Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

37 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Thursday night football usually features games that aren't very good...

Short preparation for it and players still hurting from a game a few days earlier usually leads to lackluster game experiences...

Yesterday was no exception...boring game

The only scheduled shame that might be good is ravens at Tampa and maybe Dallas and the Titans the last week . Bills have to play at New England later in the year on Thursday 

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Very Classy thing to say when the guy was carried off on a stretcher...

I never talked about that. I was talking about his play...

Stop with the bull####. Making things up isn't "classy"

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Good to know where the Dolphins organization stands on the seriousness of concussions 

McDaniel is an absolute moron. 

Well they don't stand highly on Tua to begin with. They tried to get rid of him every chance they got.

Edited by TBBills

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

5. Other than the offensive line the other argument I saw for a regression from the Cincinnati this season was that their corners were going to revert to the mean. They got really good play out of Chi Awuzie and Eli Apple last year that was not consistent with their careers to that point. They look more like the guys I remember so far in 2022. 

The Bengals defense is a mixed bag thus far. Hard to gauge them properly with the level of offenses they have played which includes a lot of back up level QB's. At the same time the offense has really put them in bad situations most of the season with all of the sacks taken and giveaways. As of now, they are slightly ahead of where they were in ranking last year in terms of ppg and ypg given up. 

15 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

The tape of his head slamming against the turf after Milano pushed him, and his groggy reaction and subsequent collapse, is evidence of a concussion, no matter what he said or even thought at the time. 

It is very possible that he passed the protocol but still had a concussion. 

If this is a nothingburger, why was the NFLPA investigating it even before the horrific concussion with full fencing response yesterday?

So you are saying that you, watching on TV, knew better than an independent neurologist who undertook an examination? That's fine if that is your position. I'm not going to say that. The NFLPA is entitled to investigate, and I understand why they did that, because of how it looked. But so far there is absolutely no suggestion that the protocol was not followed entirely properly and that there was any suggestion that Tua didn't pass the independent neurologist examination. 

45 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

By being a one-read rhythm passer. If that read isn't there, the play goes off-script, but he mainly stays locked in on where the ball was supposed to go, like what happened on the stretchering.

Bills were coming off a short week and kicked the Dolphins up and down the field. Delusional fins fans applaud their team for not needing as many offensive plays to win. Yeah, that might work out once in a while, but it doesn't make you a juggernaut.

Plus, they shouldn't have won the game vs Balt. Miami isn't that good. A fringe playoff team. 

20 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I never talked about that. I was talking about his play...

Stop with the bull####. Making things up isn't "classy"

Well they don't stand highly on Tua to begin with. They tried to get rid of him every chance they got.

Why are you ripping on his play when he literally just suffered a serious neck and head injury?

Doesn't seem appropriate at all, but stay classy sir 

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, sabres431 said:

For our medical experts in here:  Isn't travelling home(especially flying) immediately after a serious concussion generally frowned upon?

I'm almost positive Tua signed himself out of the hospital. There is little chance the trauma hospital unit discharged him on his own. No way no how would they take on that kind of liability. He would be at least observed overnight at the hospital. Yet, McDaniel gets on the podium and talks about how things are "rosey" for Tua. That guy is going to get him killed or seriously injured. The NFL doesn't care. If they did Tua would have never played yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So you are saying that you, watching on TV, knew better than an independent neurologist who undertook an examination? That's fine if that is your position. I'm not going to say that. The NFLPA is entitled to investigate, and I understand why they did that, because of how it looked. But so far there is absolutely no suggestion that the protocol was not followed entirely properly and that there was any suggestion that Tua didn't pass the independent neurologist examination. 

And the question, as posed by Richard Sherman during the Amazon post-game, is whether Tua lied about it being his back and if the team doctor went along with the story bc of how important the game was to them. 

I'm no doctor, but I understand logic. A player can not pass protocol and reenter a game if he demonstrates loss of motor control following a head injury. 

What tests did they do to prove it was his back that caused him to fall to the ground? How did they rule out that his loss of motor control was caused by his head slamming to the ground? 

At this point, they don't get to appeal to their authority as medical doctors. This isn't a "bc I said so and I'm a doctor" situation. They have to answer some tough questions, and I for one have doubts by about their integrity. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Why are you ripping on his play when he literally just suffered a serious neck and head injury?

Doesn't seem appropriate at all, but stay classy sir 

B.c that is what he is judged on. Why do you keep talking about his injury which is just a concussion according to McDaniels. 

How about you stop trolling.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

And the question, as posed by Richard Sherman during the Amazon post-game, is whether Tua lied about it being his back and if the team doctor went along with the story bc of how important the game was to them. 

