Jump to content

Who wins the AFC South?


Division winner poll #2  

120 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the AFC South?

    • Indianapolis
    • Tennessee
    • Jacksonville
    • Houston
      0


Recommended Posts

On 7/16/2022 at 2:54 PM, H2o said:

I'm going with the Colts. They have the better defense and Ryan is a clear upgrade over Wentz. Tannehill is going to feel the loss of AJ Brown as well. I know Derrick Henry is a freak of nature, but even his body will break down if they keep giving him 400+ carries a season. 

 

This is true but he's never actually had 400 carries in a season. 378 and only 303 respectively in his last two full seasons, when he clocked 5.2 ypc, and that's as high as its ever got. To the point about good coaching, they're not destroying him like Jamaal Anderson. I don't think he's nearly done yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Colts win this division. I'm surprised at how little hype they get, because they are a strong team.

 

I think Cowherd nailed this the other day to be honest.... it is because their three best players are a guard, a middle linebacker and a running back. They have weaknesses at some of the premium positions. Yannick Ngakoue at edge and Stephon Gilmore at corner feel like sticking plaster solutions at two of the most important spots on the defense and Matt Pryor might not even be that at left tackle. Matt Ryan is the third sticking plaster in three years at Quarterback (although has the potential to be the most productive of the 3). 

 

I think they are a solid team. I think they will win the division this year and make the playoffs (for Frank Reich's job security I think they have to) but I don't think they have those real top level guys in their prime at the most important spots on the field and that will let them down again at big moments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I think Cowherd nailed this the other day to be honest.... it is because their three best players are a guard, a middle linebacker and a running back. They have weaknesses at some of the premium positions. Yannick Ngakoue at edge and Stephon Gilmore at corner feel like sticking plaster solutions at two of the most important spots on the defense and Matt Pryor might not even be that at left tackle. Matt Ryan is the third sticking plaster in three years at Quarterback (although has the potential to be the most productive of the 3). 

 

I think they are a solid team. I think they will win the division this year and make the playoffs (for Frank Reich's job security I think they have to) but I don't think they have those real top level guys in their prime at the most important spots on the field and that will let them down again at big moments. 

All good points.

 

The Colts did not make the sexy moves that the Bills, Chargers & Broncos did, and as you noted, their best players are not at flashy positions.

 

They should win their division. How far can they go in the playoffs is difficult to say. They are a tough team that should not be taken lightly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2022 at 7:35 PM, Victory Formation said:

They have an established culture there. Doubt Matt Ryan can lift up an entire franchise on his back, he didn’t do that in Atlanta, did he?

Atlanta had a terrible defense, a lesser OL and no weapons.   The colts have a very good defense, a great OL, great RBs and solid WRs.  They added Ngakoue to rush opposite Paye with Buckner in the middle and An all pro MLB.  To compare the two rosters is unfair to Ryan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Atlanta had a terrible defense, a lesser OL and no weapons.   The colts have a very good defense, a great OL, great RBs and solid WRs.  They added Ngakoue to rush opposite Paye with Buckner in the middle and An all pro MLB.  To compare the two rosters is unfair to Ryan

 

I think the Colts are a legitimately tough football team.  Their collapse against Jacksonville last season is hard to wrap your head around but if they don't win the division i'd be very surprised.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eball said:

 

I think the Colts are a legitimately tough football team.  Their collapse against Jacksonville last season is hard to wrap your head around but if they don't win the division i'd be very surprised.

Still give the edge to the Titans but yeah if Ryan is solid, wouldn't shock me if Colts win it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, Victory Formation said:

Vrabel is truly an underrated coach and Tannehill is a frustratingly good QB. Almost like Pennington was with the Jets. When he gets into a rhythm, it’s like the guy never misses a pass. Titans also have a very good defense and a very good run game. 
 

As far as Indy goes, it’s hard to say whether or not Matt Ryan is a good QB anymore. It could be a similar situation to what Matt Stafford was in with the Lions but I just don’t know.

 

I do think the Titans are a legitimate team and a contender and honestly I think they’re one of those teams that Buffalo matches up poorly against.

 

Vrabel is an A+ coach.

 

Vrabel is an underrated coach. 100% agree. Tannehill is a frustrating QB and can get into a zone. They lost AJ Brown, but added Robert Woods. (He can't escape the East LOL). We all know Woods is a great blocking WR. But as a receiver I think they miss AJ Brown's physicality. IMO AJ Brown is a (+) Anquan Bolden right now. And I think Woods is coming off of an injury?

 

I know they added baby AJ Brown in Treylon Brooks, but I think they slip a bit this year.

 

Indy looks solid all over. They missed on Campbell, but Pittman is underrated. I think they sneak out the AFC South by a game.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im going to go with Indi.  I always seem to underrate how good Tenn is but I still just dont think they are that great of a football team.  Indi has a sound roster, good coaching, and I think while Ryan is on the downside of his career he is still better than Wentz as he can throw the ball downfield.  Ryan should look better this year than last with a good line and great running game to help him out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...