Jump to content

NFL Suspends Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17th, 2022 after investigation. Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick


Big Turk
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

 

 

 

It just got harder for him to prove.   NFL/Fins can just call the independent investigator as a witness to testify about his findings/conclusions.

As I recall, the tanking claim was only one allegation in his complaint... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

 

Sexually assaulting women, being a pervert with cheerleaders and making calendars of them without their consent...err...allegedly, not so much.

 

Yes.

 

It's for like a month and a half of actual games...big deal.

All of those catchy slogans, @ the end zones, and on helmets, ring slightly hollow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

And it if Tua accidently misfires a ball and its the GOAT cheater in mouth it is just an accident.

 

The question is, would that ball even cause a fat lip?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ross: "Lay off the workers from our construction business for a month, I just got toasted for 1.5 million!"

When they fine ownership they should take it out of their salary cap.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What exactly is the penalty to a team if their owner is suspended for three months?  I don't even understand that; it certainly doesn't impact the football operations.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

This is a joke? They couldn't admit that Ross wanted to tank cause it would bring the integrity of the NFL into question. Plus they would have to seriously consider that racism and prejudice was in play against Flores.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Right because partially confirming what he said is apparently worse than completely refuting.🤔

 

Exactly.  Conceding it was said but that no one else took him seriously when he said it is better than lying about not having said it when their are witnesses who can corroborate he said it.

 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

As I recall, the tanking claim was only one allegation in his complaint... 

 

The tanking claim was his best shot.  "Fake interviews" are hard to prove and even if they happened, so what?  What harm is done?  He would have to prove he was harmed/damaged by a fake interview process (as opposed to no interview at all) to succeed in his suit. Good luck....

Edited by Mr. WEO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly.  Conceding it was said but that no one else took him seriously when he said it is better than lying about not having said it when their are witnesses who can corroborate he said it.

I believe I was referring to refuting something vs. partially confirming it, not getting caught lying about something vs. having a story for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

The tanking claim was his best shot.  "Fake interviews" are hard to prove and even if they happened, so what?  What harm is done?  He would have to prove he was harmed by a fake interview process (as opposed to no interview at all) to succeed in his suit. Good luck....

The tanking claim was certainly the most explosive allegation in the complaint, but even if it was true, I'm not sure what damages Flores could have proven.  The harm would have been to the league, not to him personally.  I don't know how hard or easy it would have been to prove the other stuff...that's why we've got discovery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I believe I was referring to refuting something vs. partially confirming it, not getting caught lying about something vs. having a story for it.

 

I believe in the past Ross said he wasn't serious about the offer....

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

The tanking claim was certainly the most explosive allegation in the complaint, but even if it was true, I'm not sure what damages Flores could have proven.  The harm would have been to the league, not to him personally.  I don't know how hard or easy it would have been to prove the other stuff...that's why we've got discovery. 

 

 

Well, the League is a Defendant in the suit so......he won't likely claim the League was harmed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Suddenly, that claim seems to have more traction.

 

It might be included above as I skipped ahead, but I heard language today that says, basically, it doesn’t matter if it was said in jest. You can’t use “joking around about it” as a defense. As it should be, especially from the top guy. You’d still have to prove what you allege, but that excuse has been removed from the table. Again, as it should be. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...