Impeach Biden

Clinton shouldn't have been impeached.

Trump shouldn't have been impeached.

Biden shouldn't be impeached.

This whole impeachment as a political weapon has to stop.  America doesn't need to impeach every President going forward.  

If Congress wants to, go censure the President.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

When the Trump impeachment did not meet constitutional standards, sane people warned that if the Dems went through with it that it would invite the GOP to respond in kind when they hold power. 

And they absolutely should.

***** like this happening tit for tat might make enough people realize how dangerous and insane all of this is. And demand that all this ***** nonsense stop.

Business as usual certainly isn't going to get us there.

27 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Clinton shouldn't have been impeached.

He absolutely should have been.

Lying under oath to a grand jury is egregious.

The president is the Commander in Chief, the head of the Executive.

Military Officers would be prosecuted and convicted in a second for this.

For such a person to be above the law is unacceptable.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's put it this way....I have doubts that a GOP held congress would actually impeach Biden under any circumstances. 

I have zero doubt that if we get a DeSantis or Trump presidency come 2025 that we will get another impeachment if the dems are given a chance. Zero doubt.

Business as usual is not going to work when dealing with batschitt crazy leftists.

• Agree 1

I agree that we should stop using impeachments (as the democrats did)

BUT, there has to be some penalty for breaking the law(s).

Those who control Biden and lied to Congress and Americans with impunity, must pay a price or it will just continue.

Those who abused their office to maintain power need to be charged.

Just leave Joe  toothless and impotent for the rest of his term.

Hunter should go to jail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Let's put it this way....I have doubts that a GOP held congress would actually impeach Biden under any circumstances. 

I have zero doubt that if we get a DeSantis or Trump presidency come 2025 that we will get another impeachment if the dems are given a chance. Zero doubt.

Business as usual is not going to work when dealing with batschitt crazy leftists.

Every president elected since 1980, with the exception of Barack Obama, has been the subject of at least one resolution introduced into Congress with the purpose of impeachment.

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Every president elected since 1980, with the exception of Barack Obama, has been the subject of at least one resolution introduced into Congress with the purpose of impeachment.

But of course....with there not being even a smidgen of corruption during his term....

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I agree that we should stop using impeachments (as the democrats did)

BUT, there has to be some penalty for breaking the law(s).

Those who control Biden and lied to Congress and Americans with impunity, must pay a price or it will just continue.

Those who abused their office to maintain power need to be charged.

Just leave Joe  toothless and impotent for the rest of his term.

Hunter should go to jail.

I love the commitment to ‘the right way’ that you and @sherpa have talked about.  It would be good if we can get back to that as a nation. 

On the other hand, when the political system includes normalized allegations of misconduct, illegitimacy and treason—-and it’s accepted by the American people as business as usual—that becomes the new system.  Those not playing in the new system run the risk of becoming irrelevant and there is simply too much at stake. 

What we know now is that the Russia investigation was a farce, that leaders in the D party knew very early on what the Clinton/DNC was planning, that the DOJ screwed around with FISA applications and was willing to enrich a foreign national to the tune of a million taxpayer bucks, and as the country moved toward ripping itself apart, they let it happen.   Worse yet, in spite of Mueller’s conclusions, tens of millions of Americans voted for more of the same.  

Assuming power shifts again—and I don’t assume anything given the cover the media gives Biden Inc—I cannot see a choice other than to impeach and go scorched earth. It’s just the way it is.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Assuming power shifts again—and I don’t assume anything given the cover the media gives Biden Inc—I cannot see a choice other than to impeach and go scorched earth. It’s just the way it is.  

Gross. Are you really saying that if the voters and the will of the people elect someone Republicans don't like they should go "scorched earth" to get rid of them. 

How about they just try harder in the next election?   That's how democracy works.

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I love the commitment to ‘the right way’ that you and @sherpa have talked about.  It would be good if we can get back to that as a nation. 

On the other hand, when the political system includes normalized allegations of misconduct, illegitimacy and treason—-and it’s accepted by the American people as business as usual—that becomes the new system.  Those not playing in the new system run the risk of becoming irrelevant and there is simply too much at stake. 

