Dawson Knox brother Luke passes away

BillsFanNC

On 9/2/2022 at 5:57 PM, StHustle said:

It simply isn’t normal for a young fit kid to drop dead at 22. So when it happens of course people want to know why. When it’s kept secret it seems odd. People don’t normally hide cause of death if it was some ailment. Not sure how disclosing an ailment would bring further grief. There is a short list of causes of death that would bring further grief if made public. We all know what those are.

Wanting to know why is normal, we're inquisitive creatures. Demanding that we have the right to know is something else altogether. (not intimating that you did that)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Forlorn's posts, and the frequency thereof, have the strong odor of a political agenda...

my final word on this topic is I am a parent. I cannot empathize with they having lost a child. But I have had tragic loss within my sons friends group. Magnify That by how many tens of thousands of people with vested interest in Luke Id be keeping my private life private too.  I'm out.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Wanting to know why is normal, we're inquisitive creatures. Demanding that we have the right to know is something else altogether. (not intimating that you did that)

Nobody is demanding we know. 

Wanting to know, demanding. Two different things 

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

my final word on this topic is I am a parent. I cannot empathize with they having lost a child. But I have had tragic loss within my sons friends group. Magnify That by how many tens of thousands of people with vested interest in Luke Id be keeping my private life private too.  I'm out.

I agree and understand this perspective 100%

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Can you imagine losing multiple family members and friends and not being able to talk about it. 

Can you imagine losing your job and livelihood, businesses destroyed. 

Can you imagine violating a multitude of civil rights, privacy rights, being ostracized from people. 

But knowing all this, the anger people feel, we still respect the Knox family and their rights. If only that same approach was given the past two years...

In some respect I'm glad it happened because it revealed to me a lot about people and their true character 

well that left me speechless.   Your chat handle applies to life now I guess. be well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

So I'm assuming you follow up with the random Jane and John Doe's of the world also that suddenly die and no information is available?

What threads are you commenting on and what boards about it?

Why is this information so important to you being available vs anyone else?

Asking @Forlorn hope and @DaggersEOD since they think this information is impactful in their lives.  Let me know your answer to the questions I asked since they were ignored before.

Edited by The Wiz

5 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Where is the studies? Show everyone the truth 

So you avoided my 3 questions with a question.  What studies are you looking for exactly?  Since there has been no determined cause of death how can I provide any type of studies that you are asking for other than speculating?

Again, how does this information regarding this one particular person differ from the roughly 1,000 people that die in the US every day and why do you not need the information about them?

People wanting to know how this kid died has nothing to do with being famous, privacy, or anything else. 

It’s just curiosity. It’s human nature. 

When someone dies prematurely or unexpectedly, we all want to know how. 

It doesn’t matter if it’s an old high school friend, a co-worker, or the brother of our favorite NFL team’s tight end. 

I want to know how Luke Knox died.  I want to know how my high school classmate, Bill, died and my buddy Angus died. 

We all do. 

And there’s nothing wrong with it. 

It’s not like people are knocking on the Knox’s door asking them.

If they don’t want to say, then fine. That’s their right. 

But people need to stop busting the balls of others who wonder how the kid died. 

Fact is - everyone wants to know. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

It doesn’t matter whether anyone wants to know or doesn’t because unless you live in a permanent bubble, you will eventually know the cause of death.

The Coroner results will be Public.  Respecting the wishes of the Knox family will not factor into the release of information about the cause of death because like it or not, the results will be Public.  

In NY the results are not Public and conceivably the results could remain unknown indefinitely.  

In Tennessee and Florida, the results are Public.  The Knox family has no say in the matter.

IMO, this thread should be locked.  There is no reason to continue arguing about the issue.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

People wanting to know how this kid died has nothing to do with being famous, privacy, or anything else. 

It doesn’t matter if it’s an old high school friend, a co-worker, or the brother of our favorite NFL team’s tight end. 

I want to know how Luke Knox died.  I want to know how my high school classmate, Bill, died and my buddy Angus died. 

We all do. 

But people need to stop busting the balls of others who wonder how the kid died. 

I agree with what you wrote,  However how the Knox family chooses to handle any announcements ...or not........... Their family their decision THEIR wishes at this time should trump our curiosity for curiosity sake. jmo

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

We all do. 

When we hear of someone passing away, I think it is a natural response to be curious about the cause of death. For most people, I think it is a passing curiosity and nothing more. For others, it seems to be more than that. To each their own.

As for "busting the balls of others," that seems to be a TBD pastime...

• Like (+1) 1

When a college-age male passes away suddenly with no cause of death given (e.g. not a car accident), it's almost always either suicide or a drug overdose.  I get why a family wouldn't want to talk about that.  In principle, this sort of thing shouldn't be stigmatized, but it is and I wouldn't want to sort through those feelings on a public stage either.  Best just to give everyone room to grieve and process things in their own way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, muppy said:

because for me it closes the topic for further discussion. 

Then leave the thread and don’t come back into it. Wouldn’t that truly close the topic for you? Why must you argue with others in an effort to make them believe the same thing that you believe?

1 hour ago, hemma said:

IMO, this thread should be locked.  There is no reason to continue arguing about the issue.

This is my favorite response on message boards.

”My opinion has now been spoken and therefore the thread should be locked to all others”

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

When a college-age male passes away suddenly with no cause of death given (e.g. not a car accident), it's almost always either suicide or a drug overdose.  

Or a cardiac issue. For example, my mother has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which led me to do much research on the topic. It is a common cause of death in young competitive athletes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Then leave the thread and don’t come back into it. Wouldn’t that truly close the topic for you? Why must you argue with others in an effort to make them believe the same thing that you believe?

This is my favorite response on message boards.

”My opinion has now been spoken and therefore the thread should be locked to all others”

smh this is a chatroom. I have as much right to state my thoughts as anyone. and for the record Im not arguing. Ill take what I read with as many grains of salt as anyone chooses to read what I have to say. Im not trying to stifle conversation.  RIP Luke. I can't even imagine what that family is going through.

One of the boys I had in my  cub scouts den later  died from an overdose while on shore leave from the navy. His dad worked for the DEA and his brother law enforcement. You can imagine how that mans family and friends endured. Reality was brutal enough much less the chatter regarding it from outsiders. It colors my judgment.

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I agree with what you wrote,  However how the Knox family chooses to handle any announcements ...or not........... Their family their decision THEIR wishes at this time should trump our curiosity for curiosity sake. jmo

Of course.  I think that goes without saying.  It’s always the family’s choice. That’s why the every day Joe often doesn’t put the cause of death in the obituary for suicides and overdoses. 

Im not criticizing the family for not broadcasting the cause of death. 

But to somehow find it disrespectful to discuss, ask or speculate on a fan forum is silly. No one is being disrespected. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, muppy said:

smh this is a chatroom. I have as much right to state my thoughts as anyone.

Of course you can. But it seems absurd on it's face to say: "this closes the topic for me", while you continue to argue the topic (even after stating twice that you were done).

19 minutes ago, muppy said:

One of the boys I had in my  cub scouts pack died from an overdose while on shore leave from the navy. His dad worked for the DEA and his brother law enforcement. You can imagine how that mans family and friends endured. Reality was brutal enough much less the chatter regarding it from outsiders. It colors my judgment.

I wouldn't wish that tragedy on my worst enemy. Its a pain I hope to never experience and I wish no-one ever had to.

I do not think Luke Knox's family is visiting this forum to read peoples speculation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.