Jump to content

Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)


Alphadawg7
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think the reason we have bashed him, is because he simply hasn't played well the last two years in a lot of our minds.

 

I am not an Edmunds fan, but I think he has played well the first two weeks.

 

It's not like us fans "hate him".  It's just we wanna see more and I don't think it's that unreasonable to say that

 

There is a reason why the Bills haven't extended him yet while other guys drafted after him are getting extensions. They clearly also want to see more. (Just like us fans)

 

So let's hope he can keep Up this good play

 

Lets just try not to turn this into, "I'm right vs your wrong" and polarize Edmunds even more.

 

At the end of the day we all want to see Edmunds succeed.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Lol, you do realize PFF doesn't even have his stats added in from the second game right?  It shows him with 10 tackles, he had 10 tackles in just the Rams game.  So yeah, your list is wrong.  Not to mention, its not really a 1-32 ranking, its some ranking (again off incomplete data) and then some smaller group rankings with tiers where they list the first few only in that alleged tier.  But again, all off incorrect data.  

 

Poster asked you to list 35 guys better than him...you couldn't, found an inaccurate data list, didn't check it...then posted it.  If you are going to claim X number are better than him, then you better be able cite every single person YOU are ranking ahead of him.  Otherwise you're just BS'ing a bunch of nonsense.  

What are you talking about? This list is dated May 24, 2022.

Start over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because I'm a glutton for punishment: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-32-nfl-linebackers-2022/

Edmunds was a hot top-20 guy for folks that liked his athleticism and were willing to write 2020 off as an anomaly, and then he followed it up with an equally terrible 2021.

I'm not going to erase 4 seasons of gross underachievement because of 2 games where our entire defense demolished the other team. I don't even care if he balls out all year. It's too late. Let him be this year's Albert Haynesworth.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because I'm a glutton for punishment: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-32-nfl-linebackers-2022/

Edmunds was a hot top-20 guy for folks that liked his athleticism and were willing to write 2020 off as an anomaly, and then he followed it up with an equally terrible 2021.

I'm not going to erase 4 seasons of gross underachievement because of 2 games where our entire defense demolished the other team. I don't even care if he balls out all year. It's too late. Let him be this year's Albert Haynesworth.

harsh
 But reasonably so
McD still love him so much.
 keeping hope alive he just gets beasty and starts destroying RB coming out of the back field and fools who try shallow crossers in front of him.

 Just let our DBs know he is going to play head down football and stand clear while he comes downhill

😋
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because I'm a glutton for punishment: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-32-nfl-linebackers-2022/

Edmunds was a hot top-20 guy for folks that liked his athleticism and were willing to write 2020 off as an anomaly, and then he followed it up with an equally terrible 2021.

I'm not going to erase 4 seasons of gross underachievement because of 2 games where our entire defense demolished the other team. I don't even care if he balls out all year. It's too late. Let him be this year's Albert Haynesworth.

Well there better be another player available that does what McDermott wants him to do in this defense if that is the case what’s your suggestion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well there better be another player available that does what McDermott wants him to do in this defense if that is the case what’s your suggestion

A good LB with Edmunds' traits will only be available in the 1st or 2nd rd, I imagine. He'd need to be the pick at 32.

 

If that's what the Bills want, I'm not against it, but it will need to be that early pick.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Will this Edmunds thread reach the same amount of pages as the Araiza thread?

that thread is at 299 pages.

 

There's no way. No ***** way. You're crazy man, crazy.

 

John Travolta Danny GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

A good LB with Edmunds' traits will only be available in the 1st or 2nd rd, I imagine. He'd need to be the pick at 32.

 

If that's what the Bills want, I'm not against it, but it will need to be that early pick.

that thread is at 299 pages.

 

There's no way. No ***** way. You're crazy man, crazy.

 

John Travolta Danny GIF


Yeah but Edmunds will be here the entire season.  Any missed tackle, wrong gap filled is at least 75 pages worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:


Yeah but Edmunds will be here the entire season.  Any missed tackle, wrong gap filled is at least 75 pages worth.

