the course of a game, and especially over the course of a season it's going to even out because he never stops impact making plays. The problem with Edmunds is that he's never offset his flaws by any sort of playmaking ability. He either does nothing or gets abused.

We were gashed up the middle all night tonight and his inability to shed a block or read the RB is not an insignificant reason why that is. I'm not interested in an MLB who gets abused on a constant basis like he does. We could sign Deion Jones next year for half his salary to do the same thing.

Edited by BullBuchanan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.