Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

What specifically did he do wrong today? 

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Let the Edmunds love begin! 

He really carried the linebackers today with Milano out.

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

As much as I have defended Edmunds over the years because of all the responsibilities put in him. 

It is time to move on after the season. 

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

If we’re going to get gashed in the run game and fail to stop the higher end QBs in the league - or even the Zack Wilson types - then yeah, the guy who makes next to no impact plays can get paid by another team this offseason. Von Miller is great value at $20M/yr, he makes a lot of plays. Milano makes mistakes, but also makes game changing plays at $11M/yr. Paying Edmunds north of $10M/yr isn’t smart money. He just doesn’t make the plays he needs to and is almost never around the ball to do so. Always a step late, or chasing.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gee, that took forever.

Amazing what coming off the cheap Rookie Contract will do. 

Davis also needs to get better as well. He disappears just way to much for having Diggs take so much attention. 

Edited by MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

If we’re going to get gashed in the run game and fail to stop the higher end QBs in the league - or even the Zack Wilson types - then yeah, the guy who makes next to no impact plays can get paid by another team this offseason. Von Miller is great value at $20M/yr, he makes a lot of plays. Milano makes mistakes, but also makes game changing plays at $11M/yr. Paying Edmunds north of $10M/yr isn’t smart money. He just doesn’t make the plays he needs to and is almost never around the ball to do so. Always a step late, or chasing.

I wouldn't pay him 1 penny over what Milano makes. If he thinks he's worth 15-20 then bye bye dream weaver.

• Agree 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Allowing that interception to be taken from him was pathetic.  

Watching him pick the wrong lane and overcommit was classic Edmunds 

He didn’t. I felt the replay showed it tucked in his right arm going to the ground. Jets player didn’t even have a hand on the ball at that point. Then in the scrum he wrapped up the ball and they said tie goes to receiver.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

So, that's on Edmunds, not on Jaquan Johnson missing the tackle on Carter twice for two long runs?

Lmao it's never Edmunds' fault. He didn't have a DT because Star was out. He didn't have an All-Pro S behind him to clean up. Milano was out.

Our scarecrow emerges into scarecrow form year after year after year.  There's a reason he's not under contract at 25 lol

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He didn’t. I felt the replay showed it tucked in his right arm going to the ground. Jets player didn’t even have a hand on the ball at that point. Then in the scrum he wrapped up the ball and they said tie goes to receiver.

Yeah, bad call. Reminded me of the interception a couple years ago where the Bills TE caught it, but the refs called it for the defense. It was the opposite today.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Allowing that interception to be taken from him was pathetic.  

Watching him pick the wrong lane and overcommit was classic Edmunds 

I'm so sick and tired of the ridiculous Tremaine Edmunds love and rhetoric.  I just hope another team is dumb enough to pay him 20M to " do what he's told".  Maybe 5 years from now he'll still be raw & developing.  🤣🤣

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Someone just posted a picture of the Jets run stats. I guess words are hard.

Just like everyone thinks we're in a 6 man box because we base out of Nickel... smfh. The Jets out-schemed us. Schemed us a couple times while we were in man to take Edmunds completely out of the box and force Bernard and our Nickel to fit, and then formation-ed us and ran Counter forcing Bernard and/or our Nickels to fit. We haven't stopped Counter in two weeks and that has nothing to do with Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Lmao it's never Edmunds' fault. He didn't have a DT because Star was out. He didn't have an All-Pro S behind him to clean up. Milano was out.

Our scarecrow emerges into scarecrow from year after year after year.  There's a reason he's not under contract at 25 lol

The 2nd half all 22 will be good to see. Jets were running right up the gut of the defense. Seems watching live there was some over committing and holes opened wide.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.