Jump to content

Cody Ford to Arizona


aristocrat
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Compared to the team that traded away their elite #1 WR and used their two 1st round picks on defensive players, the Bills aren't keeping pace offensively. Okay.

 

You think Hill is worth 30M per? On a team where they're paying Mahomes?  Where they took the money saved this season on Hill and spent it on 2 receivers in UFA and used 2 of those acquired picks on defense?  

 

I'll trust the HC who fleeced McD 5 years ago to build an offense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

 

Really?!? What gives you that impression that Bills are not keeping pace offensively? Bills offense is more loaded than ever this season. Where do you get they aren't keeping pace? 

 

When their top off-season acquisitions are Rodger Saffold, OJ Howard, and Jamison Crowder.  

  • Eyeroll 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

 

You think Hill is worth 30M per? On a team where they're paying Mahomes?  Where they took the money saved this season on Hill and spent it on 2 receivers in UFA and used 2 of those acquired picks on defense?  

 

I'll trust the HC who fleeced McD 5 years ago to build an offense.  

 

I get why there are Bills homers on here that twist facts to be optimistic about our team. I don't get why there are people like you, anti-homers that perform mental gymnastics to make the Bills look worse and our rivals look better. No the Chiefs did not prioritize offense when they traded away their best skill position player and replaced him with two lesser players, then drafted a pass rusher and a CB with their top 2 picks. Before you try to argue against that, stop. Think. Nobody except Chiefs homers and weird anti-homers like you would try to make that argument.

 

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

 

When their top off-season acquisitions are Rodger Saffold, OJ Howard, and Jamison Crowder.  

 

So those 3 signings is what made you somehow come to conclusion that Bills aren't keeping pace? They  now have a weapon in Cook along with Shakir playing amazing. The offense has kept pace just fine and are one of the best in the NFL. 

 

I can't understand how you can say a top 3 offense isn't keeping pace

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

 

Dude it's a message board (see how that works for me also). I'm allowed to think he was given a year or so too long. Your quote comes off as snarky and puffing your chest out for some reason. I'm not Scott Law so I'd appreciate if you don't address me as such.

 

I find it hard for you to disagree that it was clear for the past couple years that it was unlikely Ford was going to improve much if any at all. So yes, I thought he was given at least 1 chance too many.

 

Oh it was snarky as hell, I freely admit.  And not really directed at you, so I apologize.  I have had it up to you-know-where with the incessant rehashing of the Cody Ford pick.  It’s a horse that was dead a long time ago, yet keeps being beaten.  To some that apparently means they are “keeping it real” with respect to Beane.  To me it’s just a lot of wasted breath.  All GMs make some terrible decisions; what separates the good and great ones is recognizing those mistakes, doing what they can to correct them, and making a hell of a lot of other great decisions that make up for the occasional miss.

 

And that is the last post I will write in this thread.

 

Go Bills!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eball said:

 

Oh it was snarky as hell, I freely admit.  And not really directed at you, so I apologize.  I have had it up to you-know-where with the incessant rehashing of the Cody Ford pick.  It’s a horse that was dead a long time ago, yet keeps being beaten.  To some that apparently means they are “keeping it real” with respect to Beane.  To me it’s just a lot of wasted breath.  All GMs make some terrible decisions; what separates the good and great ones is recognizing those mistakes, doing what they can to correct them, and making a hell of a lot of other great decisions that make up for the occasional miss.

 

And that is the last post I will write in this thread.

 

Go Bills!

 

Thank you for the apology. This is probably a thread you should avoid then if that's how you feel being it's a thread about Cody Ford it's a solid chance it gets brought up. 

 

Anyway, we all good and again, appreciate the apology

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

 

When their top off-season acquisitions are Rodger Saffold, OJ Howard, and Jamison Crowder.  


Would you feel better if the Chiefs acquired Von Miller and then had to settle for some role player Free Agents on Offense while we went out and signed MVS and Juju?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:


Would you feel better if the Chiefs acquired Von Miller and then had to settle for some role player Free Agents on Offense while we went out and signed MVS and Juju?

 

Yeah I can't make sense of it. No idea why anyone that looks at this offense that now has the receiving threat out the back field in Cook along with what Shakir has shown and say they are not keeping pace on offense and be serious. Past couple seasons they already were one of the best offenses in the league

 

It makes me feel like it might be bull pooping seeing what people will say? 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

 

Yeah I can't make sense of it. No idea why anyone that looks at this offense that now has the receiving threat out the back field in Cook along with what Shakir has shown and say they are not keeping pace on offense and be serious. Past couple seasons they already were one of the best offenses in the league

 

It makes me feel like it might be bull pooping seeing what people will say? 

just consider the source.  the guy has had a weird hard on for this staff since day one.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, teef said:

just consider the source.  the guy has had a weird hard on for this staff since day one.  

 

Lol, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing much of his content. I have a hard time taking this one serious 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BillsVet said:

 

I don't live or die on likes.  This ain't some mindless Twitter post where people crave validation for their thoughts.    