What we know now is that the Russia investigation was a farce, that leaders in the D party knew very early on what the Clinton/DNC was planning, that the DOJ screwed around with FISA applications and was willing to enrich a foreign national to the tune of a million taxpayer bucks, and as the country moved toward ripping itself apart, they let it happen.   Worse yet, in spite of Mueller’s conclusions, tens of millions of Americans voted for more of the same.  

Someone has to start acting like better Americans, or the political climate is only going to get worse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I sppreciare the viewpoint of following the constitution, gain the moral high ground and things will work out. I really do. I was that guy my entire life....... until I woke up.

But with all due respect there are many here who remain sound asleep.

Russia collusion hoax

A special counsel based on the above.

A bogus impeachment from a phone call

Unconstitutionally changing election laws in multiple swing states to "fortify" an election.

J6 mass trespassing = insurrection, a second sham impeachment and now a sham partisan committee still making political hay to this day from it.

Denying American citizens due process from charges related to J6.

Raiding a former POTUS private home on another fishing expedition.

A sitting President calling the other party, half the country, semi fascist domestic terrorists.

A current administration that created a disinformation board to work hand in glove with private media organizations to stifle free speech. Straight out of 1984.

A DOJ and FBI that targeted parents as domestic terrorists.

And on and on...

We've already gone off the deep end and are drowning. The Constitution has been toilet paper for quite some time now.

Is going scorched earth and making the left begin to live by the new rules they've brought forth the answer?  Maybe, who knows. 

What I am absolutely sure of is that leftist extremist commies are playing to win as evidenced by the examples above, and trying to fight them by adhering to the old rules is a recipe for certain failure.

If you do what you always do you always get what you always got.

Please, please, please wake up.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Gross. Are you really saying that if the voters and the will of the people elect someone Republicans don't like they should go "scorched earth" to get rid of them. 

How about they just try harder in the next election?   That's how democracy works.

Thanks for the reply, it gave me the opportunity to reconsider my phrasing.  I have no idea what your frame of reference on the issue of impeachment and demonizing the opponent is,  but I know mine. 

There was a time I would have thought McCarthyism was a distant relic of our ugly past, that a political party would not launch multiple impeachment probes for political theater, that a DOJ would not raid the home of the opposition party, that a Supreme Court nominee with an impeccable record of service would not be held out to be a serial sexual predator by a politician soon to be nominated to VP, and that common sense would suggest there is little difference politically speaking between "Trump is an Illegitimate President!" and "Biden's people stole the election!".  There was also a time I would have assumed that during a global pandemic, the democrats  would not have encouraged mass gatherings that clearly hastened the spread of a virus--and the suffering and death that followed-- and then spoke against trusting a vaccine developed under the oppositions admin, all for political benefit. 

I was wrong.  I don't advocate that the R follow or supersize the dem strategy of the past few election cycles moving forward, and I would be happy to stand next to you in the voting line if we can return to some semblance of normalcy in the future.  I've viewed every American president during my lifetime as my President, rode with the ebbs and flows of the system as some benefited me, and some hurt me.  I don't think Trump was an illegitimate President guilty of treason, I don't think the election was stolen, and I have zero love for the mutts who were guilty of crimes on 1/6, though I do have issues with the fairness/equity/due process of that particular event. 

However, I was referring to impeachment as 'scorched earth'.   That was my standard.  Impeachment as a political tool is already here.  It's already a mainstream concept, RedDog, and it's widely accepted as normal.  It's not a matter of being 'gross', or cheering for people who stab each other in the back on a daily basis to be "better", though better would surely be better. 

To answer your question directly, it's not a matter of 'getting rid' of anyone.  Biden will serve out his term any way you slice it unless his cognitive decline forces him out, or nature catches up with him.  Trump served his four year term, but the net political effect of the constant drag on his admin from the impeachment proceedings cannot be understated.  

That's just politics. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thanks for the reply, it gave me the opportunity to reconsider my phrasing.  I have no idea what your frame of reference on the issue of impeachment and demonizing the opponent is,  but I know mine. 

