Lets talk about the 3 big firsts today.

PrimeTime101

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Hamlin is 4.6 at pro day

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Damar&l=Hamlin&i=30474

Poyer is 4.54

Hyde 4.56

Hamlin is a touch slower

I see he had a 4.63 but I thought it was a 4.53...my fault...

It does say that he has elite burst tho, with a 1.46 10 yard dash time, which is in the 98th percentile for DBs

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I see he had a 4.63 but I thought it was a 4.53...my fault...

It does say that he has elite burst tho, with a 1.46 10 yard dash time, which is in the 98th percentile for DBs

its easy to get confused to these players. I would agree he is quick not fast I would argue with most there is a difference :D but yea GG Turk!

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Elam gets his first INT

Shakir gets his first TD

Cook gets his first TD.

Future is looking bright!

Good looking draft class.  Plus:   Benford pushed his way into the lineup.  Bernard is learning and got some reps.  Baylon Spector too.  

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Yet another draft that Beane and company absolutely smashed.

There's been many games this year that it seems Beane deserves the primary game ball. Besides the Josh pic and Diggs trade (minor stuff, right?), the depth is crazy good this year! So many injuries without losing a step. Coaches obviously deserve praise too.

Morris was like 2 inches away from getting his first TD too. And there was a play where Josh was looking for Hodgins to get his. 

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Good looking draft class.  Plus:   Benford pushed his way into the lineup.  Bernard is learning and got some reps.  Baylon Spector too.  

Bernard is a pretty small dude. I kept seeing him on the field and I was like “is that our backup slot corner?”

9 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I had mentioned during the game that Shakir and Cook both had their first TDs today. Good call on Elam, forgot about that. He had a pretty rough day otherwise, Pickens was getting open on him all day. Overall I think he's gonna be a good one but there'll be days like today for sure 

Shakir lives up to his scouting reports. He doesn't wow you with any one thing he does but he does everything very well. He's slippery out there, good vision and just finds lanes to get thru, and then going up and snagging that one up the seam, really good stuff from him today. Bummer he made all the tough grabs but dropped the gimme haha.

And great run by Cook, he saw it and went and the line did their job as close to perfect as you can considering nobody touched him from 24 yards out. They're still working him in slowly but if he keeps taking advantage of the opportunities he'll definitely be on the field more. 

Elam really did not have a "rough day". Pickens made one contested catch against him on a deep ball from the chuck and hope from Pickett. You would hope he makes a play on that but every now and then a receiver will come up with one. 

The other plays he "gave up" were plays where he kept it infront of him and immediately made the tackle. This defense is designed in a way where occasionally your corners will "give up" those plays. Especially when the Bills play most of the game with a lead and are in soft zone allowing underneath completions if the offense wants them.

2 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Elam was terrible today!  Pickett threw his way 75% of his passes thrown.  Couldn't close on receivers and his tackling was awful.

Clown take.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Elam really did not have a "rough day". Pickens made one contested catch against him on a deep ball from the chuck and hope from Pickett. You would hope he makes a play on that but every now and then a receiver will come up with one. 

The other plays he "gave up" were plays where he kept it infront of him and immediately made the tackle. This defense is designed in a way where occasionally your corners will "give up" those plays. Especially when the Bills play most of the game with a lead and are in soft zone allowing underneath completions if the offense wants them.

Clown take.

I heard Elam’s interview postgame and was impressed. The question he got was about his INT, but all he talked about was how disappointed he was that he didn’t play better - that he had practiced well but didn’t play well, and he knows he needs to improve. He sounded disappointed. I think he’ll be fine with that kind of attitude. 

9 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Elam was terrible today!  Pickett threw his way 75% of his passes thrown.  Couldn't close on receivers and his tackling was awful.

I saw Elam get picked on because we didnt have a #1 CB on the field.

Rookies get picked on a ton.. its the nature of the game.

For any sins he made during the game, that int made up for it.

The dude is still trying to catch up to NFL speed. he got thrown into the fire... is what it is

15 hours ago, Process said:

Hodgins first career catch too right?

yea we up to like 6 firsts now. good day to be a Buffalo Bill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.