Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

At least Levy took the Bills to the Super Bowl. MCD can't even be the team to the AFC championship game. 

We could do what the Lions did with Caldwell...roll the dice by firing a reliable solid head coach and screw the franchise for years to come! 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Knock the ball down. Poyer Hyde would have yelled this up coaching too but our coaches are PAID handsomely. 

I frankly shouldn’t be able to yell at my TV before and see awareness mistakes.

I frankly have no idea how to coach but

4 times I yelled big deals pre snap.   

I yelled kick the FG and that mistake is owned by McD. 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

At least Levy took the Bills to the Super Bowl. MCD can't even be the team to the AFC championship game. 

You probably forgot that we did go to the AFCCG but we didn’t show up.  But it’s not the head coach despite KC brining the same edge pressure over and over again and our HC, a former DC not being able to adjust or call it out.  

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Forgive me for interrupting the anti-McD circlejerk here, but he ain't going anywhere barring a complete collapse, like a 6-11 record collapse. 

Besides, he doesn't call offense, which Dorsey does. 

Whether he goes anywhere or not...we aren't getting to the SB with him as coach.

Better enjoy being good enough to be a contender that isn't really a contender

Just now, BeastMaster said:

Whether he goes anywhere or not...we aren't getting to the SB with him as coach.

Better enjoy being good enough to be a contender that isn't really a contender

So let's fire him and gamble that we don't hire another Marrone/Rex Ryan that could set the franchise into another drought. Great! 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We could do what the Lions did with Caldwell...roll the dice by firing a reliable solid head coach and screw the franchise for years to come! 

This is the worst mindset IMO

Scared to be worse, so accept not being good enough

Just now, Roundybout said:

So let's fire him and gamble that we don't hire another Marrone/Rex Ryan that could set the franchise into another drought. Great! 

This team has way too much talent for that 

Coaches would be lined up to Canada to coach Allen and company

This isn't your old Bills

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Beane is too smart for that. You have to look for a proven coach that has won and is offensive minded. Look at the KC offense. They throw the ball to everyone. You never know who is going to score. Bills don't utilize their offensive players. Where was Guilliam, Hines, Shakir, etc...I digress. No one is saying McD sucks what many are saying is he's flawed and unlikely to lead the team to winning the Super Bowl or even going there. If there's a coach who is available such as Peyton etc I'd advocate a serious look at him 

5 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

This is the worst mindset IMO

Scared to be worse, so accept not being good enough

This team has way too much talent for that 

Coaches would be lined up to Canada to coach Allen and company

This isn't your old Bills

We need to have a reckoning with the talent on this team. I believe it's massively overrated. Top-10 for sure, but not immortal. 

Beane is too smart for that. You have to look for a proven coach that has won and is offensive minded. Look at the KC offense. They throw the ball to everyone. You never know who is going to score. Bills don't utilize their offensive players. Where was Guilliam, Hines, Shakir, etc...I digress. No one is saying McD sucks what many are saying is he's flawed and unlikely to lead the team to winning the Super Bowl or even going there. If there's a coach who is available such as Peyton etc I'd advocate a serious look at him 

How is any of what you wrote on McD, who coaches defense? It's on Dorsey's overwhelmed head. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

The Buffalo Bills aren’t going into a drought if they potentially fire Sean McDermott at the end of the season. Those teams didn’t have QB Josh Allen. So what we keep Sean McDermott forever regardless of his poor decision making as a head coach because we are afraid of hiring Doug Marrone or Rex Ryan? I am not saying fire Sean McDermott now but if team doesn’t make the Super Bowl Sean McDermott job status at the very least needs to be looked at season end in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Thing I like most about McD and Beane is the culture and atmosphere that they’ve created here in Buffalo.

Is McD as good a coach as Bill Belichick? No, but he’s created a positive environment for his players, coaches and staff to thrive in. And as far as McD vs the field goes, you can do a lot, I repeat, A LOT worse than having Sean McD as your HC.

The one thing that must get worked out though is our problems on offense, but I believe that McD/Beane deserve every chance under the sun to right that ship. Dorsey may grow into that role, he may not.

For me, he blew the game in 13 seconds. His leash should be very tight thereafter... 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

For me, he blew the game in 13 seconds. His leash should be very tight thereafter... 

McD is a good coach, not a great one. The Bills would benefit greatly if we got the next Sean McVay, but there is a certain risk involved with us ending up with someone worse than McD. I’d be willing to roll bones on the right coach.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills aren’t going into a drought if they potentially fire Sean McDermott at the end of the season. Those teams didn’t have QB Josh Allen. So what we keep Sean McDermott forever regardless of his poor decision making as a head coach because we are afraid of hiring Doug Marrone or Rex Ryan? I am not saying fire Sean McDermott now but if team doesn’t make the Super Bowl Sean McDermott job status at the very least needs to be looked at season end in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I agree his seat will be warm. 

18 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Why the binary?  Fire McD or hire two bad coaches.  Coaches would be tripping over themselves to coach this team. Also,  Beane tends to make great decisions. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We need to have a reckoning with the talent on this team. I believe it's massively overrated. Top-10 for sure, but not immortal. 

How is any of what you wrote on McD, who coaches defense? It's on Dorsey's overwhelmed head. 

If the OC you had in your building as Dabolls understudy for years is overwhelmed...than you didn't make the right choice by making him your OC...the guy working with your franchise QB to run this offense.

McD can try to use him as the scapegoat if this season goes south, but that would be really weak on his part.

• Like (+1) 1

I think he overthinks everything.

Don’t get why Duke Johnson is activated today, also don’t understand why he’s on the field on 4th and 2…. Why do we need all these RBs when we don’t run the ball? Why do we trade for a player and give more opportunities to a guy off our PS? 

Why are we trying to end game well before the clock hits zero? McD would not pass up going up 13 with 11 minutes left in the past. 

The fact that McD didn’t roll out Allen and tell him to throw it away if he couldn’t make it to the line of scrimmage is beyond me. It’s the #1 reason why I’m officially done with his dumb antics. If we aren’t calling up Payton to see if he is remotely interested next season, then I’m not sure we will every win a Super Bowl with Allen and we will have wasted elite QB talent with a good window of opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.