Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

16 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

As much as I’d like to agree, I don’t. Unfortunately for us, Miami still has a weak schedule (while 3 of our next 4 games are against the Ravens, Chiefs, and Packers), and McDaniel will easily be able to deflect since his MVP QB went out with an injury. 

Also Miami might have a QB problem if Tua remains out

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'd agree that Miami is better with Bridgewater than Tua. 

When it comes to throwing more than 20 yards I would agree.   Otherwise, no. Tua has been doing a good job this year at quick shots to move the chains.   His deep ball and pocket awareness are the worst part of his game. 

His rare deep ball has been successful but wasn't going to be sustainable. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think he's in the 14 to 18 range.  Fast processor.  Accurate.  Average arm strength and mobility.

I think McDaniel has done a nice job bringing in an offense more suited to Tua and surrounding him with weapons like Hill and Waddell. 

No disrespect intended to our WRs but could you imagine Josh having Hill and Waddell to throw to ?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Shouldn't be any turbulence issues in the vicinity of Florida ...

For real.  I just want to say, the older I get, the more cautious I've become.

It's one thing to get released from the hospital after this and go home and have someone watching you.

For me, it's a completely different thing to leave, get on an airplane, and if something goes wrong....................!

911 won't help at 35,000 ft.  Doctors or not, I would be nervous.

34 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think McDaniel has done a nice job bringing in an offense more suited to Tua and surrounding him with weapons like Hill and Waddell. 

No disrespect intended to our WRs but could you imagine Josh having Hill and Waddell to throw to ?

That speed is hard to deny , or duplicate.  We really could use someone like Waddell.   We beat teams with routes and scheme, so some great speed would be a plus. Maybe they need to give cook some reps out as a receiver ? Drafted the guy , use him. 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, appoo said:

After seeing what Tua looked like on the field it is mind boggling that he’s being released and sent back on the team plane.

literally unbelievable 

What is more unbelievable is the complete shock of the media about such an injury, as if we had no prior indication that Tua might have a susceptibility to having a (more intensive) head injury so soon after his (not really a) back injury four ***** days ago.

This whole Twitterverse outpouring of "OH NOEZ how unprecedented and how unexpected we are praying for U nobody could have seen this coming how sad" makes me retch. Everybody with a willingness to accept the images being shuttled through their optic nerve since Sunday saw this coming.

• Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I think he said it after the half.  I'll have to watch the replay to see if I heard him right.

Re: Al Michael's comment, he said Tua asked coach (as he was being taken off on stretcher), what happened on the play, eg: complete or incomplete pass.

The comment was made in regard that Tua was not only conscious, but also had his barrings to engage in conversation with his coach.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Mike McDaniels is full of *****.

I actually like this guy.  I think he is being honest. He is kind of nerdy , and I don’t see him being malicious enough to pit Tua in if Drs told him to keep him out.   Fins are in good hands , unfortunately.   But I at least like the guy compared to a creep like Belicheck

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.