Pickens catch/no catch along sidelines

Big Turk

Was I the only one who was screaming at Nantz and Romo as they kept wondering aloud why that wasn't a catch and urging the Steelers to challenge?

How do these announcers see so many games live, get paid to know things like why that wasn't a catch(basic rules) and STILL never seem to know these things??

It wasn't a catch because a hand being down DOES NOT count towards determining whether a player is in bounds or not. Has to be feet or a body part(wrist, elbow, butt, knee, etc)

He clearly had one foot down in bounds and then his elbow came down out of bounds.

Clear no catch. Easy rule to know. How do these announcers not know basic rules when they are paid to know this stuff??

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Was I the only one who was screaming at Nantz and Romo as they kept wondering aloud why that wasn't a catch and urging the Steelers to challenge?

How do these announcers see so many games live, get paid to know things like why that wasn't a catch(basic rules) and STILL never seem to know these things??

It wasn't a catch because a hand being down DOES NOT count towards determining whether a player is in bounds or not. Has to be feet or a body part(wrist, elbow, butt, knee, etc)

He clearly had one foot down in bounds and then his elbow came down out of bounds.

Clear no catch. Easy rule to know. How do these announcers not know basic rules when they are paid to know this stuff??

you’re way too concerned over this. They missed the call in real time. Big deal. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I'd guess that most of us knew the rule and were rolling our eyes, but that yes, you were the only one screaming. 

I get pretty animated during Bills games 🤣

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

you’re way too concerned over this. They missed the call in real time. Big deal. 

No, then when they showed the replay they doubled down, which is where I was like seriously??

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Sorry...I take pride in doing my job and I don't make 17 million a year. Not sure why they can't take pride in theirs.

Sometimes people make mistakes on the job.

I'm sure you've never left the fries in the fryer a bit too long. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

Just now, Simon said:

Sometimes people make mistakes on the job.

I'm sure you've never left the fries in the fryer a bit too long. 🤷‍♂️

Actually I haven't...never worked in a place with a fryer.

May have forgot to comment a line of code before I pushed it up tho.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Haha, OK, I can be a little anal on some things

Eh Romo was on everyones nerves hyping up Pickett at the beginning of the game I think. Like is this a Bills home game or what? The talking up of the guy before he even threw a ball was nauseating. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.