Probably.

 

Edmunds getting a new contract mid-season would be 750 pages worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eball said:

I count at least three “splash” plays from Monday night: sack of Tannehill, TFL on Henry, and the outstanding deflection that led to Poyer’s INT.

 

 

He actually had 2 tackles for loss as well as the sack and the pass defense that you mention. That matches the best "splash play" line of his career thus far which came in the Seahawks game of 2020. 

 

As I said earlier, there is a strong argument that the last 6 Quarters he has played have been the most consistent consecutive quarters of high level football in his career. If Tremaine keeps playing like this the Bills will absolutely find a way to extend him. I am convinced that them letting him play on the option was a signal of "look Tremaine we like you but we need to see more consistency from you - if you want to stay here you gotta go out there and earn it." 

 

So far, so good. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

He actually had 2 tackles for loss as well as the sack and the pass defense that you mention. That matches the best "splash play" line of his career thus far which came in the Seahawks game of 2020. 

 

As I said earlier, there is a strong argument that the last 6 Quarters he has played have been the most consistent consecutive quarters of high level football in his career. If Tremaine keeps playing like this the Bills will absolutely find a way to extend him. I am convinced that them letting him play on the option was a signal of "look Tremaine we like you but we need to see more consistency from you - if you want to stay here you gotta go out there and earn it." 

 

So far, so good. 

 

My main criticism of Edmunds in the past has been his lack of play-making in the middle. No TFLs, tipped passes, INTs, etc. And when compared to his counterpart, Luke Kuechly was such a playmaker it made him look even worse. I've always been waiting for him to look anything like Kuechly.

 

In separate conversations about McD and his DL rotation, it was noted that he rotated heavily in Carolina as well, UNTIL he had better DLinemen and then the rotation rate dropped.

 

As I look back, it would seem the improved DL coincided with Kuechly's addition and performance.

 

Maybe what we've been waiting for is the DL to get to the level that McD's Defense requires, in order to free up the MLB who has a ridiculous amount of responsibilities in that scheme as well.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think the reason we have bashed him, is because he simply hasn't played well the last two years in a lot of our minds.

 

I am not an Edmunds fan, but I think he has played well the first two weeks.

 

It's not like us fans "hate him".  It's just we wanna see more and I don't think it's that unreasonable to say that

 

There is a reason why the Bills haven't extended him yet while other guys drafted after him are getting extensions. They clearly also want to see more. (Just like us fans)

 

So let's hope he can keep Up this good play

 

Lets just try not to turn this into, "I'm right vs your wrong" and polarize Edmunds even more.

 

At the end of the day we all want to see Edmunds succeed.

 

Criticism is fair of any player when its warranted, and Edmunds has had his share of fair criticism.  But, the Edmunds hate has surpassed Whitner levels around here at times to where he would have a good game and the same people would yet again start another thread bashing him.  Edmunds has made 2 pro bowls, 5th in the NFL in tackles since entering the league, the captain of a top ranked defense, constant praise from his teammates, staff, and peers...his play hasn't been so bad that 200 threads need to be started a season committed to trashing him.  

 

He has had things he needed to improve...no doubt.  He hasn't been perfect...no doubt.  But he also has not been a total train wreck like so many people here like to portray.  

 

And now Edmunds contract is a looming decision for this team, so how he plays this year is what it is really going to come down to.  And even though I started this thread, I do NOT think he has automatically earned his next deal.  Based on what the expected market is going to be for him, I think like most people, we need to see more from him and more consistent impact plays before he even becomes a consideration to resign (unless he was to take a team friendly deal that is more affordable than we expect).  And even if he has a great season, still doesn't even mean we can afford to resign him with other deals also looming and a tight cap.  

 

But the only point of this thread was to point out his improved play so far this season, and something to keep an eye on.  As a TSW whipping boy, he earned at least one thread that recognized that his good play on the field has been noticed.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Alphadawg7 changed the title to Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...