I'm no doctor, but I understand logic. A player can not pass protocol and reenter a game if he demonstrates loss of motor control following a head injury. 

What tests did they do to prove it was his back that caused him to fall to the ground? How did they rule out that his loss of motor control was caused by his head slamming to the ground? 

At this point, they don't get to appeal to their authority as medical doctors. This isn't a "bc I said so and I'm a doctor" situation. They have to answer some tough questions, and I for one have doubts by about their integrity. 

But the Dolphins doctor does not have the power to stop the independent neurologist at the game from carrying out an examination. So unless someone is suggesting that examination did not happen or its conclusions were ignored then what would be the basis for action?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

But the Dolphins doctor does not have the power to stop the independent neurologist at the game from carrying out an examination. So unless someone is suggesting that examination did not happen or its conclusions were ignored then what would be the basis for action?

The team doctor can go to the independent neurologist and insist that there was no loss of motor control caused by head injury, simply bc Tua said so. 

And unless the independent neurologist finds clear symptoms of concussion that meet the "no go" rules other than loss of motor control, he can't keep him out of the game unless he overrules the team doctor in regards to the loss of motor control. 

So the question is, what kind of pressure did the Dolphins team doctor apply to the independent neurologist to rule it a back injury? More to the point, how independent are they? 

I think the NFLPA and the general public demand to know. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

the examination should include history and physical.  The history was pretty damning.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

The team doctor can go to the independent neurologist and insist that there was no loss of motor control caused by head injury, simply bc Tua said so. 

And unless the independent neurologist finds clear symptoms of concussion that meet the "no go" rules other than loss of motor control, he can't keep him out of the game unless he overrules the team doctor in regards to the loss of motor control. 

So the question is, what kind of pressure did the Dolphins team doctor apply to the independent neurologist to rule it a back injury? More to the point, how independent are they? 

I think the NFLPA and the general public demand to know. 

I absolutely agree that they demand to know and it absolutely should be investigated. But if what we are suggesting is that the neurologist allowed himself to be pressured by the Dolphins doctors then we have a professional conduct issue quite apart from an NFL process issue. 

I will repeat if the Dolphins in ANY way sought to circumnavigate the protocol I would fine them heavily. Strip them of all their draft picks for two years and make them play 4 home games on neutral sites. It needs a strong message sending. I would consider that outrageous. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The syrupy feel good love in for the Dolphins coach last night on the TV broadcast was beyond ridiculous. Why are we constantly subjected to these types of feel good cheesy stories throughout national games?. They played that clip of Mc Daniel talking to Tua on the phone as some glowing example of how much he cares about him. Almost like he would never expose a player to a serious injury to just win a football game. Then as if on cue, Tua is badly injured afterwards on what looked like an innocuous hit (by NFL standards) which seems like a very large coincidence.  Instead of really talking about it in a critical way Michaels and his co host just brushed it off as an unfortunate circumstance that seemed to come out of nowhere?! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

B.c that is what he is judged on. Why do you keep talking about his injury which is just a concussion according to McDaniels. 

How about you stop trolling.

Not trolling at all Just think it's inappropriate given the circumstances and kicking a guy when he's down.

But anyways, you do you.

Have a good day 

11 hours ago, gflande1 said:

It does look pretty spectacular tonight, so it very well could be. Amazon has done a great job so far, I have had no issues this season. 

was able to access feed info from my tv in postgame show.  Confirmed 2160p so it looks like it was 4k.  also found this:  https://help.fox.com/s/article/Will-Thursday-Night-Football-be-available-in-SDR-HDR-or-HLG

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

3. The concern for Miami without Tua would be that I don't think McDaniel has yet got the run game going which is something of a surprise. They run well enough to open up the play action and RPO game, but I am not sure Teddy Bridgewater is going to be capable of making as many of those big chunk plays as Tua has the first 3 weeks and their passing game isn't consistent enough to dink and dunk without the run game contributing. 

4. For all that, things are not rosy in Bengal land either. Their offense is increasingly boom or bust. For the most part last night it was big play to Tee Higgins or punt. They need to work in more Hayden Hurst and Tyler Boyd underneath at some point and Joe Mixon is finding no holes in the run game. Thing are still not clicking there for me, despite the offensive line at least getting to average last night for the first time this season. 

I think Tua is better suited for McDaniel's offense than Bridgewater. It seems neither the Bengals nor the Dolphins can consistently move down the field in a "dink and dunk" fashion and, to this point in the season, both seem to live and die by the big play.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think Tua is better suited for McDaniel's offense than Bridgewater. It seems neither the Bengals nor the Dolphins can consistently move down the field in a "dink and dunk" fashion and, to this point in the season, both seem to live and die by the big play.

I think you said that better in two lines than my waffle 😃

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.