From the Department of Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Takes

Beck Water

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

got to be out of context

completely out of context. the rest of his speech was about JA's smart decision making, precision, and taking what the defense gives him instead of trying to force the ball. i didn't have any issues with it, he was just trying to find a funny way to note JA's maturation as a qb. which is all true.

Allen is getting extreme, almost suspicious ball-washing lately. Like a script went out around the media that it's time to make Allen a superstar. 

I think this nonsense is just some of the dopes in the media not yet knowing anything about Allen or the Bills but needing to talk them up. But by the end of the year they'll all be Bills experts. Until the next narrative comes through their email. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

What's weird is negative takes on Josh Allen don't even bother me anymore. He will have bad games but he is the bringer of despair for the opposing team. 

As Rich Eisen says "Josh Allen is coming for your soul."

Andre the giant said something very similar whilst playing the part of the dread pirate Roberts, dressed in a holocaust robe…, Rich Eisen plagiarized that line…, just sayin, 😁👍

• Beck Water changed the title to From the Department of Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Takes
8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He praises Josh and predicts his play Thursday can bring a Championship.

His opening comment was more a stupid joke.

Thanks for posting this.

I see it.

You listen to the whole thing and he's not being the least bit negative about Allen. But yeah, expressed himself very badly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Allen is getting extreme, almost suspicious ball-washing lately. Like a script went out around the media that it's time to make Allen a superstar. 

I think this nonsense is just some of the dopes in the media not yet knowing anything about Allen or the Bills but needing to talk them up. But by the end of the year they'll all be Bills experts. Until the next narrative comes through their email. 

Or more likely, Allen has been so obviously good it's been pretty much impossible to ignore unless you are an obvious troll like Skip Bayless or his apprentice, Nick Wright.

(I do realize the original comment was mostly kidding.)

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

ESPN targets certain demographics.  These viewers are not exactly the most productive members of society. 😄

Same as Verizon. Had salesman call trying to have me add tier and argument was that tier has ESPN, best channel for sports talk.  I told them I was actually planning on cancelling my tier carrying NFLN because price went up and NFLN no longer carries any live regular season games which is why I signed up for it.   He hung up before I could ask to be transferred to customer service to remove tier.

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Here's the whole clip @Beck Water

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YT93lN0w07o

Just fyi

Thanks for posting this.

Other than the potty remark which was dumb I thought he was complimentary of Josh and I agreed with his analysis.

It's going to be Josh taking the short passes and feeding his running backs that leads us to championship. Taking what the defense gives him.

Not every pass has to be a 50 yard shot downfield to get a touchdown 

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine a context in which "he looked like a baby that's finally learned to potty" is an appropriate take for one of the best QBs in the league coming off a major victory where he spent most of the game in Sicko Mode

As bad as his take was, he was trying to say Allens command of the offense was such that he, “has it” now or aka he can potty now. Horrible I know, but this was the take in full context. 

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Thanks for posting this.

Other than the potty remark which was dumb I thought he was complimentary of Josh and I agreed with his analysis.

It's going to be Josh taking the short passes and feeding his running backs that leads us to championship. Taking what the defense gives him.

Not every pass has to be a 50 yard shot downfield to get a touchdown 

I agree with you completely that taking those short passes and runs is the needed development from Josh to get us there  (though I couldn't get past the potty remark by the commentator, maybe that's just me)

Someone needs to persuade Josh to quit with all the runs, though.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine a context in which "he looked like a baby that's finally learned to potty" is an appropriate take for one of the best QBs in the league coming off a major victory where he spent most of the game in Sicko Mode

I dunno...the dude has raved about Allen for a while now and had him listed as his #1 QB this summer arguing with Acho on whatever show they do together.

Pretty sure whatever he must have meant to say wasn't what he said. He loves him some Allen.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

I dunno...the dude has raved about Allen for a while now and had him listed as his #1 QB this summer arguing with Acho on whatever show they do together.

Pretty sure whatever he must have meant to say wasn't what he said. He loves him some Allen.

This is correct. He started off with a poorly chosen metaphor and couldn't get out of it. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.