 

My criticism is directed toward how this franchise values and allocates picks/UFA dollars on offense.  And I suspect how they'll scheme the offense this season.

 

Josh covers up a lot of their offensive deficit in skill players and this will become evident when they try to balance out their run-pass play-calls. 

 

Another big issue is their skill players aside from Diggs aren't blazers.  Last season in more than 1100 offensive snaps they had just 2 plays more than 50 yards.  

 

And I know about Davis' Divisional round game where he broke a few.  This season he moves up to be a Z from that 3rd option he'd been before.  He's never had a catch rate over 57% and now faces better coverage.   

 

The AFC is quickly become dominated by the teams who not only have the QB, but feature 3 and 4 receiving options.  Compared to Cincinnati, the Chargers, and KC, Buffalo is not keeping pace offensively nor do I expect their defense to get to the playoffs and shut offenses down.  Defenses can't do that anymore

 

The Rams won the Super Bowl by giving up 21 points per game while in the playoffs.

The Bengals got to the Super Bowl by giving up 19 points per game while in the playoffs.

 

Nope, defenses can't do that anymore lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

 

I get why there are Bills homers on here that twist facts to be optimistic about our team. I don't get why there are people like you, anti-homers that perform mental gymnastics to make the Bills look worse and our rivals look better. No the Chiefs did not prioritize offense when they traded away their best skill position player and replaced him with two lesser players, then drafted a pass rusher and a CB with their top 2 picks. Before you try to argue against that, stop. Think. Nobody except Chiefs homers and weird anti-homers like you would try to make that argument.

 

 

 

The Mahomes/Reid Chiefs have been to 2 Super Bowls and won one of them.

 

They have knocked the Bills out of the playoffs each of the past two seasons.

 

They get the benefit of the doubt over McBeane because of that...............that's how victory works.

 

But they also have built arguably the most talented offensive line in football over the course of the last 16 months or so.     

 

The Bills are choosing to add that kind of talent to their defense instead of their offense..............and then instead add a lot of spare parts and value draft picks to their offense.     The investment on the defensive side of the ball has been lopsided.    There is no arguing against this........dollars and high draft picks are the big chips in the NFL personnel biz.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SCBills said:


Would you feel better if the Chiefs acquired Von Miller and then had to settle for some role player Free Agents on Offense while we went out and signed MVS and Juju?

 

It doesn't matter the moves we make.  He hates McDermott and will find any way to criticize him.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, BillsVet said:

 

The coaches and front office handling of Ford really casts into doubt their "failing" forward approach on players, especially picks.

 

And, he's the highest drafted OLineman they've taken in 6 drafts which supports my contention that they struggle to identify and develop offensive personnel.      

This is the way of the Bills, who historically do not place a high priority on blockers. Ralph drafted players in order to "put fannies in the seats." Marv had a fetish for defensive backs, even before the rule changes which favor the passing game. McDermott didn't want Mahommes, the wanted Tre White.

 

The good news? The Jets are following suit. They passed on LT Evan Neal for a corner at freaking #4, who played at a group of 5 school. He might be "good" but he was certainly not well tested in college and oh.....they just lost their LT for the season. It is hard to believe that professional football people could be so stupid.

 

The great news? We have Josh Allen, who if he stays healthy has a great shot at the HOF. I just want the Bills management to care more about protecting this kid and giving weapons. Is this asking too much?

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

The great news? We have Josh Allen, who if he stays healthy has a great shot at the HOF. I just want the Bills management to care more about protecting this kid and giving weapons. Is this asking too much?

 

You'd think that after paying Josh 40M+ for 6 seasons they'd put better talent in front of him so he's less likely to get hurt.  I guess they figure running it more and taking the ball out of his hands is the safer approach.  We'll see.   

 

  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SCBills said:


Would you feel better if the Chiefs acquired Von Miller and then had to settle for some role player Free Agents on Offense while we went out and signed MVS and Juju?

 

Here's what he said before the Von Miller signing.  

 

On 1/24/2022 at 10:50 AM, BillsVet said:

 

We're talking about a player who can change the direction of a game on DL, not decent types like those 3 you mentioned.  They're all OK, but not difference makers.

 

McD wants 8-9 Dlinemen who he can rotate because that's his out-dated scheme and he doesn't know anything else.  But it'd be nice to have a real pass rusher who can get to the QB rather than 2-3 JAGs like McD thinks as a rotation is better than 1 elite type. 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BillsVet said:

 

You'd think that after paying Josh 40M+ for 6 seasons they'd put better talent in front of him so he's less likely to get hurt.  I guess they figure running it more and taking the ball out of his hands is the safer approach.  We'll see.   

 

  

Seems to me like they've made substantial investments in the oline with Dawkins, Morse, and Bates- and then going after Saffold.  Drafting Spencer Brown and bringing in depth with starting experience.

 

Yes, we will see.  I wouldn't bet on one of the most pass happy teams in the league to "take the ball out of Allen's hands."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...