Covid Protocols 2023

On 7/22/2023 at 7:11 PM, Orlando Tim said:

There are two issues with this statement, you stated earlier that kids were never told their breath could harm another person but then you argue it is protect teachers, these two statements are in direct opposition to each other. Secondly my point is that by the begining of 2021-2022 school year it was known that masking did not help with the spread of Covid, so why mask when all the science says it is harming the kids and not helping anyone? BTW I am a teacher. 

Is it really a surprise that masks were being used during a pandemic

Let’s keep in mind that Covid was a new thing. It’s not like we’ve had an outbreak of it. In the past we were learning as we went.

By the way, I commend you for being a teacher. It is an honorable job, and could not have been easy during the pandemic

We’re  you teaching in Florida?

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

The rewriting of COVID history has begun ... refuse to be duped

GOOD, BUT THE JUDGMENT NEEDS A FEW MORE ZEROES: 

Christians Arrested For Outdoor Church Service During COVID-19 Win $300,000 Lawsuit.

church-2.webp

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/christians-arrested-for-outdoor-church-service-during-covid-19-win-300000-lawsuit/

That’s exactly what they should’ve been doing holding an outdoor service was a perfect solution

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Let’s keep in mind that Covid was a new thing. It’s not like we’ve had an outbreak of it. In the past we were learning as we went.

By the way, I commend you for being a teacher. It is an honorable job, and could not have been easy during the pandemic

That’s exactly what they should’ve been doing holding an outdoor service was a perfect solution

And folks did.  Not so difficult.  I know of a theater company that did plays at an old drive in- complete with bakelite speakers for the windows.  Some are more clever and adaptable than others.  On an even brighter note, I finally got my suit pants hemmed.  No one was buying them during Covid.  $70 for a wool sharkskin pattern suit from Jos A Banks.  And $13 for the hems.  There are always opportunities.  I also heard some R pols bought stock in zoom before it ever hit...

Edited by redtail hawk

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Masking at the begining I am not arguing with since it was novel. I am discussing at begining of 2021-2022 school year, by that point it was shown by all studies that masks were not effective and we knew from speech pathologists that it was hurting kids greatly. The areas that required children to get vaccinated despite it being known that it would not being a benefit to the kids themselves should all be ashamed of themselves. I have an 18 year old and a 13 year old and the difference between our life and their northern cousins life for 2 years was astonishing considering the threat to the kids was less than from a flu, and as you stated by Sept 2021 we knew kids were not a threat to adults by simply being the same room with them. Personally I was back in the classroom in August 2020 and we were hyper vigilant about touching or being too close to each other but otherwise school went like normal. It was clear an obvious by January of 2021 it could be done but so many states did not do what should have been done. 

"Floridians died at a higher rate, adjusted for age, than residents of almost any other state during the Delta wave, according to the Times analysis," LaFraniere, Mazzei and Sun report. "With less than 7 percent of the nation's population, Florida accounted for 14 percent of deaths between the start of July and the end of October."

Nice job, Ron

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sort of….I did my Graduate work there on a full scholarship. Sweet gig! 

Listen nerd, you might be proud of yourself but you had best start worrying about the feelings of those who drank their way through college and did not have any scholarship offers to grad school, like me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Listen nerd, you might be proud of yourself but you had best start worrying about the feelings of those who drank their way through college and did not have any scholarship offers to grad school, like me. 

Hey! You of all posters should be proud of me. The deal was that I teach a freshman course while I did my graduate work. I absolutely loved teaching.