Excluding JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact - Bills at Rams

BillsFan619

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Buffalo / / Greg Rousseau, much has been made about the improvements to the D line and I think it unlocks Groot who had a solid B- type first year with some good plays. Von has taken him under his wing and I think with a year of seasoning and growth you see him become a force which helps keep the Rams passing attack from going wild as Stafford has limited time to throw

LAR / / Van Jefferson, he is an incredibly fast elusive receiver who had 800 yds, 50 rec, & 6 TDs last year. Much has been made about Kupp/Robinson for good reason, but Van Jefferson could be the real issue if the young BUF CB's lose coverage on him or because of scheme due to covering Kupp/Robinson I can see him becoming the difference for the Rams. This is also where Tre White not being here to shut down one of the two big guys on his own may hurt.

Not sure if you saw, but it's looking like Van Jefferson won't play: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/06/van-jefferson-remains-out-of-practice-for-the-rams/

Van Jefferson truly might be day-to-day, as coach Sean McVay said, but Tuesday was not the day.

The Rams’ receiver remained the only player on the roster not to practice as the team listed him as DNP yet again.

The Rams will give Jefferson a designation Wednesday, the day before the NFL’s season opener, but it seems unlikely he plays against the Bills.

Jefferson underwent “minor” knee surgery Aug. 2 after an earlier surgery on the same knee in the offseason. The Rams are taking a deliberate approach in his return, not wanting to rush him back into action, though they have not ruled him out of the season opener yet.

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m going to go with a defensive player…

Taron Johnson 

Agree with this. If he can shut down Kupp, we'll severely limit their offense. 

I'm hoping the Gabe Davis we saw in the AFCG is the Gabe Davis who shows up to play. You figure they'll play Ramsey on Diggs, so if Davis is one on one he could be in for a huge evening.

Another player who may have the biggest impact and I am cheating, is the trio of Saffold-Morse-Bates. If they can control Donald, Josh should have plenty of time to do his thing and put points on the board....if they cannot, Josh may be in for a very long night.

Edited by Your Brown Eye

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It doesn't sound like Van Jefferson will play.

I know he is questionable, if he doesn't for the Rams I would say Tyler Higbee could open targets with the attention needed for Robinson and Kupp which could be an issue on third down.

Tremaine Edmunds.

Need his width in the middle to hopefully give that extra quarter second to the dline to penetrate.  If he is not in position, defense opens the middle for Kupp and Higbee, and we let chunk plays kill the game.

If he plays strong ball, I think we win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.