Oooh, this looks SO cool - let's take a picture!

\GoBillsInDallas/

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

There's usually one person a year that dies in the gorge, typically a Cornell student that can't handle the pressure.  

...or his beer.

This guy had to be drunk, right?

I bet he made it maybe half way up, slipped, got a bad hit to the head on the rocks on his way down, and then drowned...as he was in the water unconscious.

They got to him too late to alter the outcome.

When people decide it's time to wrestle with Mother Nature, Mother Nature almost always wins, you know?

47 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Photos from the tops of waterfalls aren't usually very impressive anyway.  All you really see is the brink

There's one in the Adirondacks, T-Lake Falls, that when you're at the top, it looks like a gentle slope down.  But once you reach a certain point going down, it's too late and there is a very good chance you're going to slide down to your death.  

1 hour ago, teef said:

the organic chem final will always kill you.  they had to rescue a girl from a gorge in letchworth the other day as well.  i assumed she stepped over a wall to take a pic and fell in.  

I'd rather do an organic chem final every day than a single P-Chem exam.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

the organic chem final will always kill you.  they had to rescue a girl from a gorge in letchworth the other day as well.  i assumed she stepped over a wall to take a pic and fell in.  

I managed to squeak out a C in O-chem back in the day. Good thing Cs get degrees! (Did drop it one semester though and re take it over the summer because I had heard it was “easier” 😈)

It just takes practice!  Someday we will be kayaking Niagara Falls as a class 5 cataract. NF has a 66% survival rate.  Just don't hit a pesky rock at the bottom. Keep your head up Tua kinda thing I suppose!

https://www.magickayak.com/can-you-kayak-off-niagara-falls/

"...Between 1901 and 1995, 15 people went over the falls; 10 of them survived. Among those who died were Jesse Sharp, who took the plunge in a kayak in 1990, and Robert Overcracker, who used a jet ski in 1995. ..."

fsFtFCYTBTz9iuHTrSnd9t-1024x576.webp

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd rather do an organic chem final every day than a single P-Chem exam.

i only had to the orgo, but p-chem sounds awful.  

6 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I managed to squeak out a C in O-chem back in the day. Good thing Cs get degrees! (Did drop it one semester though and re take it over the summer because I had heard it was “easier” 😈)

I thought i was going to study abroad one semester, so i took it during the summer at U of R.  it's not that it was easier, but rather it was the only class i took that session, making it a lot more manageable.  i didn't find it hard, but i had to practice a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.