Satan

Kim Jong Ill

Milosevic

Kahn

Capone

Fish and Jet Fans :w00t:

I forgot to add - KEVIN GILBRIDE :o

Run the damn ball A.H!

look at what was done after that and what was passed on to Dubya..

Clinton struck them best he could with the intell he had.

He progressed the PSL recon with missle capabilities to desal with Terror....

But Bush shoved it aside. He ignored the intell. He was focused on Iraq. IDIOT AND WASTE.

HE SHOULD BE IMPEACHED. I am a republican, and I am disgusted with our party's radical and irresponsible actions.

dubya was totally centered on Iraq... (idiot) 100 BILLION Taxpayer dollars.

Clinton has his mistakes, but he had a plasn to take out Bin Laden (tech and Mil)

But Bush threw  it aside because he wanted an easy war to propell his party (Iraq).

100 BILLION taxpayer dollars for what!? A GOP boost?

He should be impeached.

336343[/snapback]

OK, on Clinton's watch, he had five major attacks on US non-military interests. Bush has had one and that was less than 8 months after he started the job. Basically his intel operatives would have had to be in place well before he was elected to provide any useful info before the WTC Bombing. That one was really on Clinton's watch, too.

As for Iraq, do you realize Bushes own father's administration didn't go to Bagdad because of the potential political mess it would make? He didn't go in to gain votes. Do you realize the terroists are too busy trying to stop a democracy, such as it is, in Iraq and Afganistan that they haven't been able to do anything in the US? Do you realize, potential wars against Iran and Syria can now be fought so either country would be forced to fight two fronts? Do you realize that Saudi Arabia is primed to become Iran, only 30 years later? Do you remember the jump in oil prices back then? Do you realize that limiting drilling for oil in Alaska makes the Middle East a bigger mess?

BTW, Boss Hogg came to mind, since it was Roscoe who asked... :o

Arvind Sloane on Alias is pretty good.

Darth Vader/James Earl Jones "evil empire" makes Star Wars what it is. The only other actor in those movies that could have stolen a scene from Vader was Harrison Ford, and I can't remember too many scenes with both Vader and Han Solo in them...

Mark Wholberg <SP?> was excellent in a movie called Fear. DeNiro in Cape Fear, and probably two or three other movies. Vincent Price in just about every movie he acted in...

and I can't remember too many scenes with both Vader and Han Solo in them...

336376[/snapback]

if memory serves me correctly, and given that my brain is fermenting in blood thats about 100 proof right about now, it may not be serving me well...

solo and vadar are only in 3 scenes together. the carbon chamber and the banquet hall, both in Empire Strikes Back and the trench run in A New Hope (when the Millenium Falcon shoots on of Vadar's wingmen, who goes out of control and clips Vadars TIE Advance)

tho i never really understood in ESB why (or how) Vadar sat down for a meal with Han/Leia/Chewy

if memory serves me correctly, and given that my brain is fermenting in blood thats about 100 proof right about now, it may not be serving me well...

solo and vadar are only in 3 scenes together.  the carbon chamber and the banquet hall, both in Empire Strikes Back and the trench run in A New Hope (when the Millenium Falcon shoots on of Vadar's wingmen, who goes out of control and clips Vadars TIE Advance)

tho i never really understood in ESB why (or how) Vadar sat down for a meal with Han/Leia/Chewy

336379[/snapback]

I was thinking they were in one of the trench runs... I have a horrible time remembering ESB for some reason... He is though, the best villian on screne.

For that matter, anyone from an alternate universe with a goatee

336088[/snapback]

:o

With one exception: Eric Cartman. Since the alternate universe w/ goatee version is always the opposite, the alternate universe Cartman was a great guy.

Most tragic villian of all time:

Organized religion (in any form).

It's saved more people than any other institution in human history but it has also killed more people than any other institution in human history.

Cortez and his North American holocaust.

336548[/snapback]

When you base your philosophy on Neil Young lyrics... oy.

200 Spaniards on horses obliterating a supposedly advanced civilization is not a tragedy, it's a comedy. Maybe it's time to can the touchy-feely multicultural crap we've been inundated with and just debate why that civilization was inevitably destined for the ash-heap of history (like the Moche and Maya before them).

When you base your philosophy on Neil Young lyrics... oy.

200 Spaniards on horses obliterating a supposedly advanced civilization is not a tragedy, it's a comedy. Maybe it's time to can the touchy-feely multicultural crap we've been inundated with and just debate why that civilization was inevitably destined for the ash-heap of history (like the Moche and Maya before them).

336565[/snapback]

Comedy is your ability to boil down historical facts into a simple fatalistic view point. Since their civilization was 'destined' to decline (a deep thought since every civilization inevitably rises and declines), you can just glaze over the terrible autrocities commited by Cortez and the likes during the Western advance into the New World?

I'm not saying I agree with the Cortez holocaust theory, but to deny the impact that the age of exploration had on reshaping the New World is just naive.

I think the clear leaders for most archetypical villain are:

Hitler, Satan, Darth Vader

I can't really say best villain for Hilter and Satan, maybe worst(?)....

I'll offer for consideration, Jade Fox (from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). She's the first woman we've mentioned. What does that say? Along these lines, I'll also throw out there the wicked witch of the west.

I think the clear leaders for most archetypical villain are:

Hitler, Satan, Darth Vader

I can't really say best villain for Hilter and Satan, maybe worst(?)....

I'll offer for consideration, Jade Fox (from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon).  She's the first woman we've mentioned.  What does that say?  Along these lines, I'll also throw out there the wicked witch of the west.

336655[/snapback]

Jade Fox was a rather lame villian, I thought. As female villians go...the Wicked Witch is a good one. So's Cruella de Ville. The witch in Snow White...really, all the good female villians are products of the mysognynistic Disney animation studios, if you think about it... :lol:

Real Life Villains:

Hitler

Stalin

Al Qaeda

Pol Pot

Castro (surprised no one has mentioned him yet)

Genghis Khan

Ivan the Terrible

Kim Jong Il

The Japanese scientists of Area 47

Movie Villains:

Darth Vader

Hannibal Lector

Keyser Soze

John Doe (Se7en)

Dracula

TV Villains:

Megatron (Damnit mcjeff215, you beat me to it)

Arvin Sloane (Alias)

Holtz (Angel)

The Mayor (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Q (Star Trek:TNG)

I'm sure there are plenty I am forgetting, but that's a good list I think.

Holtz (Angel)

The Mayor (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

336756[/snapback]

Holtz (and more so, Connor) was a waste of everyone's time.

Angelus was probably the best villian of the Buffy/Angel series.

Spike was probably the most entertaining. Very funny even after he got used to having a soul.

The Mayor certainly was humerous, but I could never take him seriously as a bad guy. Faith was more intimidating than him.