There was a time I would have thought McCarthyism was a distant relic of our ugly past, that a political party would not launch multiple impeachment probes for political theater, that a DOJ would not raid the home of the opposition party, that a Supreme Court nominee with an impeccable record of service would not be held out to be a serial sexual predator by a politician soon to be nominated to VP, and that common sense would suggest there is little difference politically speaking between "Trump is an Illegitimate President!" and "Biden's people stole the election!".  There was also a time I would have assumed that during a global pandemic, the democrats  would not have encouraged mass gatherings that clearly hastened the spread of a virus--and the suffering and death that followed-- and then spoke against trusting a vaccine developed under the oppositions admin, all for political benefit. 

I was wrong.  I don't advocate that the R follow or supersize the dem strategy of the past few election cycles moving forward, and I would be happy to stand next to you in the voting line if we can return to some semblance of normalcy in the future.  I've viewed every American president during my lifetime as my President, rode with the ebbs and flows of the system as some benefited me, and some hurt me.  I don't think Trump was an illegitimate President guilty of treason, I don't think the election was stolen, and I have zero love for the mutts who were guilty of crimes on 1/6, though I do have issues with the fairness/equity/due process of that particular event. 

However, I was referring to impeachment as 'scorched earth'.   That was my standard.  Impeachment as a political tool is already here.  It's already a mainstream concept, RedDog, and it's widely accepted as normal.  It's not a matter of being 'gross', or cheering for people who stab each other in the back on a daily basis to be "better", though better would surely be better. 

To answer your question directly, it's not a matter of 'getting rid' of anyone.  Biden will serve out his term any way you slice it unless his cognitive decline forces him out, or nature catches up with him.  Trump served his four year term, but the net political effect of the constant drag on his admin from the impeachment proceedings cannot be understated.  

That's just politics. 

Very well articulated.  I see you as somebody that's willing to reason and compromise on almost every topic but that's a hard thing to do when you're mostly engaging in debate and discussion with absolute idealists that are completely invested in their views and aren't willing to alter their position or yield an inch of ground on anything  no matter what facts or views you might bring to them.

Call me cynical, but I'd also propose that when it comes to the critical issues and actions there's about a 95% consistency in policy and governance between the two major political parties and no matter which party is in charge there's maybe a 5% disagreement on things the power don't really care about.  I'd argue the people we elect don't run anything.  And their decisions generally are provided to them by the permanent bureaucracy and the powers bankrolling both political parties that call the shots from the background.  And nobody dares to shine a light on these characters to expose exactly who's calling the shots and how they benefit at the expense of everyone else.  While I support the concepts of democracy I see much of it beyond the ability to elect the candidate of your choice as somewhat of an illusion.  Few members of Congress serve the actual interests of their constituents and the citizens they represent and if they do they are most certainly ridiculed and marginalized in some respect by agents in the media and the lapdog political class.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Very well articulated.  I see you as somebody that's willing to reason and compromise on almost every topic but that's a hard thing to do when you're mostly engaging in debate and discussion with absolute idealists that are completely invested in their views and aren't willing to alter their position or yield an inch of ground on anything  no matter what facts or views you might bring to them.

Call me cynical, but I'd also propose that when it comes to the critical issues and actions there's about a 95% consistency in policy and governance between the two major political parties and no matter which party is in charge there's maybe a 5% disagreement on things the power don't really care about.  I'd argue the people we elect don't run anything.  And their decisions generally are provided to them by the permanent bureaucracy and the powers bankrolling both political parties that call the shots from the background.  And nobody dares to shine a light on these characters to expose exactly who's calling the shots and how they benefit at the expense of everyone else.  While I support the concepts of democracy I see much of it beyond the ability to elect the candidate of your choice as somewhat of an illusion.  Few members of Congress serve the actual interests of their constituents and the citizens they represent and if they do they are most certainly ridiculed and marginalized in some respect by agents in the media and the lapdog political class.   

Post of the decade! Very well said. 

• Agree 1